About current politics owners servers and developers
I lost what this thread is about.

But to sum it up about the blacklist:
New version or not they will stay banned from my server until i see it fit or i hear from them.
I started out with TyD blacklist as many do but now i run mainly my own.
This i did for the sake of "give a second chance". But i will not give a second chance to repeating hackers and scums.

(Off Topic post? Someone give me warning points.)
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 11, 11:13PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote:
(17 Jun 11, 10:15PM)Cemer Wrote: I believe we should do strikes.

One = a month of ban.
Two = 3 months of ban.
Three = indefinite with/without parole.

We've already tried timed and also graduaded punishments for a while. At the end it doesn't work. It causes a lot more confusion and bureaucracy for the BL maintainer: Not only that he has already to check for new or additional entries, to check logs, screenshots and demos, he has then also to check additionally the number of strikes and when the timed offences are running out . This makes it to a daily job and creates a heavy imbalance: You have all the work, and the offender has had his fun (and you have to take care that he will get his fun back soon).

No Sir - we won't spent our spare free time with only doing the dirty work for the rest. Therefore - if some really regrets and requested a deblacklisting we will discuss it sincerely. And we do cleanups at unregularly intervals. If someone is wrongly banned due a rangeban then he can request a rangeban.

Sorry for agitation, Apollo. It was just an idea. Didn't mean to disturb the peace.

But what do these discussions end up in? The offender won't be paroled?

Lemme know your answer. I'm not trying to be a douche, just wanted to get facts.
Thanks given by:
This thread doesn't have a concise purpose, that's what's lacking.
Thanks given by:
I'm reading this thread and I feel like serial killer ... Nobody said that cheats is ok but guys is only game .. I don't know other game where ban is for life...
Quote:zero tolerance for cheaters

Really ? Now i see zero tolerance but only for ex-cheaters .. Why on tyd blacklist is more excheaters than current cheaters ? is it fair for you ?

Quote:So, we (TyD!) are ruining the game cause we (and others ) have blacklisted you cause you have cheated us with using a bad client? Funny

Of course no.. You ruining this game because on your blacklist is lots of known excheaters which now play fair, lots of good clans etc.
Recently many knows players left ac because of your bl ..

Game without players is not game .. Remember it .. waiting more and on ac stay only TYD and DES and some noobs from headshotcity maps ..

BTW : Where are official apologize to Sepehr and P@nicow ? They were one year on blacklist if they are clean you (tyd) should apologize their ... hmm maybe they aren't 100% clean ?After 1 year you changed your mind it's strange ...

Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 11, 12:14AM)Cemer Wrote: The offender won't be paroled?

Just an example - I was PMed last month by someone who was blacklisted a while. In his letter he took full responsibility for his actions and seemed to regret. He asked me to get released from the BL. He seemed also mature enough to accept that there is the possibility that we give him a no.

I put his PM on our private forum. There we gave our appraisement about the truth content, checked if we've got contrary informations and came to the conclusion to give him a second chance. He got deblacklisted. Then I PMed him:

Quote:I've got good news for you. The clan decided to give you another chance. Feel welcome on our servers again.

Regards
Apollo

and got the answer
Quote:Great !
Thank you very much.

Case closed. No problems after that.

On the other hand it's very easy to say that if someone is coming to our forums and is saying "Hey you assh..s, you have blacklisted me cause I just tried my awesome hacked client. Remove my ban now." (happened also, not with the exact words ofc), that we aren't getting in the mood to remove this guy quite fast.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 11, 12:52AM)Mati Wrote: Why on tyd blacklist is more excheaters than current cheaters ?
Cos there was more cheaters before.
Does the answer your question?
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 11, 01:06AM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote:

Just an example - I was PMed last month by someone who was blacklisted a while. In his letter he took full responsibility for his actions and seemed to regret. He asked me to get released from the BL. He seemed also mature enough to accept that there is the possibility that we give him a no.

I put his PM on our private forum. There we gave our appraisement about the truth content, checked if we've got contrary informations and came to the conclusion to give him a second chance. He got deblacklisted. Then I PMed him:

Quote:I've got good news for you. The clan decided to give you another chance. Feel welcome on our servers again.

Regards
Apollo

and got the answer
Thank you very much.

On the other hand it's very easy to say that if someone is coming to our forums and is saying "Hey you assh..s, you have blacklisted me cause I just tried my awesome hacked client. Remove my ban now." (happened also, not with the exact words ofc), that we aren't getting in the mood to remove this guy quite fast.

* Cemer 's respect for TyD grows to a billion
Thanks given by:
@Mati:

The biggest error in reasoning is that we have an obligation to provide you an access to our server. Nope, like any other server hosting clan we can decide to disallow people to play on our servers when we come to the conclusion that he abused the given privilege. Why and how long someone is banned is something we don't discuss in the public (anymore).

Also we don't have the obligation to inform everyone anytime whether we have added or removed someone from our blacklist. Furthermore we have also no idea who is using a copy of our blacklist and if the copy is uptodate. Doesn't matter anyway, cause every server host who is using a copy is responsible to maintain itself.

Also we don't have the obgligation to monitor permanently all listed users to figure out if they are now clean player (as I already pointed out in another post).

But all of this nearly irrelevant here. Also the reasons why people have been removed in the meantime. The only question you basically want to get answered is "Why am I still on your blacklist?". I can answer only one thing: "Maybe you haven't requested a deban so far" But to be honest, I have currently the feeling, that there is not much regret to find.

Whatever, feel free to make us responsible for 90% of all problems here. This is TyD!-bashing is quite popular.

(wtf I'm doing here and talking with all these naive, moanbags, cheaters, bashers, trolls...)

(18 Jun 11, 01:09AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Cos there was more cheaters before.

And there are still people who have nostalgic feelings about that time, lol.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Just an example - I was PMed last month by someone who was blacklisted a while. In his letter he took full responsibility for his actions and seemed to regret. He asked me to get released from the BL. He seemed also mature enough to accept that there is the possibility that we give him a no.

Quote:
I've got good news for you. The clan decided to give you another chance. Feel welcome on our servers again.

Regards
Apollo

and got the answer

Sorry looks like good joke ...

Where is problem ?
I write one more time :
When i used cheat client one year ago i could played everywhere Now I playing all the time fair , and What ? I banned on half servers..
On this version we have the same problem current cheaters can play everywhere( sometimes are exception).
In my opinon is it totally nonsense ..
So now I should cheat again ? and then you remove me and other players from BL ?

You wasting time for finding logs with ex-cheaters on your servers and at the same time current cheaters running on public servers with speedhack ..

Sorry but i don't understand your politics..
Thanks given by:
i got idea :P, if you will report next cheater you will be unbanned ;) I prefer bloody discussions among cheaters themselves instead of server hoster vs cheater. Cheater is just trash, no sense to read. :)

Thanks given by:
every server owner is responsible of his own bl, ask them or prove them that you diserve a second chance so they lift the ban.

(18 Jun 11, 01:18PM)Mati Wrote: So now I should cheat again ?

yes sure, go ahead
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 11, 01:18PM)Mati Wrote: You wasting time...

Exactly, I'm wasting my time here in this thread.
Thanks given by:
Cheaters are crap, they ruins the game and many times they prevent other cheat-free players to play the game because they see there is no point of playing a cheated game (check Battlefield 2 or some MMO shooters).

You - Mati - and others cheaters, should be happy enough to see that there are still people that will unban you and even recruit you on their roster. Maybe it's caused by the game population or a fault of personality on the community to give a strong answer to cheaters, but in most community games if you have cheated you are not welcomed anymore.

Personally, I would not even let play cheaters from others games because no one needs them at all. There are plenty of games to play, why still crying for this one? (you and any other) And please, don't recall on your feelings about the game and the much you love it, because cheaters loose that option.

GGz!
Thanks given by:
yes, cheating and then whining about it will get you unbanned.

Sorry looks like good joke ...
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 11, 01:18PM)Mati Wrote: When i used cheat client one year ago i could played everywhere Now I playing all the time fair , and What ? I banned on half servers..

i used no cheats and got central blacklisted. you got off lucky.
Thanks given by:
true you didn't cheat, carlglass, but unacceptable behavior can get it too.
Thanks given by:
They didn't have the cbl back in 1.04, so he couldn't have been cbl'ed.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 11, 05:14PM)Undead Wrote:
(18 Jun 11, 01:18PM)Mati Wrote: When i used cheat client one year ago i could played everywhere Now I playing all the time fair , and What ? I banned on half servers..

i used no cheats and got central blacklisted. you got off lucky.

I was blacklisted before I even started playing, now that's unlucky.
Thanks given by:
see, now thats unlucky
Thanks given by:
And judges who? © Griboyedov

This discussion is one of many and it will not end.
If somebody think that they are making "system" and their politic, rules is correct - i can just clap !

All it is very similar to a totalitarian ( wiki ) system with diffident people at the head.

Yes, he cheated and he was banned. One year remain.

Much that can tell, but so it is all has bothered. People rested as rams and, probably, something offended. Half of problems really not in those who cheated seems to me - its in those who a year later has not forgotten it !

Vlad

Thanks given by:
well, see, servers owners are the police, the judge, and jury. If you feel otherwise, feel free to cough up hundreds of dollars to support these SERVICES. Then you might get a say.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 11, 10:09PM)MCS Wrote: well, see, servers owners are the police, the judge, and jury. If you feel otherwise, feel free to cough up hundreds of dollars to support these SERVICES. Then you might get a say.

In the citation a question is - are judges worthy ?

To make the server this is one thing, but decide who can play and who no, who will be ban and who will be unban, on whom to hang up a label - its other thing.
Here you cant use manual from dev and you cant pay to hosting to solve this problem. All responsibility false on you. And here again we come back in other part of my post which probably have not read (after ©)

Small tyrants :D Look at sports : sportsmen who used a dope are fined and supposed to competitions after a certain period. But here you think hacks its much serious crime ?!
Also im sure there are personal reason... Possibly, you has offended, when you officially lost matches in TyD league , and it has appeared that it was Cheaters.
Yes, everything begun from TyD league.

You should concern easier to life and game. Make clean period of ban.

ps: i hosted servers and i will do it again, if i will need it ;)

Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 09:18AM)Vlad Wrote:
(18 Jun 11, 10:09PM)MCS Wrote: well, see, servers owners are the police, the judge, and jury. If you feel otherwise, feel free to cough up hundreds of dollars to support these SERVICES. Then you might get a say.
To make the server this is one thing, but decide who can play and who no, who will be ban and who will be unban, on whom to hang up a label - its other thing.
How? It's their server? Why shouldn't they ban who they want from it?
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 09:32AM)Hellspell Wrote: How? It's their server? Why shouldn't they ban who they want from it?
read again what i wrote and estimate nubmer of servers that using thier bl.
Question in responsibility and system - It simply is not present.

Thanks given by:
one blacklist, all servers, moderate it well
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 09:50AM)Vlad Wrote:
(19 Jun 11, 09:32AM)Hellspell Wrote: How? It's their server? Why shouldn't they ban who they want from it?
read again what i wrote and estimate nubmer of servers that using thier bl.

Im guessing something was lost in translation
Thanks given by:
Loosing matches in a public league has nothing to do with this. Don't mix up two different things. And since you're interested, we didn't loose matches against the teams that was removed we lost in the first knock-out round. Please read a bit more information before you make rash statements: http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Tear_...Tournament

It's our property, so unless you're willing to pay for my server 149.00 € with monthly 69.00 € I suggest you stop being a smart ass.

(19 Jun 11, 09:18AM)Vlad Wrote:

In the citation a question is - are judges worthy ?

Here you cant use manual from dev and you cant pay to hosting to solve this problem. All responsibility false on you. And here again we come back in other part of my post which probably have not read (after ©)

Small tyrants :D Look at sports : sportsmen who used a dope are fined and supposed to competitions after a certain period. But here you think hacks its much serious crime ?!
Also im sure there are personal reason... Possibly, you has offended, when you officially lost matches in TyD league , and it has appeared that it was Cheaters.
Yes, everything begun from TyD league.

You should concern easier to life and game. Make clean period of ban.

ps: i hosted servers and i will do it again, if i will need it ;)

(19 Jun 11, 09:50AM)Vlad Wrote: read again what i wrote and estimate nubmer of servers that using thier bl.

Please re-read this point, as stated in TERMS OF SERVICE:
Quote:With downloading and installing this blacklist on the user's server this blacklist the user agrees that the blacklist has been created in the light of Tear you Down!'s server policy as amended from time to time. With installing the blackist on the user's server the blacklist becomes his property and part of his responsibilities as server host. Tear you Down! is not responsible for any bans caused by a blacklist on servers which aren't hosted and maintained by Tear you Down!
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 11, 01:06AM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote:

Regards
Apollo

and got the answer
Thank you very much.

I dont think so? I write to pwnage and jamz and what?do not have vocabulary posted such warm as you write some here, I learned from, ban ban for the year had not the whole life, where you are your rules you can bend them and others? years have long passed by, the past is the past, give yourself peace of this already

Where are official apologize to Sepehr and P@nicow? yes where i dt see any

I do not understand your course of thinking, what servers you iwydawanie money since none of them plays. czsy remember when they were all filled up and now what? one or two. other servers pulled the ladder so your teeth propel people to play them, see who's playing at the statistics on your servers? u see only DES and TyD players, because the ban gets a whole clan,
Thanks given by:
So the other 40 000 registered nicknames on the ladder is just an illusion to you?

Only TyD and DES?
http://ladder.tearyoudown.com/clanwar/totals.cgi

Please read before the next post.

Thanks given by:
@|BME|m@C: yeah right, and trolling the server owner will sure make him deban you...
Thanks given by: