1.1.0.4 release
i dont know who made this maybe v-man with his many scripts lol but i dont know who exactly but this is a great script it uses the arrow keys, and works great. Also i dont see why this isnt part of the initial AC in the first place

alias gamespeed_echo [ echo (concatword "gamespeed is now " $gamespeed) ]
alias gamespeed_mulf [ gamespeed (*f $gamespeed $arg1); gamespeed_echo ]
bind KP6 [ if (watchingdemo) [gamespeed_mulf 1.25] [right] ]
bind KP4 [ if (watchingdemo) [gamespeed_mulf 0.75] [left] ]
bind KP8 [ if (watchingdemo) [gamespeed 100; gamespeed_echo] [forward] ]
bind KP2 [ if (watchingdemo) [gamespeed 10; gamespeed_echo] [backward] ]
bind KP0 [ if (watchingdemo) [tmp = $gamespeed; gamespeed 300; onrelease [gamespeed $tmp]] [weapon 4 1] ]
bind RSHIFT [ if (watchingdemo) [tmp = $gamespeed; tmp1 = $soundvol; soundvol 0; gamespeed 1000; onrelease

[gamespeed $tmp; soundvol $tmp1; ]] [ ] ]
Thanks given by:
That is GeneralDisarray's script, or possibly a variant. Agree'd it is very nice and could possibly be used on some default keys in AC. :)

I should add that sound muting feature during the fast-forward. Meh, do it later. :P
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 10, 06:29PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: ...I've not heard any indication that the devs intend to implement a demo rewind feature.
On the contrary, I remember a specific request from flowtron for someone to step up to the plate and bash one out, if you'll excuse the crudely mixed metaphor.

Thanks given by:
*cough* do some real programming GD and V-Man *cough*
Thanks given by:
Why wouldnt they add this script, there cant be a good reason for not adding it, if there is i wanna know. Its a nice script and a nice feature. Ac is open source, hmm why not use the AC communities SCRIPTS, that people contribute.

The scripts below are very helpful and make mapping quicker.

altho the Entity Property Editing Script uses the arrow keys the same as the fast/slow demo script ut you can always bind the demo or the Entity script with the arrow keys on the side number pad.

Other scripts that should be added are:

1)
original post:
http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8

2)
original post:
http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=233

paste in :AssaultCube/configs/autoexec.cfg - file and save.

// Entity Property Editing Script
alias check_entprop 0
alias toggle_up_entprop [
if ( = ( $check_entprop ) 0 ) [ ( alias check_entprop 1 ) ( echo - now attaching entprop 1 ) ] [ if ( = ( $check_entprop ) 1 ) [ ( alias check_entprop 2 ) ( echo - now attaching entprop 2 ) ] [ if ( = ( $check_entprop ) 2 ) [ ( alias check_entprop 3 ) ( echo - now attaching entprop 3 ) ] [ ( alias check_entprop 0 ) ( echo - now attaching entprop 0 ) ] ] ]
]
alias toggle_down_entprop [
if ( = ( $check_entprop ) 0 ) [ ( alias check_entprop 3 ) ( echo - now attaching entprop 3 ) ] [ if ( = ( $check_entprop ) 3 ) [ ( alias check_entprop 2 ) ( echo - now attaching entprop 2 ) ] [ if ( = ( $check_entprop ) 2 ) [ ( alias check_entprop 1 ) ( echo - now attaching entprop 1 ) ] [ ( alias check_entprop 0 ) ( echo - now attaching entprop 0 ) ] ] ]
]

bind UP toggle_up_entprop
bind DOWN toggle_down_entprop
bind RIGHT [ entproperty $check_entprop +1 ]
bind LEFT [ entproperty $check_entprop -1 ]

Thanks given by:
I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but the url protocol does not work on linux? Or is it just me not realising I have to do something for it to work.
Thanks given by:
castiel: only works on windows atm
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 10, 04:36AM)Gibstick Wrote: *cough* do some real programming GD and V-Man *cough*

;_; Too many scripts that need to be written!
Contributing to the code is on my list, just not near the top. XD
Thanks given by:
Does this version have that weapon balance change, or is there a thread about current SVN version? ( the one with weapon balance thingy )

thx
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1461-page-10.html
Thanks given by:
hmm so finaly less shotgun noobers in the next version? i might start playing again :)
now could anyone explain me what the issue with gema is?
Thanks given by:
RE: Joe Smith
I can't keep track of all the scripts out there, much less give them a test-drive until I can form my own personal opinion about them .. and let's not forget that part of the fun of CubeScript is supposed to be that people can have their own stuff. But I agree, good scripts should become part of the official package. Just keep me informed of the successful ones - I tend to only skim the ones I get to see first-time - it's a good bet that a long-time script will make it in more easily than a 1-day-old one .. but it's no iron-clad rule, not by far.

Regarding that script you posted above - it's below par in my book! Just look at all the useless IF-splits and code-redundancy .. asking 4 times if VALUE equals 1,2,3 or 4 is just stupid (sorry!) - if you want to output the proper string just say [ echo now accessing (concatword $VALUE "-option") ] .. I didn't really dig into the specifics of those scripts above though .. since editing entity properties is already as easy as pie; if you're doing "obscure" stuff with your scripts, best tell people up-front what and why .. you can't expect everybody (not even me (heh)) to grok your code - too many "loonies" out there posting whatever, if I kept trying to read and grok and reply to each and every one of them I'd never get to coding again; I get to it seldom enough as it is.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 11, 10:11PM)flowtron Wrote: RE: Joe Smith
I can't keep track of all the scripts out there, much less give them a test-drive until I can form my own personal opinion about them .. and let's not forget that part of the fun of CubeScript is supposed to be that people can have their own stuff. But I agree, good scripts should become part of the official package. Just keep me informed of the successful ones - I tend to only skim the ones I get to see first-time - it's a good bet that a long-time script will make it in more easily than a 1-day-old one .. but it's no iron-clad rule, not by far.

Regarding that script you posted above - it's below par in my book! Just look at all the useless IF-splits and code-redundancy .. asking 4 times if VALUE equals 1,2,3 or 4 is just stupid (sorry!) - if you want to output the proper string just say [ echo now accessing (concatword $VALUE "-option") ] .. I didn't really dig into the specifics of those scripts above though .. since editing entity properties is already as easy as pie; if you're doing "obscure" stuff with your scripts, best tell people up-front what and why .. you can't expect everybody (not even me (heh)) to grok your code - too many "loonies" out there posting whatever, if I kept trying to read and grok and reply to each and every one of them I'd never get to coding again; I get to it seldom enough as it is.

Well first im glad that you acknowledge that their are nice scripts out there and could possibly be used in the game. Also i understand part of ac is being able to make your own stuff, which it is, but as you said, and i agree that the most useful and successful ones should/could be put in the game.

Second i dont know how to wright code like that, and since i dont know how to compact code to make it nicer or cleaner, if it works im fine with it. :)

"useless IF-splits and code-redundancy .. asking 4 times if VALUE equals 1,2,3 or 4 is just stupid (sorry!) - if you want to output the proper string just say [ echo now accessing (concatword $VALUE "-option""

^^ have no idea what that means, if i did research i could find out, all i know is how to tweak the minor things.

Also that code above is not mine. i think i might have said that, not sure.

But thanks for a reply.
Thanks given by:
can someone help me? i have problemes with the new patch.. it doenst work. any help?
Thanks given by:
Hva mener du?
Just download the full version from AssaultCube - Download it!
Thanks given by:
nothing happends... there is nothing new when i download it :/
Thanks given by:
What version are you on?
Go in-game and type /version
The 1.1.0.4 version on the download page is not a patch but the full version of the newest version.
Thanks given by:
the 1.1.0.4 version. but still dont get those other looking snipers
Thanks given by:
Can you tell us whats not working?
What you are trying to do?
What your operating system is?

Im sorry, maybe its to early for me atm, but i dont understand what the problem is...
Thanks given by:
ain`t you soupose to get new sniper skin or something with the new version?
Thanks given by:
Aha, you need to download some new skins if you wanna change that.
Its some place in the Mapping and Modding forum part.
Thanks given by:
all links there are either closed down or there isn`t a link at all -.-
Thanks given by:
http://www.akimbo.in is down (at least for now).
http://quadropolis.us/ may have some skins.

But if you see something you like and the link isnt working try asking for it.
Somebody may have it and can upload it somewhere else for you.
Thanks given by:
are all of them for assaultcube or are there some other games?
Thanks given by:
quadropolis is for cube, assault cube and sauerbraten but you'll mainly find sauer stuff on there
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 10, 06:34AM)Joe Smith Wrote: Why wouldnt they add this script, [...]

// Entity Property Editing Script
[...]

This has been added during 1.1 already and works a lot smoother then the version you've got there.

Ever tried pressing 1,2,3 or 4 and scrolled while being in edit mode? ;)

Thanks given by:
can someone her give me a direct link to an download for snipers and sniper skins? pls.. just a link so i can download it fast
Thanks given by:
trickshots: http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi.../?view=tar
Thanks given by: