Aimbotter
Hiya. There was some ass name VectorM12 using an aimbot on a couple of servers this evening. As far as I can remember, they were the ffp one, an AoX ones, and a few others.

I don't know how to get his IP address so I don't have that. Same goes for a demo. There were a bunch of witnesses, plus I took a couple of screenshots. These forums don't seem to have an option to upload images, so I guess I can email the screenshots if you guys need them.
Thanks given by:
I hope it wasn't me cause I don't have aimbots. It's not the first time I'm being accused of having one though. Please find that nasty impersonator of me and ban him forever :)
Thanks given by:
(30 May 14, 05:12AM)VectorM12 Wrote: I hope it wasn't me cause I don't have aimbots. It's not the first time I'm being accused of having one though. Please find that nasty impersonator and ban him forever :)

I find it slightly suspicious that roughly 10 minutes after I tell said aimbotter in one of the servers that I made a forum thread about him, a post from the 'original non aimbotter' appears claiming it's all a nasty impersonator doing it.

Who knows, perhaps I'm paranoid! But perhaps I'm not.
Thanks given by:
You can upload screenshots to http://imgur.com/
You can get demos in game from your multiplayer menu or by pressing f10 after the map rotates to get the last game.
You can grab a user's partial IP via /whois cn where cn is the client number of a player (0-15). You can find the cn in the scoreboard.
Thanks given by:
VectorM12 reported a cheat here. The player reported then used VectorM12's name on the Master Server. I can't guarantee that your cheat is the same player that VectorM12 reported, MagnaEliza (since you couldn't get the IP/demo), but it seems likely.
Thanks given by:
I've found the demo of the game where Eliza gets suspicious of me using the aimbot. It was on one of the "onlineplayer.eu 24/7" servers. The real aimbotter was a guy called Highplace whom I suspected to have aimbot but decided not to report as the guy seemed to have good skills. Later on, the same guy but this time named as ad_81 joined the game on another server, showing really good aim until he finally started using his aimbot quite openly, so I decided to report him.

In my defence I'd say that I never cheated and have no intention of doing so. I have some sniper skill though I'm not a pro. In maps like camper it is relatively easy to make headshots due to large number of narrow corridors. Many of the players stand still or run in straight lines, they don't know how to dodge snipers therefore they become easy targets. It is also easy to make a headshot in very close range combat. Besides, there is also a thing called "lucky shot" when you accidentally make a headshot. It happens. Anyway, let Jamz decide.
Thanks given by:
(30 May 14, 11:23AM)VectorM12 Wrote: I've found the demo of the game where Eliza gets suspicious of me using the aimbot. It was on one of the "onlineplayer.eu 24/7" servers. The real aimbotter was a guy called Highplace whom I suspected to have aimbot but decided not to report as the guy seemed to have good skills. Later on, the same guy but this time named as ad_81 joined the game on another server, showing really good aim until he finally started using his aimbot quite openly, so I decided to report him.

In my defence I'd say that I never cheated and have no intention of doing so. I have some sniper skill though I'm not a pro. In maps like camper it is relatively easy to make headshots due to large number of narrow corridors. Many of the players stand still or run in straight lines, they don't know how to dodge snipers therefore they become easy targets. It is also easy to make a headshot in very close range combat. Besides, there is also a thing called "lucky shot" when you accidentally make a headshot. It happens. Anyway, let Jamz decide.

Not sure about this Highplace guy, I never noticed him before. Anyway, it wasn't just the onlineplayer.eu server that the guy was on, or the camper map. I saw him get headshot after headshot on a OSOK server running Desert as well.
Thanks given by:
(30 May 14, 11:23AM)VectorM12 Wrote: ...The real aimbotter was a guy called Highplace...
That's the same guy you reported, VectorM12. Didn't you know you can /whois in demos?

This thread seems to going in circles. MagnaEliza, please get the demo next time (as XRD said, F10 when the game has ended), if possible. And remember, it's possible to play with almost any name at any time.
Thanks given by:
Yo MagnaEliza... Try to give us evidence about the "impersonator" next time, so we can see if you are saying the truth about the hacker, i've played with this guy in some pubs but i can't tell ya if he hacks.

Impersonating... The most common problem in FPS games that let you the liberty of changing your name any time... Devs should limit this by letting people only choose a one name that it can't be changed and repeated in whole AC community, in other words, to guys with the same name is not allowed... this could be a nice way to avoid impersonating.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Anyway, it wasn't just the onlineplayer.eu server that the guy was on, or the camper map. I saw him get headshot after headshot on a OSOK server running Desert as well.

Then it definitely wasn't me cause I don't play TOSOK or OSOK. I play mostly TDM on camper maps or CTF in mainstream maps, or inters occasionally. You can spot the aimbotter by spectating him, if the person headshots on the fly (sometimes headshot on the fly can be just a lucky one) or through walls or when facing a different direction from the target, it will be obvious.

Quote:That's the same guy you reported, VectorM12. Didn't you know you can /whois in demos?

Yes, I found out from the demo that Highplace and ad_81 is the same person. But I didn't know that he used my nickname on other servers like you said.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that guy uses about a dozen other names too, in only a matter of days....
Thanks given by: