Appeal
This is an appeal for the ban as presented here:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-543-post-...l#pid98417

For the reason of using an 'aimbot'.

Clearly the appeal (nor the accusation) should not proceed until the occurrences (precise as possible, perhaps even to the kill) of an aimbot are presented.

So before listing what I personally found in the demo, I would like to see why a particular person(s) considered the gameplay illegal.

Thank You,
Rajan
Thanks given by:
Rajan be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.
Thanks given by:
Ok, I've watched the full demo and I'm gonna have to side with OP here.

jamz, you'll want to rewatch the demo for this BL entry.
Thanks given by:
I have watched the demo as well. Even though I have 0 experience spotting players using aimbot, this doesn't seem that obvious..
Thanks given by:
No dice.
I know it's a cheat, and I know the player.
edit: Maybe I shouldn't be so coy. Explanation to follow...
...I saw a played called 'wdad' in a server log a couple of days ago and made a note of the IP. I can't remember now what it was, whether it was a suspicious client or suspicious activity; I just kept it in mind. When someone (haze, I think) pointed out in this game that they suspected an aimbot, the first thing I did was /whois Rajan and cross-reference the IP with my lists. Lo and behold it matched.
I checked the first couple of octets of the IP against known cheats; no matches. I then checked names used by that IP against known cheats and got a match; 'hilar'. The name created a ban entry for an IP range used by RoyceRK (If you don't know who RoyceRK is then you're avoiding the sort of websites I'd expect good, honest gamers to avoid), and it was just 13 minutes after this that the new IP showed in the logs.
So, I had two suspicious players using the same name on two different IPs, but both in the same geographic location and within 13 minutes of each other. It wasn't hard to work out
When I coupled this with the fact that the SMG in the demo has over 50% accuracy, I was convinced. So I guess this cheat was obvious to me, but maybe not everyone else. I'm not as clever as 'TheR', and I'm sorry to say I certainly won't spot him every time, but on this occasion he made it too easy.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 11:21PM)jamz Wrote: No dice.
I know it's a cheat, and I know the player.

Hello jamz,

Thank you for examining the appeal, and providing your input.

As evident by a growing blacklist, I understand cheating is at large in this game. Furthermore, I understand that you are reputable in the community for detecting cheaters. However, being a curious person, I would like to understand your reasoning behind this particular case. The fact of "knowing" is convincing from your position of reputation, however I am sure the fact of providing instances of an 'aimbot' would be a stronger argument.

@titiPT: I myself had to examine what I was being accused of. Simply search the blacklist thread for demos of aimbots and compare the demo presented by jamz.

Thank You,
Rajan
Thanks given by:
There was a snap just before 9MR. Rajan kills the RVSF flagger from above, drops down, climbs the ladder again, and his aim appears to snap to the RVSF in front of him.

That's the only thing I've noticed so far. I wouldn't call it definitive(Or even evidence) by itself but there is something about that demo I don't feel totally comfortable with.

I also noticed that the SMG's recoil is extremely difficult to see when watching a demo. I hadn't noticed how slight it was before and I would advise casual cheat catchers to refrain from posting a report about someone because you can't see their recoil.
Thanks given by:
I too have also watched the demo and i must say, if he IS usuing one its not the most obvious.
You can tell by his movements he is experianced as he knows where the health and armor pickups are but to me those SMG skills are slightly too good for me to believe. but hack detection isnt my forte so make the decision for yourselves.

EDIT:
(05 Jun 12, 11:21PM)jamz Wrote: No dice.
I know it's a cheat, and I know the player...
Thats all i need to hear.
Thanks given by:
What i find hard to explain is how a player who is supposedly that skilled joined the forums today.
Edit: i'm convinced by the explanation, ty jamz
Thanks given by:
jamz,

Thank you for continuing to pursue this case.

(05 Jun 12, 11:21PM)jamz Wrote: I saw a played called 'wdad' in a server log a couple of days ago and made a note of the IP. I can't remember now what it was, whether it was a suspicious client or suspicious activity; I just kept it in mind. When someone (haze, I think) pointed out in this game that they suspected an aimbot, the first thing I did was /whois Rajan and cross-reference the IP with my lists. Lo and behold it matched.

It is true I have I played from the following aliases:
unarmed (For lack of a better alias)
wdad (For lack of a better alias, notice how these characters strongly correlated to the WASD keys)
Rajan

As for "made a note of the IP" and "Lo and behold it matched", this was perhaps under the same pretense as to my current accusation, i.e., being suspected of an aimbot. Now if you were to find that the player 'wdad' (me) was without a shadow of a doubt using an aimbot, then clearly it can be deduced that 'Rajan' (me) is also using an 'aimbot'. But herein lies the problem, the same person ('wdad', me) is suspected of an 'aimbot'. Unless there is a problem with using multiple aliases under the same IP, it is within my understanding that no 'crime' was conducted.

I do not recall ever being withdrawn from a game due to "suspicious client or suspicious activity". However, if you feel that this is a significant indication, I kindly request a time stamp along with server IP that this occurred.

(05 Jun 12, 11:21PM)jamz Wrote: I checked the first couple of octets of the IP against known cheats; no matches. I then checked names used by that IP against known cheats and got a match; 'hilar'. The name created a ban entry for an IP range used by RoyceRK (If you don't know who RoyceRK is then you're avoiding the sort of websites I'd expect good, honest gamers to avoid), and it was just 13 minutes after this that the new IP showed in the logs.
So, I had two suspicious players using the same name on two different IPs, but both in the same geographic location and within 13 minutes of each other

Please excuse me if my interpretation of your second body paragraph is incorrect, but what I recovered from this is:

*My IP did not match within a reasonable ISP range for known cheats.
*There is a player named 'hilar' who has a supposedly wide ban-range in which my IP is caught under.
*Apparently I am within the same region (Northeast United States) as this aforementioned player.
*Mention about 'RoyceRK', supposedly another player believed to be 'hilar'. This is the most puzzling from your second paragraph. Is it not obvious that the player 'hilar' is 'RoyceRK' and therefore would clearly match in IP, geographic location, and time frame from playing with different aliases?

As for your final body paragraph:

*My shooting accuracy is odd to you, and your standard figure of 'aimbot' accuracy is 50%.

To what end do you not ban 'professional' players for their shooting accuracy?

Was the demo a mere object in an accusation based on flimsy deductions? That is, it seems your weighing fragile statements with more precedence than the demo (which is provided evidence) of my gameplay, which is odd to say the least.

Thank You,
Rajan
Thanks given by:
Snap aim isn't professional, in my experience it's also extremely obvious and the leading reason most cheaters are caught.
Thanks given by:
Haxxor is badxor :(
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 12:33AM)Vermi Wrote: Snap aim isn't professional, in my experience it's also extremely obvious and the leading reason most cheaters are caught.

Hello vermi,

Thanks for your input on my concluding statement. The problem with the final accusation made by jamz is that the accuracy of handling the weapon was over 50%. This leaves the gray area of what constitutes to handling the weapon.

In my instance, I am suspected of using an 'aimbot', or collectively called 'snap aim'. My first intention for this appeal was to examine specific indications of this 'snap aim' occurring. I have examined Mael's concern at nine minutes remaining in the demo, and this can easily be attributed to a high sensitivity on a low resolution (12 sensitivity and 640x480 in my case). This is explained by the fact that resolution does not accurately scale sensitivity.

Thank You,
Rajan
Thanks given by:
I actually remember a 'wdad' player in the pubs only 1-2 days ago. He had me fooled, I just assumed he was a brilliant SMG player that was using an alias.

He was always one step ahead, with regard to where I was. Maybe he doesn't use a wall hack, but once he started firing, it felt as if he manages to get more hits on me than any other pro player I've encountered. The fact that he isn't a regular player (well I've never heard of him until now), has pretty much convinced me here.

Good catch, jamz. ^^
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 12:51AM)TheR Wrote:
(06 Jun 12, 12:33AM)Vermi Wrote: Snap aim isn't professional, in my experience it's also extremely obvious and the leading reason most cheaters are caught.

Hello vermi,

Thanks for your input on my concluding statement. The problem with the final accusation made by jamz is that the accuracy of handling the weapon was over 50%. This leaves the gray area of what constitutes to handling the weapon.

In my instance, I am suspected of using an 'aimbot', or collectively called 'snap aim'. My first intention for this appeal was to examine specific indications of this 'snap aim' occurring. I have examined Mael's concern at nine minutes remaining in the demo, and this can easily be attributed to a high sensitivity on a low resolution (12 sensitivity and 640x480 in my case). This is explained by the fact that resolution does not accurately scale sensitivity.

Thank You,
Rajan

12 sens, this kid must be a champ, let's 1v1 Rajan /connect lolol.tk 7777 match
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 12:59AM)Vermi Wrote: 12 sens, this kid must be a champ, let's 1v1 Rajan /connect lolol.tk 7777 match

Lol, I like how he hasn't mentioned that he doesn't use any cheats...
Thanks given by:
i think you guys are kind of missing something here. according to what i just read, only one snap aim was found. wouldn't you find a snap aim every time an RSVF came into sight? so he stopped the game for a sec, turned on the aimbot for like five seconds, and then turned it off again?
Thanks given by:
Your elaboration is suspicious, answer me this, if you would:
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 02:40AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Your elaboration is suspicious, answer me this, if you would:

dammit paul
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 02:25AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: according to what i just read, only one snap aim was found.

I may have only seen one because I only watched part of the demo.

(06 Jun 12, 02:25AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: wouldn't you find a snap aim every time an RSVF came into sight?

Not unless whoever wrote the aimbot was totally inept.

We like to take jabs at players foolish enough to cheat and then come here and tell us they're innocent when they clearly are not. But in order to write the code for an aimbot you must have at least some measure of intelligence. My guess is most people intelligent enough to write something like this are cognizant of the dangers of always snapping to targets.
Thanks given by:
Can we get some "good" player's accuracies with the SMG? I kinda doubt they would get above 50%, afaik 40% is pretty good for an SMG. 50% isn't bad for something like the carbine, but with the SMG :3
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 07:25AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Can we get some "good" player's accuracies with the SMG? I kinda doubt they would get above 50%, afaik 40% is pretty good for an SMG. 50% isn't bad for something like the carbine, but with the SMG :3
On pubs? 40%ish on good days.
Thanks given by:
I have not watched the demo yet but I will reply here because of the fact I actually have one of the highest spotted accuracies in matches. The accuracy you get with SMG/AR or any other weapon depends on what you're playing. In clan matches, it's usually from 25-35 although some (like me) mostly get close to 40 or above it but in public matches, it's so much easy to get high accuracy even above 50% because of the following facts:

1. In pubs, you can easily accuracy whore or try to get your crosshair on the buddy of target and then start shooting which increases your accuracy but proves nothing about the actual aim.

2. In clan matches, you usually have to rifle jump with or without flag to gain victory which I have rarely seen pub players doing that.

3. The stress and situation in clan matches don't allow you to easily relax and try killing enemies. It even gets worse when you're playing an intense clan match. In pubs, you can relax and enjoy raping newbies.

That's what comes up to my mind for now and I hope if you were clean, you don't get blacklisted and "history doesn't repeat itself" (Referring to my own case)

Edit: OK. I watched demo and I don't believe he was using aimbot. Considering the fact that mines is SMG-favored and using /gamespeed 20 plus other facts like he has above-medium SMG, can be called decent but his aim and SMG is not special at all and seeing that pub players in specific engagements scenes are not dodging bullets and are walking in a straight line or are standing. It's not a hard thing to get such accuracy and stats. In my opinions he was not using aimbot but Jamz is the god here and knows everything very well specially in these cases and he deserves to have the right for final vote. That's what I had to mention after watching demo from my own point of view.
Thanks given by:
I'm not going to waste any more time on this unless someone other than TheR wants clarification on anything I've said. I'm sure he'd like me to give pointers on what gives his aimbot away, since it's in his interests to make it less detectable.
Thanks given by:
This topic makes me laugh, go away miserable hacking scum-bag.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 08:29AM)jamz Wrote: I'm not going to waste any more time on this...

jamz,

Like I previously mentioned, I understand you're a respected member of this community for your work in this field. Therefore it is reasonable to assume that this work requires a noticeable large amount of time to conduct. I have surveyed some of your previous ban accusations and it is easy to see that many were in fact cheating. But for this particular case, you are basing your decision on coincidences, more so than the demo you have provided. If/when you have the time, I highly recommend and plea that you examine the demo once more and provide specific callouts for each suspected case.

Thank You,
Rajan
Thanks given by:
I can't reach a conclusion until I have played you, or seen more demo footage, but I am trusting in Jamz decision because he has showed in the past he is only willing to ban a player when he is 99% sure of his decision
Thanks given by:
thus ^
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 03:28AM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(06 Jun 12, 02:40AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Your elaboration is suspicious, answer me this, if you would:

dammit paul
XD,
TheR, I play SMG; Im not very good, I think I have never gone above 40 % acc... never acc whored though.
Have you got any links or files?
Have you got any tips?
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 01:17PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote:
(06 Jun 12, 03:28AM)MerCyKiL Wrote:

dammit paul
XD,
TheR, I play SMG; Im not very good, I think I have never gone above 40 % acc... never acc whored though.
Have you got any links or files?
Have you got any tips?
Thanks!

All he does is camp health and rarely attempt flag steals
Thanks given by: