about AC
hi everyone,
yes i still there (not happy? :D )
I am not there to speak about my ban, i will ignore every post about me if some peoples (who tell noob?) attack me.

I am there about something more important than my case.

Some AC player probably know that there is 2 versions, i want to speak about that:
in fact, i am really shocked than after some days, 2 AC exist. * I AM NOT telling to stop AC 1.0*
but, when i see a record of players on hi skill server yesterday, and saw than sauerbraten is more active than ac 1.1. So some peoples, devs first, could ask themselves if there is not a problem.

Some peoples probably think that in 1 month, it will be like players did from ac 0.93 to 1.0

In fact, it's too much different:
from ac 0.93 to ac 1.0, (it's may an error by me, but i thought it should already had something like an anticheat, because stuff aren't on client, but on server, or whatever)
so, from 0.93 to 1.0, every weapon get harder, and except the fact that the sniper's switch get kicked, and the ratio get added, and the "scoreboard" get changed (with 3 aren't really good stuff, because it changed *too much* from other version), the game was more harder, so people could progress. About AC 1.1, it could be like an AC 0.95.. the new weapon is so easy to get skilled almost perfectly, some newb will use it (because a newb like to think to be good after only 2 minutes on game), because it's REALLY easy to use, and people can't really progress. The recoil with the smg is down, wtf! Again, it's more easy to use.. about AR and sniper, i am not sad to them, because the AR sound nice (like people told me), and because the sniper is even harder, so it's nice. The shotgun is a bullshit, why a weapon with a crosshair could fucking gib. Another stuff, a really big bullshit, the nade. 1 nade, because a noob do some spam with nades on 1.0, and an uber noob cry about that, it goes down to only 1 nade.. What about gibs: (thanks god, not yet, headshots count for 2), but this, is really bad imo. This is, like if we play another game, not ac..
I think:
AC need more velocity, yes, it's too slow ffs!
It need to get harder weapon, i saw people on ql, or sauer, they are amazing. In fact, we suck (yes, WE, all AC): [check some ql games (-> youtube), and after see my demo, and tell me that human can't do what i did, some ql / sauer / and some other players to other game could do that with their foot..]
An AC player is a noob, it's a fact, because to be good at this game, it's really not hard, ac skills is really low, if we could make AC harder, it would be great.
My idea of ac: more velocity, weapon more harder, keep nade like 1.0 (and do it harder to use), stop score stuff (score in 1.1 or ratio in 1.0), and for me, just don't write who scored flag, but just put a flag for the team.

that's my point of view, it will probably won't be respected (i am almost sure, but if no one speak, it won't progress).
But, if we see what is happening in assault cube those days, devs, you could may think, and tell that there is a real problems.

i agree every point of view opposite to me if they are not arrogant, or don't do a flamewar.

i could answer to every question.

LiFe.

PS: that's of course my point of view.
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 10:01PM)LiFe. Wrote: The shotgun is a bullshit, why a weapon with a crosshair could fucking gib.

This is PURELY COSMETIC.
Thanks given by:
I must agree about the shotgun.... It's a bit annoying getting a gib with it, it's more confusing, at least for me :S
Thanks given by:
Shotgun doesn't gib, it splatters.
Thanks given by:
This game does come from a Quake background, where many weapons gib. I enjoyed this new addition of a splattering shotgun, and I feel like splattering some people right now if my computer wasn't suffering from "shut down randomly when doing fun stuff" syndrome.
Thanks given by:
A good point of view. I agree with the thing that AC is *slow* when compared to other games. But i think it is the nature of AC. There are many *fast* games out there, and AC is an exception to that by being a relatively *slow* one. So, it is a matter of personal choice: *slow* or *fast*. And, in my opinion of course, changing to a *faster* game play will change the entire game, change it in a much greater way than the way it changed from 1.0 to 1.1. Also, i cannot agree with your statement that every noob can become a pro on AC. If this was true, there would be pro's all over the place. But this is not the case. Those who have been long enough in AC know how to appreciate a player's skills.

And i hope that this topic will be a good answer for those who still don't get the point of those who still prefer to play 1.0 (please don't start a flamewar on this, we already have a topic HERE and HERE)

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
I like the boomstick. I dont find myself dying from it as much as the smg right now...
Thanks given by:
Simple solution :: .93 FTW

Current solution :: 2 nades per pickup, and SMG with actual power. 1.1 seems to dumbed down, no offense. It's movements are also way slower than what I am used to in AC. That only cheapens things. Is there anything that can be done to possibly tweak this?
Thanks given by:
I don't get what everyone is saying about slower movement Ü_Ü they never changed that, and plus you have edge jumping now!
Thanks given by:
I agree with the slow-paced part, though. 1.1 feels very... sticky and awkward. I went to play 1.04 after a week or so of 1.1, and...

I liked it better.

[WARNING: nostalgic wide-open throttle ahead]

Once upon a time I went looking for a game that my then-crap laptop could handle, and came across AssaultCube. I was looking for a single-player game, and the bots were good fun for an hour or so, but then I got bored of everyone being glued to each other in their own base, and decided to venture on-line. Dust2 was booming, 24/7 20-slot bs_dust2 were abundant, but I had fun. Lots of fun.

And no, I've never played CS:S. I had never played dust2 before, in any game.

But the fun had nothing to do with the map, but rather, the gameplay. It was fast, dangerous, deadly. That's what I liked about it. And only when I played 1.04, I sorta realised it...
Thanks given by:
You guys should think about the n00bs as I am one. I enjoy getting that lucky kill on some extremely talented player. Then hit the "T" key and saying " What no nice shot?? ;)" And moving on with our n00b lives. Tbh I see no BIG difference in the SMG, they lowered the recoil somewhat. Tbh, I enjoy 1.1 much more then I ever enjoyed 1.0.

All in all, Shotgun n00b FTW.
Thanks given by:
More SMG recoil than before with same power as before :]
Sniper is at a good level right now
AR is at a good level right now
Shotty = OVERPOWERED. Two shot kill at medium range that requires little aim. :[
Carbine = Perfect. Hard to master. Accuracy counts
Thanks given by:
1 nade really kills shit. I find myself stretching for that extra nade and going BOOM. Plus... PLUS my nade kills don't count for anything anymore. It's like why try and get good at nades, a perfectly suitable vocation btw, when I can use any other weapon and get the same count. It's like WTF. You might as well take nades out if this is the kind of stats they're going to get. It's a freaking ball of BOOM. A grenade! It should demand at least 2 points per a gib out of respect alone. The hell whether or not newb pros can't handle it.

You all knew that I'd get around to ranting about the grenades sooner or later, don't think you didn't, I've put up with the 1 nade and 1 point shit as long as I can, and it's now getting ridiculous. 2 points and 2 nades per pickup! Give shimmies who love their Big Balls of Justice the chance to pack some heat!!
Thanks given by:
Nades are now actually a secondary weapon, not a primary like it used to be. I gibbed my fair share of players, these nades are different but good and more practical. I'll admit I have been getting killed more from the shotgun, more people using it now which is nice.
Thanks given by:
Nades, IMO, is one of the things that makes the new AC slower... it was a hectic dance to avoid nades, get them yourself and then fire away. Even though the spamming sometimes pissed me off, IMO having essentially running, jumping artillery in the game and the resulting extra deadliness contributed greatly to the fast-paced or whatever-I-like-about-it feel of 1.04.

Now it's just straight gunfire all the time... I get almost bored sometimes.
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 10, 06:01AM)JMM Wrote: Nades, IMO, is one of the things that makes the new AC slower... it was a hectic dance to avoid nades, get them yourself and then fire away. Even though the spamming sometimes pissed me off, IMO having essentially running, jumping artillery in the game and the resulting extra deadliness contributed greatly to the fast-paced or whatever-I-like-about-it feel of 1.04.

don't forget that it isn't as necessary to avoid most gunfire as the guns are quite a bit weaker and the armour is still overpowered (even though the devs are saying that they are changing it)
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 10:09PM)Dreamer Wrote:
(20 Sep 10, 10:01PM)LiFe. Wrote: The shotgun is a bullshit, why a weapon with a crosshair could fucking gib.

This is PURELY COSMETIC.
oh i thought we had more chance in ac 1.0 when we had arrmor, and when a shotgun shot near of me.

(20 Sep 10, 11:07PM)P@ndel Wrote: A good point of view. I agree with the thing that AC is *slow* when compared to other games. But i think it is the nature of AC. There are many *fast* games out there, and AC is an exception to that by being a relatively *slow* one. So, it is a matter of personal choice: *slow* or *fast*. And, in my opinion of course, changing to a *faster* game play will change the entire game, change it in a much greater way than the way it changed from 1.0 to 1.1. Also, i cannot agree with your statement that every noob can become a pro on AC. If this was true, there would be pro's all over the place. But this is not the case. Those who have been long enough in AC know how to appreciate a player's skills.

hum, you aren't totally wrong, about the fact slow / fast. i don't want that ac become a fast game, just a bit more, for do a game more harder.
about noob which they can be pro, some peoples could do i would like to say the half of ac; i am sure :)

(21 Sep 10, 02:44AM)Ghost Wrote: You guys should think about the n00bs as I am one. I enjoy getting that lucky kill on some extremely talented player. Then hit the "T" key and saying " What no nice shot?? ;)" And moving on with our n00b lives. Tbh I see no BIG difference in the SMG, they lowered the recoil somewhat. Tbh, I enjoy 1.1 much more then I ever enjoyed 1.0.

All in all, Shotgun n00b FTW.

Some stuff came in my head, but i will try to stay polite..
Well, you are telling me that a easy game is nice because you could have luck, and kill a good player (which he probably killed 3 players before be in duel with you)
so you want to stay a noob all your life? and hope that you will be a bit lucky for have 1.1 or 1.2 of ratio? and bad day to have 0.8? whiy then don't start AC like a lottery game?...
Seriously, when you will get skilled (you won't with this mentality) you will enjoy more

(21 Sep 10, 06:01AM)JMM Wrote: Nades, IMO, is one of the things that makes the new AC slower... it was a hectic dance to avoid nades, get them yourself and then fire away. Even though the spamming sometimes pissed me off, IMO having essentially running, jumping artillery in the game and the resulting extra deadliness contributed greatly to the fast-paced or whatever-I-like-about-it feel of 1.04.

good post, i totally agree. Even if it would be nice if ac would me more speed, for try to move more and escape to gunfire :)
Thanks given by:
i'm pretty sure fixing the hitbox made the sniper less "overpowered", because now noobs cant entrance camp on depot as easy :>.

with nades, i still think they should be 2 points but with the current system.
shotgun is rlly lololol
Thanks given by:
Dear Life

I agree more point of your opinion about this new AC version, and also for me have no sense have the gib from the shotgun, conside Life that I'm shotgun lover, about the nades I prefer the new situation.
I can't understand what is the better carabine action, but sure is my limit.
About noob guns and elite guns, I think is hard have the perfect balance, or are happy the mormal players or are happy the elite players, not so easy.
About if one want standing noob for all the game, if they not find satisfaction is not easy to try different way, if your ratio is 0.0, I think you not play happy.
Ok Life more players want find hard way for have the same result, sniper + knife, because we speack about this combo, and sure you can find more satisfaction in game, but is one personal solution, we are different Life, we aren't all the same.

Bexalb
Thanks given by:
Bexlab, you say it is a *personal solution*, but it is actually the way the game is (or, was). And this, one of the core elements of the game, was taken away in 1.1 version. I believe that pretty much everyone was satisfied with the weapon balance in 1.0, and you might understand why there is so much fuss about the new 1.1 version.

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Actual this is the way, correct, but only the best gamers can change this way, day by day, game by game, after also one noob like me can change game approach.
If the best gamers not play is hard to change this way my friend.

Bex
Thanks given by:
this is a fast paced game, fast than many others and sometimes that play against.

basically i figure myself at the start of 1.1 release something that doesnt fit for me. is the amount of time you spend to make a kill. plus the speed of player in that lapse.

i dont manage the numbers and barely i do right now, but was suposed in past the smg/ar had an average of 400-500 ms per kill, correct me if i am wrong. and on 1.1 those values just changed for a balance. i guess that went correctly but being in a step back behind the armor, being that more relevant than before and also changing the amount needed to make a kill wearing it.

long time ago, i've just made a test with this values on klevar. the difference on 25-50 was unnoticed. on 1.0.4 smg went about 7-8 shoots per kill (8 with klevar 50/100) on 1.1 with smg is about 11 shoots for 100/100 considering time betwen shoot actually is 80 ms, so smg in time to kill is 480 more or less. 480 plus the 80 ms between the 4 shoots that you need if there's a klevar. so that's 800 ms. i dont remember well how many shoots you need on 1.0.4 for AR but on 1.1 you need 5 shoots per kill, and 7 if there's a klevar. time between shoots for AR is 120 ms (i assume in 1.0.4 this was a bigger difference, you can point it out if you know). now 120 ms for the 2 shoots you need with the klevar. that makes 720 ms.

in sort of way the balance exist betwen guns and improved for AR giving less ms . but there's more ms than before anyway, that in 1.0.4 shouldnt get over 620 ms. being a reason for me that the klevar values were reduced a bit

and ie sometimes you find yourself using the whole mag in one target 100/100 and the speed wouldn't help cause you waste yourself on it. something that could also feel people slower cause you wont rush for the map so quick killing any opponent so fast as before. and try the example against 2 people, the klevar can appear or not. but if you lose you ammo way to fast this could be a reason too.

so if there's a slow term about 1.1 is possibly meant to the gun speed.

i dont think adding more speed at game would help, i bet that could just make it worst for sniper players. assume the sniper could be fast and shoot with his 1500 ms time per shoot + the 160 ms shoots needing more than just a couple of shoots against a klevar. being faster can give chances to sniper to run away, but aswell he runs fast all will do so, plus it could make harder the accuracy on players that use snipers too. so less speed wouldnt harm but could give chance for more precission if is needed. but the default speed runs fine for any sensers too.

about sauer i just can say is way too different for me in comparison to AC, not just cause the modes and weapons, also the speed itself works in such a way you can handle even if you are a starter, the maps are bigger and sometimes inmense, insta ctf wouldnt make me notice of my lack of aim in fast players cause just a hit is enough to take down an opponent tough.

another thing that wouldnt make me wish AC being faster is the fact the maps are quite most designed on small sizes for safe wqd reasons plus the fps drops. there's less room for a sniper to fail in this situation, so something that could make feel there's not much difference between it is just less speed instead.

k was decided to drop 2 words but just happened.
Thanks given by:
This game is much more fast paced than other shooting games.
Thanks given by:
lol. LiFe you must understand here. Ownage isn't 100% skill. Its atleast 10% luck sometimes. You see these people pulling off a falling headshot. You cant say that was all skill. That was atleast 10% luck. So yes LiFe to humor you yes. I will stay n00b all my AC life. n00b and proud.
Thanks given by:
The change from 0.93 to 1.0 are alot like 1.0 to 1.1. Only two major problems in each, a weapon problem and a server side problem.

When moving to 1.0 people found the smg had heaps of recoil compared to 0.93 and complained. Later a dev (i cant remember who) said sorry and that they shouldn't of changed the smg recoil so suddenly. Then came 1.1 changed how almost every weapon worked. I would have thought they had learnt from their mistakes, but obviously not.

On the server side 1.0.0-1.0.1 had a bug where you would randomly disconnect, this was later fixed for 1.0.2. in 1.1.0.0+ there is a bug that gets laggers confused with speed hackers and bans them. This needs to be fixed quickly, alot of people aren't playing because of this.

These are my opinions on the changes.
XFA
Thanks given by:
(20 Sep 10, 10:01PM)LiFe. Wrote: I think:
AC need more velocity, yes, it's too slow ffs!
It need to get harder weapon, i saw people on ql, or sauer, they are amazing. In fact, we suck (yes, WE, all AC): [check some ql games (-> youtube), and after see my demo, and tell me that human can't do what i did, some ql / sauer / and some other players to other game could do that with their foot..]

* PrimeviL agree
Thanks given by:
This is what i have realized in 1.1 shotgun+100 armor= me dying. for example, I will be playing on depot with my sniper, I have just spawned in the RVSF base and i see someone running down the long hallway area to the right of the base. i shoot him with the sniper and take out my pistol and start shooting at him, i hit him with around 3 pistol shots and because of his armor he doesn't die. By the time i switch back to my sniper and/or reload my pistol, he will have already 'splattered' me with his shotgun. I find this rather annoying
I find that for me I would rather go sit on my bed and read a book than play 1.1 and thats not how it was with 1.0. Playing 1.1 is like a chore, i don't want to do it and i don't enjoy myself while doing it.
Thanks given by:
What really pisses me about shotgun is that it can one shot you in 1.1 when you have full hp and its not right in your face, like 3 cubes away from you. Bullshits. I tried using a shotgun and the ease at which I killed people was unbeleivable -.-
Thanks given by:
(23 Sep 10, 11:41PM)Acropolips Wrote: What really pisses me about shotgun is that it can one shot you in 1.1 when you have full hp and its not right in your face, like 3 cubes away from you. Bullshits. I tried using a shotgun and the ease at which I killed people was unbeleivable -.-

+1

Shotgun has really become much more annoying (and not only at the corners, as it is in 1.0) in 1.1 version. And most of the new players prefer to use the shotgun with its gib ability, and it takes the fun out of the game :(

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
They could of camped you around a corner in 1.0.4 and fragged you anyways. It is still the same amount of kills, I don't understand what the big fuss is about over this strictly cosmetic effect.

You are dead either way, whether or not your body is still in-tact or blown to bits, seems like it *shouldn't* matter at all. But I guess some people just need things to bitch about. :D

Yes, the shotgun *may* be overpowered in 1.1, damage-wise, but ffs it's not the gib animation that is causing the problems...

People say that they won't play 1.1 because the shotgun can gib - A. It doesn't gib, it splatters, still only worth 1 kill. B. That is one of the pettiest excuses for not supporting a new version of a game that I've probably ever heard...
Thanks given by: