servers without admins, and players that impersonate others players.
(04 Oct 16, 05:47PM)BaDMonkey Wrote:
(04 Oct 16, 04:37PM)Marti Wrote: If something is small and insignificant to you, doesn't mean it is small and insignificant to someone else.

This is a very valid point, significance is subjective

At this point I have to interject...

Because I feel like this whole thread is a symptom of a bigger problem in the community at this time.

And most of us recognize that this problem has grown over time.

Too many people, over too long of a period of time, have lost a key ingredient in the mix here. And there are too many of us here that should have cared enough to do something about it, but did nothing.

And a few of us held on to a thread of hope for the game we love/hate and friends we made along the way. But those voices have grown so quiet these days in this forum. Even on the days that you can still find a few showing some love around the servers, negativity seems far more plentiful.

The main issue is that respect levels have declined as bullshit has increased.
At some point we all need to be accountable to what we do and see the grief that actions of ill-intent cause.
Our community is too small not to.

It is hard to forgive. Sometimes it is impossible to forget.

But we all need to take some time to make it right. We need to become better towards each other if we are to make this community great again.
We need to reach a minimum level of respect so that we can all work together without concern of our differences.

We have to find ways to bring people together and uplift them.

Yeah this is all kind of shit, since we play a game where we try to shoot each other in the face...
But there are no bots in Multiplayer. There is a person behind every mask.

So I wish to apologize...
To all the people who I have dumped on or pissed off during my time in this community - whether I meant to or not: I am sorry if I hurt, upset, or angered you.
I cannot change myself as easily as I would like, but I will work to be as kind and respectful as I can to you if I see you again.
I apologize on behalf of my mates here, there, and nowhere, for any time they may have caused such anguish among our brothers and sisters.

But please forgive me, as well, that I would not give a friend away for his mistakes. But know I will heckle the shit out of them, as that is my solid duty as a friend to tell 'em when they can't see they have made one.

As should all of us.
Thanks given by: BaDMonkey , Boomhauer , Infinity , quico , vonunov
(04 Oct 16, 09:48PM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: So I wish to apologize...
To all the people who I have dumped on or pissed off during my time in this community - whether I meant to or not: I am sorry if I hurt, upset, or angered you.
I cannot change myself as easily as I would like, but I will work to be as kind and respectful as I can to you if I see you again.
I apologize on behalf of my mates here, there, and nowhere, for any time they may have caused such anguish among our brothers and sisters.

But please forgive me, as well, that I would not give a friend away for his mistakes. But know I will heckle the shit out of them, as that is my solid duty as a friend to tell 'em when they can't see they have made one.

As should all of us.

I wouldn't word it any different, and I feel the same.

Sorry, Halo.
And sorry every member of DES that was around when I was in.
And sorry to everyone I've raged on throughout the last 9+/- years.
;)
Thanks given by:
Twas a metaphor to get my point across.

Seems it kinda worked
Thanks given by:
Nice words f0r3v3r, sry mate for what I did in the past :P
.45 guys too :P
Thanks mates!
Thanks given by: