floating platform
in map editing mode, how do I create a floating platform or a platform that is in mid-air? Thanks.
Thanks given by:
You can simulate it with a mapmodel and clipping, but you can't do it with map geometry.
The problem is that a Cube map's geometry is like a large 2D grid with height information.
Because of this, each square cube can have a height of the ground and the ceiling, but only those two bits of height info.
Thanks given by:
so that is how people create those mid-air barrels in GEMA maps?
Thanks given by:
I know at least 3 ways to do that but if it's to make more GEMA shite I won't help.

Yeah yeah I know, some are gonna spill the beans on me again but for what I care...
Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 13, 05:20AM)Lee Wrote: so that is how people create those mid-air barrels in GEMA maps?

Dont worry mate, gema are gonna be removed in the next versions. Dont waste your time trying to be creative.
Just do like us : be inactive and play good old ladders from time to time :p

ps : oups i played again with the report button :/
Thanks given by:
you people get pissed off for no reason. I'm not making a gema map, I just want to know how to make a floating platform, I don't want to use the 3d models because I need it to be like the map's floor.
Thanks given by:
you can change the texture of the plataform. did ypu read the "readme" file?
Thanks given by:
Do not know if GEMA game will be removed in the next version. What I know is what has been said here many times. Remember?
"you are a guest in this forum."
Surely we can use the same for the game.
"you are a guest in this game" lol
Can I help you with your question or not.
But because I was coming to the forum just to talk bad about the GEMAgames?
This is the behavior of those trying to induce. IMO

starts here: http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...tml#models[/align]
Thanks given by:
All I asked was how to make a platform appear like it is in mid-air. I get how to do it now. This is an open source game, yet people aren't allowed to do some creative things in this game, that is sad.
Thanks given by:
right click -> mapmodel -> platforms -> pick one

to modify the platform, hit ;
Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 13, 07:37PM)1Cap Wrote: Do not know if GEMA game will be removed in the next version.

I think map restrictions should be even more restricting
Weapons should have 0 kick
Edge jump should be removed
God knows some people in this thread dont need those lol

Do your very best to stop jump maps in this game

Im serious! not being sarcastic at all
why? who knows:D

When you put platform in a map you can hover over it and see if its selected then
HOLD 3 and use mouse wheel to change height
Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 13, 07:23PM)Lee Wrote: you people get pissed off for no reason. I'm not making a gema map, I just want to know how to make a floating platform, I don't want to use the 3d models because I need it to be like the map's floor.

(16 Feb 13, 08:43PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: right click -> mapmodel -> platforms -> pick one
to modify the platform, hit ;

@ RandumKiwi, platform mapmodel is not available in current version.

@ Lee, download Platforms and fix you hight and texture when adding command /newent mapmodel

PS: nonsense (unless within a humorous context) has indeed a tendency to piss us off, I see nothing wrong with that..
Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 13, 11:34PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: @ RandumKiwi, platform mapmodel is not available in current version.

Dunno which current version you're playing on, but I certainly have it.
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 13, 02:30AM)Frogulis Wrote:
(16 Feb 13, 11:34PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: @ RandumKiwi, platform mapmodel is not available in current version.

Dunno which current version you're playing on, but I certainly have it.

it's still rockin on 0.96 lol

sorry
Thanks given by: