Discussing "experimental dev package for Mac OS X"
First posts moved here from "Experimental dev package for Mac OS X" thread.

(13 Sep 16, 09:27AM)grenadier Wrote:
Quote:Right-click Nade throw does not work as it should throw a quick nade. It throws (complete animation) similar to left click throw.
Feature, it was weird/ugly/too much unnatural, so return to older behaviour.

I can understand the intention behind removing Right-click nade, but...
I think it is slowing down the game-play/Pace of the game. I can understand that removing Hax jump is good decision, but is it good for everyone/every player ? No, it is good for new/inexperienced players as they get to play a fair and slow paced game, but what about experienced/Higher level of players, who learned these tricks and game-play movements on certain maps to make it fast paced and more exciting ? By removing right-click nade, you are removing two extra features (1. Less time to shoot nade by reducing the animation time and 2. The distance nade travel which is getting reduced). This changes the shape of LSS matches and game-play completely. Either keep the long animation or Nade distance. Removing some of these features are making the game more linear, game is becoming less dynamic.

You cannot please everyone (Experienced and inexperienced players)..

Or can you ?

You can do it by adding a new difficulty level feature in the new game i.e. 1. Normal Level 2. Superman Level.
Keep these old features in the Superman Level and you can add more advance features which could have a learning curve. And Remove these features in the Normal Level. Everyone's happy...

Normal level players could only connect on normal level Servers...and Professional level players could only connect on Professional level of servers.

What do you think ? I can adapt to these new settings, but it would take time...what about other players ?
Thanks given by:
Removing haxjump is a good thing. If you rely on the "quicknade" you are a bad player. I also think it is a good thing that is being removed. Different difficulties is some bs.

Anyone with a slight bit of skill should have very little trouble 'adapting'. 1. Older players played before haxjump existed and 2. As a frequent nader myself it is much more beneficial if you cook a nade with leftclick. Thats what most proper players do anyway.

These are just my opinions, and i think it is a good thing they changed these features
Thanks given by:
I won't stop fixing bugs, just because some are used to exploiting them

PS: before AC 1.0, there was a bug that allowed slow guns (sniper, shotgun) to shoot faster, if the weapon was changed and changed back in between shots. The devs told everyone to not rely on it, because it was going to be fixed... and yet, several players spent a lot of time, training to shoot fast (some with scripts, some manually) - and of course, there was a lot of bitching when the bug was fixed. And? Does anyone still care today? Or want a bug back, that would allow a sniper to shoot again 150ms sooner by using a script? In fact, the fixed bug forced snipers to get even more skilled (end effective) by using the pistol in between sniper shots...

Also, being able to throw a nade farther in LSS is hardly useful - unless you're spamming nades or playing against noobs. Any pro will just have more time to evade your nade.
Thanks given by:
Everyone has their own point of view and playing style neither of any is wrong...did I ever say that, this is wrong and this is right...did I ? If I adapted this Fast nade style or learned Hax jump because it was a feature in the game, I was not using script or any external program...so if I ask why remove it completely, then am I asking an irrelevant question ? I never asked you to add these feature in the game, these were there. So if someone use these feature, he is a lesser player or less skilled player...hmm...Nice judgment, i'd say..! And why Some players always talk and compare themselves and their play style with others ? Are we arguing who's the best ?

By the way thanks for fixing that Fixed Player Spectate issue...
Thanks given by: CharlyMurphie
More bugs found :
1. Bullet hit sound is not playing.
2. Cube height (may be x, y z) calculations are way off.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3l7b7ecu3cq7j3a
Thanks given by:
(13 Sep 16, 07:17PM)Vinayill Wrote: More bugs found :
1. Bullet hit sound is not playing.
2. Cube height (may be x, y z) calculations are way off.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3l7b7ecu3cq7j3a
Ad 1. /hitsound 2 or 1?
Ad 2. I don't understand, could you explain, where is the bug?
Thanks given by:
(13 Sep 16, 07:39PM)grenadier Wrote: Ad 2. I don't understand, could you explain, where is the bug?

https://www.mediafire.com/?ml7x7cm4ski7d3y

(13 Sep 16, 07:39PM)grenadier Wrote: Ad 2. I don't understand, could you explain, where is the bug?

This is how it should Look (Old MAC version 1.2) : https://www.mediafire.com/?l6c3eyel8ltlrl7

and I realized, In the test Dev Version F12 key works for MAC, but I in the old version that function key is reserved for System navigation command. So I had to type in the command to take the screen shot.
Thanks given by:
you didn't see the 30+ warnings while loading the map?
Thanks given by:
(13 Sep 16, 08:58PM)stef Wrote: you didn't see the 30+ warnings while loading the map?

I joined an on-going match, when I took that last Screenshot. I didn't loaded the map on the server.

Here is what it displayed when I loaded the map : https://www.mediafire.com/?r7qqna57jlnb9hc
Thanks given by: