DDOS attempt...
http://pastebin.com/rPCAPHgi

Should it be banned from the master server itself?
Thanks given by:
Yes.

IP?
Thanks given by:
217.118.66.0/25

ID'ed as {CoE}BirDie
Thanks given by:
I've investigated this, thanks to Buggy for getting me the server logs, and it wasn't a 'distributed' attack, nor did it interrupt the AC server. It was no worse than people who spam click the connect when the server is full, even if it was deliberately scripted and over a longer period on this occasion.
Heavens know I have no reason to stick up for BirDie, but I didn't see anything here that's CBL'able.
Thanks given by:
217.118.66.0/25
213.87.131.0/25
213.87.134.0/25

This is the IP ranges i have.
Thanks given by:
<3 G/J
Thanks given by:
that looks like a sad atempt.. it doesnt even look like a ddos..

was it all in 1 second?
Thanks given by:
Still though,
Thanks given by:
Iguana, It's one fail connection per second.

Then IT grew to three fails per second
Thanks given by:
I just found a bug in your ircmod, you should just say "thank you" :D (but your panic me amused) lol
Thanks given by:
PLZ enlighten the community. I am a complete nooby when it comes to situations like this. Training mode still in progress. Share Please....
Thanks given by:
Basically, Murph, someone scripted something to make them joined several times a second in an effort to crash the server. Or at least, that's what I can gather.
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 13, 01:10PM)Orynge Wrote: Basically, Murph, someone scripted something to make them joined several times a second in an effort to crash the server. Or at least, that's what I can gather.

I see watcha screaming Ory, I just didn't see what solado saw, but I get the point. THX MAN :)
EDIT: I mean B}RORY :p
Thanks given by:
One fine day I came across a server which regarded my nickname as inappropriate. I did the same thing the topic is about: I made like 50 fast attempts to connect to the server (you call it DDoS) in the hope that its owner would see that in the logs. In fact, such an activity doesn't cause any harm except the moral one to the server owner. It's kinda nonverbal communication and no more.
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 13, 12:31PM)Sveark Wrote: One fine day I came across a server which regarded my nickname as inappropriate. I did the same thing the topic is about

I did that once when I read Charlotte's Web
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 13, 12:31PM)Sveark Wrote: ...
This guy joins with 5 different clients, I'm pretty sure he's trying to bring down the server.
Thanks given by:
And im pretty sure this thread is boring

Its a cube script made to auto reconnect on servers that have the stupid afk kick or if you disconnect for some unknown reason

It cant do shit to the server even with that many clients
Thanks given by:
Theres a big difference between reconnecting to the server for legitimate reasons and purposefully spamming reconnects multiple times a second in an attempt to slow the server.
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 13, 10:36PM)Bukz Wrote: Theres a big difference between reconnecting to the server for legitimate reasons and purposefully spamming reconnects multiple times a second in an attempt to slow the server.

anyway it was a big fail
Thanks given by:
This have went far enough.
Thanks given by: