Top 10. The best players in the history of Assault Cube?
(07 Jun 12, 05:24PM)Sepehr Wrote: @MerCyKiL : It's obvious he has not faced any elite player by looking at his list but the topic asks for Top 10 players in the history of AC and therefore I found it funny especially that he's pointing out tops in various fields and naming a clan at the end.

Edit: Maybe it would have been better to point out top 10 players at each category, including each weapon, tactics, movements, etc. while naming 10 players at the end as the overall result.

he doesn't need to have played any "elites" in AC to post here. that's free will, brah. if you find it funny, maybe you've been playing to much and need to focus on something else in life. he has a right to an opinion and he does not need to follow a template as you suggested.

on a side note, i think you're just jealous you're not in his list lol :P
Thanks given by:
On another side note this thread is conducive to players using cheats, if people are to be jealous they're not in someone's list.
Thanks given by:
@Hellspell , :p
Thanks given by:
//Offtopic: Let's get all these arguments and flames out of this thread and just name your top players in your own mind here. I've 1 last thing to say and that is I've not been named by many more 'top' players apart from him and I actually don't give a shit because I know my own level.

Ontopic: Please just name 10/some top players in your own mind and you can give out specific reasons to explain your choice, just like the way I did in my own post. But after all, it's just a suggestion, nothing mandatory :-)
Thanks given by:
I have updated my top 10.

1. =KH=MorganKell
2. A member (past/present) of Australia A
3. A member (past/present) of Australia A
4. A member (past/present) of Australia A
5. A member (past/present) of Australia A
6. A member (past/present) of Australia A
7. A member (past/present) of Australia A
8. A member (past/present) of Australia A
9. A member (past/present) of Australia A
10. [ausD]rauL=KH=
Thanks given by:
-Fin-
Thanks given by:
1.Analpanda

2.Analpanda

3.Analpanda

4.Analpanda

5.Analpanda

6.Analpanda

7.Analpanda

8.Analpanda

9.Analpanda

10.Analpanda
Thanks given by:
for the moment in my opinion:

No order;
vermi
undead
fearles
Jorik
Waffles
Optic(on shine) nigga.
bull3t for teamwork.
kchub when he doesnt lag.
anyone in australia
frenchies
Thanks given by:
I can’t help wondering by what criteria people are judging best by.
I haven’t even heard of many of the players in the nominations above much less seen them play.
Some above fall definitely into the dubious category from what I can recall from the times when this game was concerned about who cheated.
I’m a bit bored, so I’m going to mention a few players from time to time that imo make many of the above look like whinging egotists whose “greatness” largely seems to rest on a few clan match performances. This is going to come as a shock to some perhaps but there is a lot more to being the best player in the history of Assualtcube than knocking up a few scripts and playing clan matches.
First up.

A&D Shadow
Maybe you newcomers don’t remember this guy and doubtless some will say “I could beat him any day”
But, can you play with any weapon?
Can you play any mode?
Can you hold a clan together?
Can you map?
Do you try to defend and encourage new players?
Can you play pubs and not constantly moan and rage quit?
Can you contribute in a knowledgably and intelligent manner on the ac forum?
Do you know what Master Mode was and would anyone let you have it?
Have you ever cheated?
Were you even out of nappies when this game first went public?
Have you ever bothered to try to teach anyone anything apart from how awesome you think you are?

I’m not saying A&D Shadow couldn’t be beaten, But, as an all round player and community contributor he makes most in the lists above look like cardboard cutouts.
Thanks given by:
Thanks tipper for stating your personal reasons. I'm pretty sure they're as welcome as other opinions in this thread.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 12, 11:44PM)Hellspell Wrote: This guy from *BOT* was unbelievable. He had a sixth sense about when people were coming around corners.

Yeah its called a wallhack sense
Thanks given by:
tipper is this going to be like a segment to segment post? Because if so I will definitely tune in! I played in and on the cusp of this great era and love hearing stories about AC's Golden Age and it's badass players.
Thanks given by:
@tipper , I love questions!

No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
Yes. (No)
No.
No, (pure awesomeness btw).
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 12, 08:10PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: A&D Shadow
Maybe you newcomers don’t remember this guy and doubtless some will say “I could beat him any day”
But, can you play with any weapon?
Can you play any mode?
Can you hold a clan together?
Can you map?
Do you try to defend and encourage new players?
Can you play pubs and not constantly moan and rage quit?
Can you contribute in a knowledgeably and intelligent manner on the ac forum?
Do you know what Master Mode was and would anyone let you have it?
Have you ever cheated?
Have you ever bothered to try to teach anyone anything apart from how awesome you think you are?

- yes, shadow cant
- yes, shadow cant
- done it for longer than shadow has been able to
- yes, but this isn't a factor that decides how good a player is
- i'm sure unless they're little children they can fend for themselves.
- yes
- yes, that doesn't mean i want to
- yes i am totally elite
- no
- i started playing when i was 11 years old and now im approaching 17
- on endless occasions, many of the best and not-the-best players you see today i have helped develop.

i'm not stating this to prop myself up, i have proven myself and people know how good i am. what i'm saying is shadow is a has-been and was only one of the (arguably) best at the time because the skill level wasn't as high as it is now. its easy to hang onto nostalgia but you have to realize that players are simply better now. i swear i must be the only "old" player that can see clearly, and this incessantly narrow-minded love for these "great" comets is disgusting.

(11 Jun 12, 08:10PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: But, as an all round player and community contributor he makes most in the lists above look like cardboard cutouts.

no, in fact there is probably like 30+ players playing AC at the moment that make shadow look like a cardboard cutout.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jun 12, 08:29AM)Orynge Wrote: I have updated my top 10.

1. =KH=MorganKell
2. A member (past/present) of Australia A
3. A member (past/present) of Australia A
4. A member (past/present) of Australia A
5. A member (past/present) of Australia A
6. A member (past/present) of Australia A
7. A member (past/present) of Australia A
8. A member (past/present) of Australia A
9. A member (past/present) of Australia A
10. [ausD]rauL=KH=

Top clans nobody knows/knew about, dead or alive:
S4L. Original, none of that soldiers shit.
Xu. Aussie reppin'.
iOD. Bitchin' mad skills.
PB. RR knows whats up.

Edit: Undead may seem like a cunt but he's a real good player. He knows his shit, and I may not get along with him but I will recognise the fact.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 12, 05:37AM)Undead Wrote: - i started playing when i was 11 years old and now im approaching 17
I'm still amused by that fact.

Quote:. what i'm saying is shadow is a has-been and was only one of the (arguably) best at the time because the skill level wasn't as high as it is now. its easy to hang onto nostalgia but you have to realize that players are simply better now.

Nah, i seriously doubt that AC has a higher skill level now. I think the reality is quite opposite.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 12, 06:04AM)DrauL Wrote: Xu. Aussie reppin'.

my brother aint Aussie :P
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 12, 05:37AM)Undead Wrote: - i started playing when i was 11 years old and now im approaching 17

>approaching 17
>birthday is 6 months away
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 12, 10:04PM)Mael Wrote:

>approaching 17
>birthday is 6 months away

lmao undead is 16? sik factz
Thanks given by:
wha? *yawns*
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 12, 05:59PM)Sarath Wrote: Nah, i seriously doubt that AC has a higher skill level now. I think the reality is quite opposite.

consider the following:
you have not improved since 1.0, or gotten any worse. yet you perform worse. why?
Thanks given by:
Undead is actually a true god, and for people saying he doesn't try help other players. AUS A ran around desert3 for 1 hour working shit out.
Thanks given by:
@Undead,

The last time i played ac, i couldn't aim properly but that was not the case in 1.0 and in the beginning of 1.1. Got anything better to prove what you said ?
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 12, 06:06PM)Marti Wrote:
(12 Jun 12, 06:04AM)DrauL Wrote: Xu. Aussie reppin'.

my brother aint Aussie :P

Netherlands. Close enough. ;)
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 12, 05:37AM)Undead Wrote: because the skill level wasn't as high as it is now. its easy to hang onto nostalgia but you have to realize that players are simply better now. i swear i must be the only "old" player that can see clearly, and this incessantly narrow-minded love for these "great" comets is disgusting.

I agree.

I am fed up with people complaining that they will never be as good as they used to be in the "good old days".

Why? Did something happen to your ability to hold your mouse, press buttons on your keyboard or to look at your screen?
The only good reason would be : I do not have much time to play AC and train things that need to be trained regularly like aim or reflexes...

We all have an opinion about our own best level (based on things like accuracy or ability to frag/flag, feelings ...) and that is why we sometimes have the feeling to be worst.
I know that after a break we need some games (few or many depending people) to recover the basic knowledge of the game (visual cues and other gameplay stuff) but if you want you can. There is no fatality. Just train and it will come back. It is not really hard.

On the other hand, you are not worst (maybe a little bit because of your lack of practice), people are going better! More and more players mean more and more competitive players and more and more competitive players mean a highest level.

Btw we can not compare 1.0 (or previous version) with 1.1.0.4. Each version has its best players. I have made a 1.1.0.4 top ten because it is the only AC version I know :p
Thanks given by:
I always play better after long breaks. So expect to get pretty fucked up when I return. The other thing that affect my playing ability is the quality of my beer. If its not the right temperature of fucking awesome we might have a problem.
Thanks given by:
If that's the case we are all fucked, you've been afk for more than a year hehehe
Thanks given by:
I totally agree with undead, and the proof is what did i see in these years...
in 2009 i was a total noob.. i didn't know the maps, how to prefire, how to use sounds.. i just played 6 months another not very similar fps. And AFTER ONLY 3 MONTHS me and Panda beated Sacerok and Zakarius in acqueos RVSF, me and Gib (CMON!) won Undead and another oNe in Depot. At the moment im not even between the best players in this game, even if i can face good enemies if i have decent teammates, but i feel like im incomparably better than in 2009, and i don't feel that my enemies are weaker than me, so i guess that if i improved a lot, then the level of all players is better as well. As Undead can confirm, he himself improved as well and he is better than in 2009.
Other players just seem to be weaker than in the past. i can list DES and TyD members, and others. They didn't lose their skill, but they didn't improve so they are now bad compared to the players like me that trained clan matches in these years.

So, the level of the best old players was lower than the level of the current best players.

I think that the "current" list of the best players is the same of the "alltime" list of best players.

Last but not the list: Undead is a noob now i beat him 30 11 kkkkkkkk

And @Tipper. Actually almost all of the skills you listed are not important skill for a great player:

But, can you play with any weapon? -> most players can, but if someone can play in some awesome way with 1 weapon, he will pwn with that.
Can you play any mode? -> what's the point? 90% of the team games are CTF and 90% of 1v1 are dm? im good in ktf but is not very useful
Can you hold a clan together? -> this is a boss skill, not a great player skill
Can you map? -> lol
Do you try to defend and encourage new players? -> lol
Can you play pubs and not constantly moan and rage quit? -> how can u rage in pubs lol
Can you contribute in a knowledgably and intelligent manner on the ac forum? -> this is a forum user skill
Do you know what Master Mode was and would anyone let you have it? -> wut
Have you ever cheated? -> this is a good or bad quality?
Thanks given by: