Poll: Should IP's be used to catch cheaters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
88.89%
16 88.89%
No
11.11%
2 11.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Disguited Over IP taken by hacker after ban on server.
Hello, yestrday, I was playing assaultcube and got banned from a server, meh, I'll play on another server I'll guess.

Next morning, Banned from 78 servers.

Checked the website that was hosting the server, they had been hacked.

IP stolen, being DDoSed every 3 hours.

Not only is this a breach of privacy, it's disguiting that you would even consider taking such information from me.

An IP shouldn't be used to catch disobedint players.

Having to go to ISP to get IP changed.

Server that had IP info was Server Finland 5 i think...

Sorry about my typos. I'm panicking.
Thanks given by:
Huh what? Could you explain that again, please? But just FYI, you leave your IP on every website you visit.
Thanks given by:
Firstly, what the hell are you talking about?
(30 Mar 12, 11:18PM)[MEW2]GROUDON Wrote: ...yestrday, I ... got banned from a server
Ok, makes sense so far.
Quote:Next morning, Banned from 78 servers.
Unusual, but it can happen to cheats, if widely publicised. There's no blacklist entry for your name or IP though, so that seems unlikely.
Quote:Checked the website that was hosting the server, they had been hacked.
Websites don't host servers. Some server hosts have websites, but the two are not necessarily connected. And how does a website being 'hacked' affect you?
Quote:IP stolen, being DDoSed every 3 hours.
Whose IP? Who's being DDOSed? What does this have to do with being banned from AC servers?
Quote:Not only is this a breach of privacy...
What is?
Quote:...it's disguiting that you would even consider taking such information from me.
What information?
Quote:An IP shouldn't be used to catch disobedint players.
The IP is the only piece of information that server owners can use to ban clients. What else are they supposed to do? Catch up with you in-game and ask you nicely not to play? Come round and unplug your internet connection?
Quote:Having to go to ISP to get IP changed.
You're on a dynamic IP and it seems to change every couple of weeks anyway.
Quote:Server that had IP info was Server Finland 5 i think...
What info? You 'think'...?
Quote:Sorry about my typos. I'm panicking.
Why?

Secondly, what the hell are you talking about?
Thanks given by:
Can I lol?
Thanks given by:
Yes they should. It's the only reliably sound way to catch hackers. It's the entry point to the cyber world. Welcome to the land of ban. Don't worry though we've all been there before... Or at least I have. A ban is a simple matter of shit happens. As long as you ain't a hacking bitch you'll be fine. Odds are your IP, wtvr the fk THAT is, just happens to be in the range of some lunatic cheating bitch. It's how we roll. Just figure that shit out an appeal it to the awesomeness that is jamz and you'll be fine dude.
Thanks given by:
(31 Mar 12, 01:31AM)MorganKell Wrote: ...As long as you ain't a hacking bitch you'll be fine...
Nuff' said.

But i agree with Jamz, the information you have provided is, well, hazy.

As for the vote...
Thanks given by:
What he meant is simple:

"I didn't cheat, it was my brother, I swear. Unban me plz" (to make it short)

-.-'
Thanks given by:
I have no idea what he is talking about but dont be so rude. We dont know if he is a hacker yet.
Thanks given by:
I've been banned before for my brother going on and dropping racist shit on an old TyD server. It is a valid excuse. When I tried to appeal the ban all I got "don't ever let it happen again!!!!" All I could remember thinking was fuck you buddy. Am I supposed to watch over my bro's shoulder when he plays? There is such a thing as family computers... Anyways that was a long time ago. It's over and done with. You just gotta be able to tell the good shimmies from the lying shimmies.
Thanks given by:
unbanned now! =D close this thread plz.
Thanks given by:
So...I'll never find out the answers to my questions?
:(
Thanks given by:
I think [MEW2]GROUDON uses his threads with a one way only communication scheme.
Thanks given by:
DISGUITING
Thanks given by:
Had to have another look at your poll.

[Image: g1hw2is4.42d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 12, 11:19AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: I think [MEW2]GROUDON uses his threads with a one way only communication scheme.

So, your saying using my psychic powers i brainwash you? What a load of trash in that case.
(03 Apr 12, 01:25PM)Fate Wrote: Had to have another look at your poll.

[Image: g1hw2is4.42d.jpg]

Yes, little child.
Thanks given by:
(10 Apr 12, 12:13AM)[MEW2]GROUDON Wrote: Yes, little child.

Ironic, no?

We will forever use I.P's to blacklist players. Why? There is no other logic. Websites all around the world use I.P.s to block/ban people from their services all the time. Oh and your I.P. cannot be taken over, lamest excuse ever (The simple my brother would have worked but all is resolved anyways).

Btw jamz, hes been ignoring you the entire time anyways, can't really expect a reply do you? :P

I kinda drew the line when you started sassing others over your own problem
Thanks given by: