gamma in mint
I can't remember what all I did to get my gamma settings in AC to work right in Linux when it's all I used before. I know xgamma, but I know I had it set to be persistent and automatically change when opening AC. Can someone help me out? Can't see shit! lol

Edit: Ok, I think I've settled it now. Just using /lightscale 1 seems to do enough, plus everything looks so much better. Why haven't I used this before?!?!

Edit: If anyone has a solution to the gamma issue though, there are still some dark corners hard to see
Thanks given by:
I end up doing something like this on Fedora:
lightscale 1;gamma 130;recalc
Thanks given by:
Ok, I said to hell with it. I can't get alienfx or any software for roccat and I can't even get my headset to work because the soundblaster card isn't supported either. I can disable my touchpad with the hardware keys but the light on it still comes on to the touch. I forgot how much of a pain in the ass it is to get everything up and running on Linux. I'll just stick with damn Windows ugh.
Thanks given by:
I had a lot of gamma problems with ubuntu unity. On my laptop i had to write a small start script:

xrandr --output HDMI-0 --gamma 1.8:1.8:1.8
./assaultcube.sh
xrandr --output HDMI-0 --gamma 1:1:1

On my PC Gamma changes only works on fullscreen.

Best pola
Thanks given by:
Could you test gamma changing in this version: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/tree/experimental ? It uses SDL2 instead of SDL1.2 (warning: it shows some redundant debug info :)).
Thanks given by:
I cloned the git rep and did make install in ubuntu 14.04 unity. Still the gamma can not be changed in either fullscreen or window mode. Best pola.
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 16, 04:36AM)pola Wrote: I cloned the git rep and did make install in ubuntu 14.04 unity.

You compiled "experimental" branch (git checkout experimental)?
Thanks given by:
I am not sure!
I did that
git clone https://github.com/assaultcube/AC.git
cd AC/source/src
installed all dependencies
make install
./assaultcube.sh
Thanks given by:
git status -> you will see, that you are on "master" branch
git checkout experimental -> then you switch to "experimental" branch (that with SDL2)
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 16, 09:04PM)grenadier Wrote: git status -> you will see, that you are on "master" branch
git checkout experimental -> then you switch to "experimental" branch (that with SDL2)

great, I had no idea. thx.
I tried with fullscreen and without. No changes.
http://3i.stylebar.de/wp-content/uploads.../gamma.jpg
Let me know if I can do anything else for you. I can try it next week on my PC.
Thanks given by:
Yes this would be an awesome thing to figure out. I appreciate everyone's efforts. It has been an issue for a long time. Though I do remember on my last few laptops I did in fact get it working on Crunchbang and Ubuntu both. I just don't remember how. I may go in the basement and get out my old 17x and see if I can find what it was I used. I wrote a script to start with the ac .sh but have no idea what it was anymore. That's been years.
Thanks given by:
Let's gather some informations:

1. What graphics card(s) do you have?
2. Do you have installed proprietary graphics drivers (from nVidia, AMD, Intel etc.) or open-source provided by Linux community?
3. What is displayed in console during AC start, in positions: "Renderer:" and "Driver:"?
4. Does gamma changing work in other games (for example in Sauerbraten and Tesseract)?
5. If you have Windows on your computer with Linux, in which gamma changing doesn't work, that does gamma changing work in Windows?
Thanks given by:
1. GTX 970m
2. All available proprietary drivers I have installed. Mint uses Windows drivers for the GPU.
3. This I don't recall.
4. Yes, works in every other game fine.
5. AC seems to be the only game I have this issue with gamma, and only in Mint.

I am not sure but I think I have read on this forum that AC runs mostly on processor power. Maybe this is a compatibility issue with Intel? I run every other game I play directly from the GPU and not integrated graphics.

If this will help other people I can boot Mint up and try the suggestions listed in the morning. I thought for sure someone else would have figured this out before now. I thought a lot of the people in the AC community used Linux. Maybe not so much anymore, there are a lot less of us now.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 17, 09:46AM)grenadier Wrote: 3. What is displayed in console during AC start, in positions: "Renderer:" and "Driver:"?

On my PC (Linux Mint 18, AMD CPU) I have: Renderer: GeForce GTX 750/PCIe/SSE2 (NVIDIA Corporation) ,  Driver: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 367.57

(01 Jan 17, 11:25AM)Boomhauer Wrote: 4. Yes, works in every other game fine.

In Sauerbraten and Tesseract too?
Thanks given by:
Mostly I am using Fedora 25 64-bit GNU/Linux, and gamma seems to work fine on 1.2.0.2 - Master/Next/Experimental are all working here.
1. MSI Radeon R7 260x OC2 Edition
2. Driver: 3.0 Mesa 13.0.2
3. Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD BONAIRE (DRM 2.46.0 / 4.8.15-300.fc25.x86_64, LLVM 3.8.0) (X.Org)
4. Gamma works fine in all of the games I play.
5. On a dual-boot system here (Fedora 25/Windows 7), gamma works irregardless of the Operating System.

Note that Fedora 25 uses Wayland instead of xorg by default now. But I have reverted mine, because the Wayland version was giving me all kinds of tearing issues.
Thanks given by:
chris@robot ~ $ assaultcube
Using home directory: /home/chris/.assaultcube/v1.2
init: sdl
init: net
init: world
init: video: sdl
init: video: mode
init: video: misc
init: gl
Renderer: GeForce GTX 970M/PCIe/SSE2 (NVIDIA Corporation)
Driver: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 367.57
init: console
init: sound
Audio devices:
Sound: OpenAL Soft / OpenAL Soft (OpenAL Community)
Driver: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.16.0
init: cfg
init: models
init: curl
init: docs
init: localconnect
read map packages/maps/official/ac_snow.cgz rev 8 (5 milliseconds)
Mine City - By daMfr0
loaded textures (41 milliseconds)
loaded mapmodels (24 milliseconds)
loaded mapsounds (196 milliseconds)
game mode is "TDM"
init: mainloop
writing to file: /home/chris/.assaultcube/v1.2/config/init.cfg
writing to file: /home/chris/.assaultcube/v1.2/config/servers.cfg
writing to file: /home/chris/.assaultcube/v1.2/config/pcksources.cfg
writing to file: /home/chris/.assaultcube/v1.2/config/saved.cfg

Sauerbraten is the same, cannot adjust gamma through the game.
Terminal output from Sauer:
chris@robot ~ $ sauerbraten
Using home directory: /home/chris/.sauerbraten/
Adding package directory: /usr/share/games/sauerbraten/
init: sdl
Library: SDL 1.2.15
init: net
init: game
init: video: mode
init: video: misc
init: gl
Renderer: GeForce GTX 970M/PCIe/SSE2 (NVIDIA Corporation)
Driver: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 367.57
Rendering using the OpenGL GLSL shader path.
init: console
init: gl: effects
init: world
init: sound
init: cfg
init: mainloop
attempting to connect to 164.132.110.240:28785
connected to server
Thanks given by: