Finally GEMA is removed.
I'm happy that devs finally removed GEMA from AssaultCube. It should have been done many year ago. This alternative game mode does not fit in this game. GEMA players have never showed respect or cared for this game.
Thanks given by: 610|Zac
[Image: lN3FZuE.gif]
Thanks given by:
They cared about the game by playing it, even if the way they chose to do so was different from yours. I never enjoyed gema much personally, but it is still sad if the devs really have removed it.
Thanks given by: MorganKell , CharlyMurphie , vector , mhsaleh
I heard one dev was always ready to ban all gema servers when the mode will get popular lol. Seems like % of gema players in compare to shooter players became too damn high.

Tbh I'm not surprised that u are happy Exo, still hurts to lose against gema players in ur mode? ^_^
Thanks given by: |HP|
Oh man, finally. I always hated it that there were people enjoying this game in a way so different from mine. Hope they remove all modes other than CTF soon. And also all non-standard maps. of course, screw those minecraft-camper noobs.
Thanks given by: Delacroix
Now ac will be revived. 
Gema was the biggest obstacle preventing this game from achieving glorious levels of success.

Millions of players left the game because they just couldnt skip a few available gema servers and had to try a few maps only to fail miserably.
Thanks given by: gy_be , samsattF , mhsaleh
"Gema" was not removed. AFAIK only one server, "Gema central", was removed from the masterserver list - and if the owner told you, it was "because of gema", he is a damn liar.

btw, if the server is still running, you can always connect manually - or add it to your "personalserverlist", as usual.
Thanks given by: MorganKell , Bukz This user is a dev/forum admin
Man, fake news everywhere. Close this thread plz.
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 17, 05:12AM)sukablya Wrote: I heard one dev was always ready to ban all gema servers when the mode will get popular lol.

Are you sure this certain dev (****) was not being ironic?

(28 Feb 17, 12:12PM)stef Wrote: "Gema" was not removed. AFAIK only one server, "Gema central", was removed from the masterserver list - and if the owner told you, it was "because of gema", he is a damn liar.

I know the GEMA community like to feel sorry for themself and yell about everything but at the moment there is no GEMA server on the masterserver list.

(28 Feb 17, 12:36PM)gy_be Wrote: Man, fake news everywhere. Close this thread plz.

What? We are not done discussing. Go away.
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 17, 12:12PM)stef Wrote: "Gema" was not removed. AFAIK only one server, "Gema central", was removed from the masterserver list - and if the owner told you, it was "because of gema", he is a damn liar.

btw, if the server is still running, you can always connect manually - or add it to your "personalserverlist", as usual.

Owner said no such thing and most of us are not retarded, we know that the only way to "remove gema" is to remove kickback or prevent servers from uploading maps....or ac players losing interest and leaving ac.

You guys only removed a well coded and organized server. GJ!

Since i dont play anymore, i dont care.
Thanks given by: samsattF
It's sad to see things being removed that players enjoyed playing. Banning something isn't going to help, just means they will stop playing the game because something they enjoyed doing was removed. GJ guys, good plan to make people play other maps.

First.. Douze CTF now this. GJ 10/10
Thanks given by:
<iguana> grenadier or Dani any news about gema central?
* B[] has quit (Signed off)
<grenadier> iguana: I banned it for inappropriate map in maprot

For others players to connect, they can either add these menu scripts
http://185.22.174.73/~iguana/ac-data/oth...player.cfg (main AC/config)
http://185.22.174.73/~iguana/ac-data/oth...r_menu.cfg (main AC/scripts)
then connecting to Gema Central can be found in Multiplayer -> Other Servers

Do this in game: /alias gc [connect 164.132.110.143 1111 match]
and connect with typing /gc

Or add this string to AC startup to connect to the alternative masterserver:
--init -m164.132.110.143 --masterport=28760 --mastertype=0
Since when are we banning servers for inapproproate maps? Ive seen concentration camps, swastikas and other shit, but gema gets banned? Lmao please ban @camper maps first

10/10 decision
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 17, 07:56PM)Marti Wrote: Since when are we banning servers for inapproproate maps?

I don't remember such old things, you have to ask driAn of flowtron.

Quote:Lmao please ban @camper maps first

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2677.html - please let us know, if you'll find  server with "camper" map in maprot. :)
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 17, 03:15PM)|HP| Wrote: Since i dont play anymore, i dont care.

Why even make a post if you're gonna end it with this comment?

(28 Feb 17, 07:56PM)Marti Wrote: gema gets banned? Lmao please ban @camper maps first

This is like saying "Discrimination against women is wrong. Why not discriminate the elderly instead?". Why not end discrimination completely? Try think wider.

The rule is not hard to understand. No inappropiate maps in maprot. Remove server from masterserver if you do not like it. The masterserver is a good service offered to you and you can't demand anything from it.
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 17, 09:41PM)grenadier Wrote:
Quote:Lmao please ban @camper maps first

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2677.html - please let us know, if you'll find  server with "camper" map in maprot. :)
jamz [Image: buddy_offline.png] 
Player of AC
Threads: 50

26th March, 2011, 22:17 (This post was last modified: 26th February, 2017, 13:26 by grenadierEdit Reason: forbidden bad quality maps in maprot )

You LIE like a litlle child. Plus, Irony is just the subterfuge of a weak mind.
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 17, 11:52PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(28 Feb 17, 03:15PM)|HP| Wrote: Since i dont play anymore, i dont care.

Why even make a post if you're gonna end it with this comment?

(28 Feb 17, 07:56PM)Marti Wrote: gema gets banned? Lmao please ban @camper maps first

This is like saying "Discrimination against women is wrong. Why not discriminate the elderly instead?". Why not end discrimination completely? Try think wider.

The rule is not hard to understand. No inappropiate maps in maprot. Remove server from masterserver if you do not like it. The masterserver is a good service offered to you and you can't demand anything from it.

So because i dont play anymore and because someone implied my friend was a liar, means i cant leave an opinion about something i was involved with for 7 years? 

Care
"feel concern or interest; attach importance to something.
"they don't care about human life"
synonyms: be concerned, worry (oneself), trouble oneself, bother, mind; concern oneself with, be interested in, interest oneself in, trouble oneself with, have regard for, burden oneself with; informalgive a damn, give a hoot, give a rap, give a hang, give a tinker's curse/damn, give a monkey's, lose sleep over, get worked up
"the teachers didn't seem to care about our academic work""

To be exact: 
I am 10% sentimental and 90% IDC.
Happy?

Cognitive dissonance triggers below:
insert rolling eyes here
Thanks given by:
yo quote function is broken af for me.

anyway "This is like saying "Discrimination against women is wrong. Why not discriminate the elderly instead?". Why not end discrimination completely? Try think wider."

I'd pick fat people to discriminate.

Anyway, exclusion isn't that weird, sometimes you are not allowed entry to a certain club or w/e or even a church because you are dressed inappropriate/badly. Same can go for serverlists, if you server has a bad map such as @camper (inappropriate clothes), they will be removed from the serverlist (refused entry to club/church/whatever). This is not strange at all.

fakin leftist shit argument u made

if this server had a nazimap in maprot, i guess it deserved the ban, you shouldn't be dumb enough to actually include stuff like that in a maprot.

edit: surprised no dev has edited iguana's post yet lol
Thanks given by:
we all already know.. Marti is here to:
1- increase own post numbers
2- help mods to close some threads (just talking a lot of spam contents)
3- say some cursed and swear-words
its why he never will be banned.

--and people.. stop post here..... it's not your game, here is not your forum...
it's not a irony ;)
Thanks given by:
Do you actually read and comprehend english? If you had any intellect you would understand the point I am making.

And how exactly are you helping with your posts? It's either hating on me or quoting someone and then adding one word,or you change fucking colors..

You still think I'm jamz innit idiot?
Thanks given by:
Why would iguanas post need editing?

Sure, his alternate menu is a very overdone solution for a simple problem. Just adding "personalserverlist = [ addserver iguana.bgx.ro 29760 ; addserver iguana.bgx.ro 29762 ; addserver iguana.bgx.ro 29764 ; addserver iguana.bgx.ro 29766 ; addserver iguana.bgx.ro 29768 ]" to autoexec.cfg would work much better, but who cares...

And running (and advertising) his own masterserver is also no problem. It may be a problem for players, because AC clients only support one masterserver, which means, players have to choose (or at least restart the game to switch masterservers). Alternative masterservers are only a problem, if they illegally copy the list from our masterserver. Iguana doesn't do that.

BTW, "Gema central" was banned for the exact same reason in the past as it got banned for now. That exact same map in rotation. By now, I have lost count in how often that server owner fucked up, promised to do better, was allowed back - and then did the same thing again. I don't recall any other server with a similarly messed up history. If it were up to me, that server would be gone for good.
Thanks given by: +f0r3v3r+
I don't see why the devs would remove a mode that brings enjoyment to so many. Despite all appearances to the contrary they are not out to get us. No sarcasm here just keep the AC coming friends.
Thanks given by:
i JUST DONT GET THIS?
you guys.. Stef or Grenadier i thought had some brain here.. tampering with this AC?..
seem u just ruin the game more and more?... -grow up and listen to the players and dont kill this game as u allready have done long time ago.

your saying and interrest in this game doesnt seem to benefit AC at all.. with what u are doing.

and u know me.. what ever u do i complain.. heheheh! -But u should have listen LONG TIME AGO ON HANZE AND ME AND THE REST OF THE GOOD PLAYERS out there.

please quit AC and do something else that suits your needs.. But dont TRY and change ac for what it IS OR HAVE BECOME.. -COS U WONT SUCCESS! -PERIOD

THIS IS A HUGE SHAME ON YOU.. WINERS (DEVS) THAT cant tolerate that the game ..or EVEN see that this game is DEAD... And u guys MAKE IT EVEN WORSE!

/THANKS FOR WHAT AC once WAS..
-damn shame on you guys :(

I will join your masterserver iggy.. -dont worry.. make maps for it to if u need it :)

a guy stubbern enought to think good of devs.. (for what purpose really?)

(28 Feb 17, 07:43PM)Iguana Wrote:
<iguana> grenadier or Dani any news about gema central?
* B[] has quit (Signed off)
<grenadier> iguana: I banned it for inappropriate map in maprot

For others players to connect, they can either add these menu scripts
http://185.22.174.73/~iguana/ac-data/oth...player.cfg (main AC/config)
http://185.22.174.73/~iguana/ac-data/oth...r_menu.cfg (main AC/scripts)
then connecting to Gema Central can be found in Multiplayer -> Other Servers

Do this in game: /alias gc [connect 164.132.110.143 1111 match]
and connect with typing /gc

Or add this string to AC startup to connect to the alternative masterserver
(add a rule to allow connection in windows firewall):
-m164.132.110.143 --masterport=28760 --mastertype=0
Thanks given by: vector
(01 Mar 17, 09:10PM)shad-99 Wrote: ME AND THE REST OF THE GOOD PLAYERS

does not compute
Thanks given by:
Update, apparently you need --init on windows for the masterserver:

--init -m164.132.110.143 --masterport=28760 --mastertype=0
Thanks given by:
is it one map for 24 hours or one map for a week type deal?
Thanks given by:
I didn't read 2/3 of the posts, but I've never been bothered by it. I just simply don't enter, if and when there are, other active ones. Lets be real though we have all dabbled or it would not even be a SUBJECT, but seems to be a predicate in this thread :p .
Thanks given by:
shad's post makes it seem they deleted all possibility of playing gema lol

they only removed 1 server thoooooo, make a new gema server?

[Image: GettinMoney_Dab-100x100.png]
Thanks given by:
(02 Mar 17, 01:14PM)Marti Wrote: make a new gema server?
Why? its going to get banned again eventually.. might a swell move it away from this.
Also the next version will make it impossible to play the existing gema maps the way they are meant to be played.
Thanks given by: