My issues
ExodusS Wrote:I enjoy playing AC too much, this is why I will never drop this gale completelly. It will stay as my main FPS (and game) and I must deal with it.

I started at the early 1.0 on the famous Ezjemvill with DaylixX and some old AlienWare members. Because AlienWare was a team, rivals came fast and "forced" us to fall into the competitive world. It was the time for me to discover the game from another point of view. The "competition scene" was mainly based around a small amount of "elite" clans (w00p, oNe, BC, ANGRA...) and trust me, 4 strong clans was a very small number at this time.
I was in .cS" and I remember how easy it was to find a match. The IRC and TS3 was useless here, all you had to do was to search the "|" in the server list, it was enough to find at least 3 different clans who were willing to play if they had enough teammates for a 3 vs 3.

And matches were so different ... newcomers who started playing at the 1.1 can't even have a taste of the game during previous versions.
All clans were trying to prove the fact they were better than their opponents, of course not everyone was a kind player and some insults and false accusations were dropped. In any case clans were providing (and sharing) unofficial clients because at this time it was enough to be ban from your clan. Maybe you can check on |oNe| website, the fact they were forcing their members and applicants to play a game as fair as possible, no bright skins and also no reduced textures! (also called Carbon mod, 1x2 pixel textures that had the "false" reputation to improve your FPS, the FPS was not really improved but this mod allowed everyone to see opponents, teammates, pickups and flags in a very contrasted environment). A lot of discussions about this kind of mods were dropped on the official forum (this is why today, brightskins are filtered, this gives me some hard times on maps with a shit lightning cause my screen is very dark). To finish about those mods, it was described as the "cheat of the poor" wich is kinda funny and true. Using it was also giving you a not very good reputation...

Some weeks before the 1.1 official release, I remember playing the SVN with Brett, Sanzo ech0, some internationnal players and devs. I remember everyone using their common weapons (snipers and SMG) but ElCre#M|A# using the AR. Everyone had the fast conclusion that the fact AR was much stronger - too powerfull. It wasn't too late to fix it (1.1 had no release date) and devs were playing with us, but nothing was done to fix this obvious issue.

The 1.1 came out (makke was spamming it on all servers) and many clans were not ready to change. w00p clan even launched a 1.0 masterserver, BC, 3" (slovakian players who almost won the world cup one month before) followed by some clans stayed on the 1.0.

I started playing the 1.1 since the first day, waiting after clans to come on the new release (today most of them stopped AC). I was (like most of the players) an AR player. The public skill level was already dropping because I was turning around 3 ration on crowded publics wich was anormal because I was not that strong to handle very good scores on a crowded real public we could find on the 1.0.

Some clans appeared with the 1.1. The most significative was the come of "epic." clan, at start it was composed of Jason and Larry playing exclusivelly AR on ac_outpost RVSF. (funny). They also come with a new gameplay. The art of "blocking the game". It was nothing really new since it was used by a winning team in match to "play with the time" in CTF. The concept is simple, when your teammate die, instead of stealing the enemy flag, you come back to your base to defend it. This results in a blocked and lack of interest game especially because Epic were using ot even when they were losing and during the whole match. This concept was sprayed to almost all matches you can find today, just because it fits perfectly with the AR abilities (fast moves and strong kill machine). The weapon balance thread was blewing up (obvious) and some lines were dropped by Jason and Larry about it in a very biased point of view.

(20 Apr 11 09:36PM)Jason Wrote:
Always play to win, and use what advantage you can
Roflcopter Wrote:
We (legacy) play the game to win

This is funny when you see Larry fighting for the half-time swapteams, same guy who never stop his searches about unfair shits ans spreading everything he finds to everyone arounf him (@his clan especially). The same guy who organise tournaments we must sign-up before the rules are written, where each teams pick his map ( forcing teams to pick unfair map obviously, you know a team who signs up to lose?).

Let's speak a bit about Legacy, this clan (was playing AR only lol) was encouraging unfair advantages, it started in matches with some really annoying maps/modes, the famous ac_aqueous CLA was pointed out, this map was by far the most biased official map. Then they started to vote other shits such as ac_rattrap (if you like to be stucked and if you have a 6+ years old laptop, you will enjoy playing this map) in HTF, ac_outpost HTF, also ac_iceroad on HTF using a glitch to stuck the flag and the flagger in an unaccessible area. (accessible only if you are full HP, with 50+ kevlar and if you trow a perfect grenade on your head, all this by getting hit by the flagger at the bottom of the hole and in front of the enemy base's door. LOL).

SKB releases a custom client (I'm not accusing him) and this is the start of the "custom client" shit, a lot of players are playing matches with different clients, are providing it and sharing it in the private part of their forum (GsF made some custom clients too), some are offering things comparable to a cheat, but the real problem is that clients are all different, and they are modifeing the game, the point I wanted to say is that the competition scene is not playing the same AssaultCube. Some scripts (almost useless) were shared between members of the same team, to answer that, their opponents are also creating script they try to hide from everyone, is this a clan match or a script match?

Plus since the 1.1, the new meta is to don't give a fuck about the blacklist, to recruit ex-cheaters and to forgive them for their past, some are cleans and they can dare to ask a second chance, but some of them are not clean at all, you can take the exemple of Alive, there is proofs he cheated, but he was still playing with the same client, and opponents/teammates were accepting to play with him. Same for Plenas, this guy is in the top cheater try-harder of the year, but many players were accepting him in matches, inters etc... (you can take as exemple this guy: "PORTUGAL" who even played for the last tournament, what a joke!). This new generation of players are making the game absolutelly not fun at all, of course the priority for a clan is to win (I will not lie on this) but winning your opponents when you are full of scripts, modified clients, when you use better (and not fun) weapons on annoying and biased maps against players who are playing an AssaultCube as soft and enjoyable as possible... Winning like this make you feel better, you think you are better than your opponents?

This is stupid, the game of today is not the game I used to enjoy before.

Sorry for my amazing English level, good luck, and enjoy your ac_desert3 CLA, during, I'll have fun on noob publics on the game I like.

http://urbandictionary.com/define.php?te...ma%20queen
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...id=4288728

so stupid
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 14, 09:01PM)PrincessLayla Wrote:
ExodusS Wrote:...
http://urbandictionary.com/define.php?te...ma%20queen
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...id=4288728
so stupid
It was a great text. Exoduss, thanks for sharing your opinion. I agree with much that you wrote.
PrincessLayla - Stop trying to be a new forum troll.
You need to respect the opinion of others.
Stupidity is quote a post like you did. Use [spoiler] ... [/ spoiler]

Respect to be respected.
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 14, 09:57PM)1Cap Wrote: It was a great text. Exoduss, thanks for sharing your opinion. I agree with much that you wrote.
PrincessLayla - Stop trying to be a new forum troll.
You need to respect the opinion of others.
Stupidity is quote a post like you did. Use [spoiler] ... [/ spoiler]

Respect to be respected.

To write a review you should understand nostalgia and how it affects your way of thinking. Most people with a little life experience will think that games, music and movies were better 'back in the days'. People with an open mind will realise that they actually weren't and it's just the nostalgia making you think such things. Those who don't realise this aren't fit to write reviews and similar. It's very easy to complain and be negative but it's also cheap. I don't respect someone who only complains without doing anything to improve the situation. This is my opinion, you respect it?
Thanks given by:
Noslagia would have been nothing more but a "it was better before" wich I didn't do.
This is not a "drama-text" as long at it's a statement of the past and the present AssaultCube. You are part of the cancer Fred, or PrincessLayla, Lexus or anyone else under this alias, especially when you just taunt me saying I never did something for this game, you stalked my created threads and forum posts, you certainly saw enough contents that would instantly counter this argument.
Thanks given by:
I need fucking popcorn.

Would you mind not turning yet another thread into a flame war? I believe forums have a PM function for a reason.
Thanks given by:
I split these posts off for you Princess because you seem to like having a shitty thread streak. Appropriately named, now take it to PM.
Thanks given by: