Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Main Event] Bracket
I am not rooting nationally. Nothing personal. I'm calling for either an Aussie Domination for my man Vermi or a UK style Conquest with Shieldynub leading the charge.

Whoever plays Brazil B please crush Hawk for me. I don't even care if you lose the match so long as that foo eats a heady dose ownslap stew.
Thanks given by:
one of the programming geniuses couldnt form a simple randomization algorithm?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 03:56AM)Waffles Wrote: one of the programming geniuses couldnt form a simple randomization algorithm?

Why do that when random.org is so much easier and produces the same result?
Thanks given by:
unlucky.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 03:56AM)Waffles Wrote: one of the programming geniuses couldnt form a simple randomization algorithm?

They pulled the teams from a hat, pretty simple if you ask me :)
Thanks given by:
good fucking job. ofc better say to NL goodbye
Thanks given by:
what is randomness though?

it's a fucking sick tourny tree tbh, can't let france walk into every final
Thanks given by:
UK with the easy path to the finals, while Fra or USA goes out by round 2.

Game is rigged.
Thanks given by:
Where is russia?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 12:19PM)Mise Wrote: Where is russia?

I guess they'll play NL
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 04:37PM)Million Wrote:
(22 Jun 15, 12:19PM)Mise Wrote: Where is russia?

I guess they'll play NL
The bracket you are seeing is in its final form. Only the teams you see on the official bracket are playing.
Thanks given by:
Yes, why is russia not playing is my question? I know you have mod and shit, so dont act big. answer the question rather than spouting needless bullshit.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 04:57PM)Mise Wrote: so dont act big.

acting big yourself eh? :p

russia didnt get approved apparently, i think we can all guess why
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 05:05PM)Marti Wrote:
(22 Jun 15, 04:57PM)Mise Wrote: so dont act big.

acting big yourself eh? :p

Never.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 05:05PM)Marti Wrote: russia didnt get approved apparently, i think we can all guess why
probably anti-russian sanctions has extended, they include russian acwc team, that can't play tournaments anymore
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 15, 08:05PM)sukablya Wrote: probably anti-russian sanctions has extended, they include russian acwc team, that can't play tournaments anymore

damn how did you know
Thanks given by:
Who and how did you pick maps ?
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 15, 07:45PM)Million Wrote: Who and how did you pick maps ?

Well the real questions are :
1) What is the list of allowed maps ?
2) Why isn't there a veto process for each team to ban maps instead of a random algorithm ? I don't like randomness but what i really don't like the fact its not the same map for all matches of each stage.
3) Are the future matches going to be 1 map only ? It would be cool to make it longer since the ACWC is the best opportunity we have to get so many matches played.
Thanks given by:
I confess I was disappointed again with the way the championship was created.
An official championship should include all official maps.
Simple, choose disputes randomly and maps as well.
Teams must know how to play any official map and this map should be chosen by luck.

It reminded me of the championship created by Drakas, some teams were favored by the choice of maps ... unfortunate.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 15, 03:21AM)1Cap Wrote: Teams must know how to play any official map and this map should be chosen by luck.
But some maps are horrible for competitive 3v3 CTF.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 15, 03:21AM)1Cap Wrote: I confess I was disappointed again with the way the championship was created.
An official championship should include all official maps.
Simple, choose disputes randomly and maps as well.
Teams must know how to play any official map and this map should be chosen by luck.

It reminded me of the championship created by Drakas, some teams were favored by the choice of maps ... unfortunate.

if maps are chosen randomly then there will always be one favored team.
thats why maybe (especially if so few maps are played) the teams should decide together what to play.

(24 Jun 15, 06:20AM)Orynge Wrote: But some maps are horrible for competitive 3v3 CTF.

Yes, definitely. However, it would be good to know which maps /can/ be played.
Thanks given by:
From what I've heard from discussion with rad/vanq/etc., the map roster is something like the following:
aqueous, depot, des3, elevation, gothic, ingress, mines, outpost, power, shine, sunset, urban, werk

Maybe with one or two additional maps mixed in (arabian? cavern? he said hopefully), but I'm relatively confident that those ^ are all included
Thanks given by:
god help us if aqueous is a map
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 15, 08:17AM)Waffles Wrote: god help us if aqueous is a map

have you played the 1.2 version yet?
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 15, 08:08AM)Oracle Wrote: From what I've heard from discussion with rad/vanq/etc., the map roster is something like the following:
aqueous, depot, des3, elevation, gothic, ingress, mines, outpost, power, shine, sunset, urban, werk

Maybe with one or two additional maps mixed in (arabian? cavern? he said hopefully), but I'm relatively confident that those ^ are all included

well this list should be public, its kind of unfair to keep it for themselves...
Thanks given by:
Aqueous isn't that unfair i clearly prefer the blue side and find it easier.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 15, 09:02AM)Honor Wrote: Aqueous isn't that unfair i clearly prefer the blue side and find it easier.

I wouldn't quite go that far personally, but I agree people make way too much of a big deal out of aqueous being biased. ever since the tunnels got fixed it became a lot better, imo
Thanks given by:
So the list of maps is not going to be released ? I've really looked through the official threads and could not find it..
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 15, 09:33AM)Vanquish Wrote: I wouldn't quite go that far personally, but I agree people make way too much of a big deal out of aqueous being biased. ever since the tunnels got fixed it became a lot better, imo

It's not even close to as biased any more. :(
Source: Picked it every match in 1.1
Thanks given by:
Another possibility would be that each team chooses a map. the two sides of each map would be played.
And ac_venison, and others?

* This question of how the maps are chosen and how the bracket is created is an old problem ...
+ Another question is how will the choice of judges for each match.
Thanks given by: