New Ladder!
Hey guys!

I'm excited to let you guys know that there is a new ladder in the horizon at https://assaultcu.be

It is not too rich in features at this time, but you're welcome to input your opinion! There are currently 4 servers reporting to this ladder and you can view them here. By joining any one of them, your stats will automatically be pushed, no signups required. I would love to get some feedback from the community, so feel free to leave a reply below or use this forum. I am also looking for admins for these servers, so if you feel you have what the position needs, feel free to contact me.

Server Owners

If you are a server owner and wanting to contribute to this project, feel free to personally contact me. The initial set-up process is fairly easy, as long as you are able to install a couple of packages on your machine.
Thanks given by: Federico. , cannonfodder
there's something wrong with the ladder.. Go to the clan section and see.. |oNe| have 227 kills in (2 minutes?) XD how's that?
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 15, 05:51AM)MPx Wrote: there's something wrong with the ladder.. Go to the clan section and see.. |oNe| have 227 kills in (2 minutes?) XD how's that?

I noticed that too. I'll check the logs in the morning and see what happened with Federico.
Thanks given by:
This should probably go on the main website somewhere:

"Looking for some one to join your private match? Ladder servers are not the place. They are meant strictly for public play, which also means you are not to come into a server and start asking for participants to join your inter/match. Doing this will result in a temporary blacklist (30 days) for first-time offenders. Anything beyond that and you will have earned yourself a permanent blacklist across the network.

Just thought I'd let those who are guilty of this know now, so there won't be any surprises."
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 15, 08:00AM)Mousikos Wrote: This should probably go on the main website somewhere:

"Looking for some one to join your private match? Ladder servers are not the place. They are meant strictly for public play, which also means you are not to come into a server and start asking for participants to join your inter/match. Doing this will result in a temporary blacklist (30 days) for first-time offenders. Anything beyond that and you will have earned yourself a permanent blacklist across the network.

Just thought I'd let those who are guilty of this know now, so there won't be any surprises."

Casius you say in forums that this rule is for those who spam connect. What about those who ask private matches by pm? Is that not allowed?
Thanks given by:
Nice ladder =)
Thanks given by: Casius
Good job!
Nemo, private message, sure.
Thanks given by:
And then people will start PM-ing everyone on the server...
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 15, 05:20PM)Mousikos Wrote: And then people will start PM-ing everyone on the server...

If they can get by the filters set, sure.
Thanks given by:
Speaking of filters....

I would suggest making a master map filter for contributing servers....
i.e. -Aac_whatever (I am sure you are already aware of this function)

Nice design on the site and ladder, albeit a bit red for my eyes...

Any plans to measure other details of the games?
I think it would be quite neat if you could break it down in to score by map, for instance.

And maybe it would be pretty easy to include a "Map Ladder" on the site, too, so people could see what is being played the most....

Just some thoughts...
Definitely some food for thought, f0r3v3r. Appreciate it.

There are indeed plans to measure other aspects of the game, they just aren't that too high of a priority at this moment. Right now the main focus is on the overall stability.

What red would you prefer?
Thanks given by:
Oh... Too kind that you would ask for my preference... I would just have a shade or two darker, but that is just because it feels a little bright on my eyes.

I wouldn't change it on my account, but maybe you could make a poll for that? xD
I thought you meant a new ladder. And by that, I mean one we can climb.
Thanks given by:
You can climb this one, too.
Thanks given by: Marti , Z3R0 , +f0r3v3r+ , BluffCreek
particular reason why I am banned on this server when I've never played on it?
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 15, 06:38PM)Boomhauer Wrote: particular reason why I am banned on this server when I've never played on it?

There's multiple servers reporting innit

You banned on all or just uno?
Thanks given by:
Nice Ladder.
BTW: It would be better to join your ladder with ac fraglog to make it even better. AC fraglog is used by a lot of people but it's a bit out of date. So it would be a good idea to work together.
Thanks given by: Casius , cannonfodder
Quote:Looking for some one to join your private match? Ladder servers are not the place. They are meant strictly for public play, which also means you are not to come into a server and start asking for participants to join your inter/match. Doing this will result in a temporary blacklist (30 days) for first-time offenders. Anything beyond that and you will have earned yourself a permanent blacklist across the network.

Just thought I'd let those who are guilty of this know now, so there won't be any surprises.

According to who ? I dont mind being asked for inter in ladder. I am sure there are others too.

Lets look at this way, pub chat is for group communication. Asking for inter falls into that category, hence cannot be banned for. Otherwise servers owners have authority on what should be said and what not.
Thanks given by:
meanduck, it was a post by me, but I have been trying to relax it since. I do believe server owners should have the authority and say on what they don't want to be said. I am not against people asking for inters/matches, I'm against those who spam the same few lines, disconnect, reconnect, and then repeat.

Because I have seen a lot of that happening, I have decided to add some filters. Apologies to those who don't spam, but that's just how things have to be sometimes.
Thanks given by: vector
Quote: I am not against people asking for inters/matches, I'm against those who spam the same few lines, disconnect, reconnect, and then repeat.

I was responding according to the quote which specifically says all intercalls are forbidden. In anycase, I think we are in agreement.

I saw this policy on some other servers too and was afraid this trend might catch on.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 15, 05:20AM)meanduck Wrote:
Quote: I am not against people asking for inters/matches, I'm against those who spam the same few lines, disconnect, reconnect, and then repeat.

I was responding according to the quote which specifically says all intercalls are forbidden. In anycase, I think we are in agreement.

I saw this policy on some other servers too and was afraid this trend might catch on.

As a server owner, it's just very rude for these type of players to come in, without ever playing, and spam the connect for their own match.
Thanks given by: vector
Things have been running good :) Any feature requests? Also looking for server contributors :p
Thanks given by:
Not banned anymore, thanks
Thanks given by:
i like this ladder, Good job ! but you should put new colors. Good luck for that !
(17 Dec 15, 01:04AM)BluffCreek Wrote: I thought you meant a new ladder. And by that, I mean one we can climb.

(17 Dec 15, 05:26AM)Casius Wrote: You can climb this one, too.

double meaning, Casius??

nvm XD
Thanks given by:
I see you have enabled inter filter. Even in pm. Shit move casius. I boycott you inter hating servers, I ask all inter lovers to do the same.
Thanks given by: Million
(29 Dec 15, 10:29AM)meanduck Wrote: I see you have enabled inter filter. Even in pm. Shit move casius. I boycott you inter hating servers, I ask all inter lovers to do the same.

No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play on my server. Right now, the easiest way for me is to add the filters in forbidden.cfg, which also blocks PMs. That's just how the game is. Can you propose a better solution? I have not seen one from you. Just ask yourself: Will Apple let you walk into one of their stores and advertise for Samsung?

Oh, and I don't hate inters, don't know where you got that from.
Thanks given by: grenadier This user is a dev/forum admin
Quote:Oh, and I don't hate inters, don't know where you got that from.
Really? You cant think of one reason why I would think that ? You keep saying you dont hate inters but yet you filter them ????

It seems to you dont want people to leave your servers and thats why you are filtering msg. But where will you stop ? Will you filter "lets leave" ? What about something else ?

Can you even see how this action is against all inter lovers ? There is no reason for us to play here. We would rather play 100s of other equally good if not more servers which do not feel so insecure to filter msgs.
Thanks given by:
You shouldn’t be worried Meanduck, there is absolutely no way to prevent people from asking inter in his server, unless he disable the chat. There are so many way to ask for an inter, It might just stop people from connecting/spamming/disconnecting which is what he is aiming for.
Thanks given by: