Please, switch off 1.04 version
1.1 version is long time out and the old version should be already dead. There is no sense to support splitting the community. Please devs switch off all services for 1.04 version!!

I have problems in 1.1 with sniper riffle and loading of custom maps. I said it here and will try to force people around to change it a bit. If we trust here in evolution, everything is possible. But i don't support this idiotic splitting people between two versions.

We lost one member in clan already and at second one we lost one week persuading. Some people are lazy to move !!

AC is still only one game !! If you want to create alternative MS, should be with non-AC maps and non-ac mapmodels and textures. We should have only 1.1 version !!
Thanks given by:
i am new member . THANKS ALL MY FRIENDS.
Thanks given by:
Die, spammer.
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 10, 03:27PM)Alien Wrote: Please devs switch off all services for 1.04 version!!
[...]
We lost one member in clan already and at second one we lost one week persuading. Some people are lazy to move !!

Why 1.0.4 and not 1.1? If I understand well, you lost members because of 1.1 version, so it should be turned off. :)
Thanks given by:
I don’t say this often but I couldn’t agree with Alien more.
The continuation of the older version is just divisive. If players are going to leave because of the new version, so be it but lets make the cut fast and clean.
Thanks given by:
LoL why 1.0? Do you know how many players still play 1.0? In fact, my friend, there are more players playing 1.0 than players playing 1.1. "Newer" does not always mean "better". And shutting down 1.0 MS will only make it worse, because this would mean absolute disrespect and ignorance of the AC community, which still prefers to play 1.0. This would be an absolute totalitarianism. Now, will you really spit, piss and shit on what people like only cause' you want 1.1? ;)

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Let’s start with the easy stuff.
I’m not your friend son.

“"Newer" does not always mean "better". And shutting down 1.0 MS will only make it worse,”

Make what worse?

“This would be an absolute totalitarianism”

And what, I can’t help wondering, would you know about totalitarianism?
So, see how you go with the simple stuff and if you can manage that then perhaps we could move on to what you think is and isn’t good for the ac community.
Thanks given by:
I wasn't talking to you tipper... But since you started it...

Make what worse? Really? Go read ALL posts of the previous month about 1.0 and 1.1 versions first, then come here, talk and make your point.

For those who, like tipper, don't know the definition of totalitarianism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totalitarianism

Just a small notice to all: stop talking, commenting and trying to make a weak point about stuff you don't know, never read, or was never interested in.

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
hey pandel how come you wink at me and you don't wink at tipper.

you like me.

"like" like?
Thanks given by:
Please let 1.0 peace... There is really people who wants play it!
Thanks given by:
Obviously not going to get past the easy stuff are we?

So, I’ll make it easy for you.
There is one very good reason to move on to 1.1 and it’s present and future patches; there is less chance of players cheating.
Add to this, that this is how the devs, who own and develop the game seem to wish for it to progress then I’m fascinated to hear those who say they support the game and community can justify not supporting the direction the devs wish the game to go.
Thanks given by:
@ Undead: I think he is smart enough to understand what i am saying to him.

And i say to you, tipper, go and read all the posts about 1.0 and 1.1. I did propose a few things and asked a number of good questions which resulted in my ban.

I will also repeat this: stop talking, commenting and trying to make a weak point about stuff you don't know, never read, or was never interested in.

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
I don't understand this topic. You can have 2 versions installed in same computer. Play version your mates play (if thats the problem).

To talk to your teammates user IRC, skype or other channels of communication.

If people like to play old version and devs don't mind, MS for old version should stay (think of it as alternative MS).
It's a game :)
Thanks given by:
P@ndel

I have read the vast majority of the posts on this forum, the last forum, most of the established clan sites and more irc logs than I care to think on.
Given I’ve been playing this game since its first issue, that’s a lot of reading.
If I thought you had any idea of what you were talking about I might be able to take you seriously, but you obviously know nothing about me and a lot less about the history of this game.
Thanks given by:
I think we should go back to .93 and call it a day.
Thanks given by:
I don't need to know about you tipper, no offense, nor about the game. I got a "simple stuff", as you use to say: 1.0 and 1.1 versions. 1.1 is a new game. And many people cannot get used to the new 1.1 (no, i am not talking about myself; I have 1.1 installed but i didn't spend any of my time trying to figure out new tactics for it, nor getting used to the new game play, but i played it enough to understand and come to a solid conclusion that is it nowhere close to 1.0 when it comes to its game play). This does not require me to know the history of the game. I look at what the two versions are, and what some well-knows AC players have to say about it. That is the foundation of my argument. If you still think i am not being serious, well, please don't try to explain me anything then, and quit replying me.

I asked to the DEVs a number of simple questions about 1.1 and 1.0. As a reply, i got banned from the forums. Why? Is it so hard to answer a number of simple questions? No. Everyone knows that the new versions has many problems. Let it the the anti-cheat, which some people still think is perfect and are ready to ban from AC forums everyone who thinks the opposite, etc. I ask it again, why not implement all these feature, although they are not perfect, to 1.0 without screwing the game play with an extra weapon, extra armor which has made 1.1 a pick-up game?

Thats all...

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Pandel is from D|S clan which is fully in 1.04 version. I understand him. He is recruiting all unsatisfied players with 1.1 version. He has now access to players who would never chance to catch.

But all these critical posts which you pointed out lost the sense if here will be after each change next branch of AC or game. There should be only one direction with satisfied and unsatisfied together. These unsatisfied can be surprised in next version and vice versa. There is no point to have 2 games with ac_complex. There is some features which improves this project and should be included to 1.04. Only one way how to do it is use 1.1 version.

If in clan is group which play in one version and second one play in other, it is idiotic. There is still one name of game, so 1.1 is certain view fix of 1.0 version. For me current state is chaotic. 0.93 to 1.0 was easer because there were less lazy people. But know these lazy people are catching uninformed people.

I would understand MS for custom maps or mod but older version ?
Thanks given by:
It wouldn't matter if the developers closed down services to 1.04, because of the alternate masterserver for 1.04 that there already is. People would just connect to that instead moving to the new version.
Thanks given by:
@ Alien: at least give some respect to yourself. You, as you have shown, know nothing about s|D. So, here is something i posted for the 3rd time now i guess: stop talking, commenting and trying to make a weak point about stuff you don't know, never read, or was never interested in. If you are really interested in knowing a bit about s|D, go to my profile for s|D website.

Now to the point:
Why is that everyone should go 1.1? I want to play 1.0. So what now? Are you suggesting to brutally force more than %50 of AC players from 1.0 to 1.1? Seriously? Tell me if you truly believe this is the only fair way to go in "only one direction", whichever direction that is... And stop making lame excuses as "lazy". Many have installed 1.1, but still prefer to play 1.0. Ain't that telling you anything?

I still wait to hear something about my 1.1 and 1.0 related question...

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Okay P@ndel, I’ll indulge you for a while.

“I will also repeat this: stop talking, commenting and trying to make a weak point about stuff you don't know, never read, or was never interested in.”

Could this be why you got banned from the forum?
It seems the above better describes you than Alien or myself.

Perhaps you could explain why having a lot less cheats is
a) a weak point
b) something I or Alien, assuming your original comment was addressed to him, don’t know anything about
c) something neither of us are interested in given both of us spent a great deal of time attempting to keep the game free from cheats and Master abuse when Master mode was available
(by the way, Alien has also been playing this game pretty much from its first issue)

Yes, the game has changed. I personally think it’s for the better but I can understand others may not.
However, each time the devs have made changes to the game there have been those who preferred the older issues. I have been in such a group in the past. Most of the changes that have been implemented in this most recent issue were discussed on the old forums and from what I remember many were requested by a number of the established players.
If I had to describe how I see the difference between earlier issues and this I would say this issue requires a bit more thought if you wish to perform well as a player; established skill may not be enough to overcome the strategic player.
All FPS games are “pick up” dependant for successful performance. If the general intelligence level of the ac player means he/she doesn’t realize the value of armour, which from what I’ve seen on the pubs is generally the case, then yes, they are not going to perform as well in this issue where armour is critical.
There have been relatively minor alterations to the weapons and of course the reduction of the availability of nades. Having endured the endless nade spam in 1.04 those who used nades as their primary weapon will no doubt find this issue more challenging. All I can say is learn how to aim.
Sometimes the best way to assist players in making the transition from one issue to the next is to not give them the option to cling to the old. Sure, it may be a bit brutal but 1.1 is the new issue and it’s the direction the devs have decided to take the game. Those who don’t like it may be better off finding another game instead of widening the rift that has always existed in ac concerning game change.

The simple fact is, this is how the new issue is, adapt to it.
I haven’t noticed any great drop in performance due to the weapon changes in my game; I’ve just learnt how to play with different weapons and with a slightly different strategy.
Given most of the players are a great deal younger than me and therefore supposedly more adaptable I find it difficult to understand their reluctance to at least give this issue a proper trial.
Finally there is a proportion of players who may find the scripts and cheats they used with great success in the older issues don’t seem to work. Good.
A brief look at the 1.04 blacklist should illustrate for all but the cheat and the idiot why we needed an anti cheat system.
With regard to the weapon balance changes; well its just different, not better or worse.
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 10, 05:34PM)P@ndel Wrote: Now, will you really spit, piss and shit on what people like only cause' you want 1.1? ;)

P@ndel

no but i'd spit, piss, and shit on you

MusicM@n10
Thanks given by:
Quote:Are you suggesting to brutally force more than %50 of AC players from 1.0 to 1.1?
yes, 50% of that 50% don't know about new version and 25% are lazy download and next 25% feel better in 1.0, AC is just game and there is no significant "pro" level which would be important for the game, all better clans moved to 1.1 version, there is no sense to let play the rest in old version

Quote:Tell me if you truly believe this is the only fair way to go in "only one direction", whichever direction that is
Of course, many people spent time to improve 1.04, they want to see their outputs. You are missing a purpose of forum. If the game don't go your direction, you shouldn't be destructive but persuade people about your direction.
Thanks given by:
I don't understand why you still refuse to read, or understand, what i am writing here.

Quote:why not implement all these feature, although they are not perfect, to 1.0 without screwing the game play with an extra weapon, extra armor which has made 1.1 a pick-up game?

Everyone seems to make a point on the anti cheat when it comes to the differences between 1.0 and 1.1 versions. Guys!!! IT IS OKAY WITH THE ANTI-CHEAT! But new weapon, lots of pick ups, weapon balance (you say it did not change, well, surprise, it did and even DEVs said that in one of their posts) ... This is screwing up the game.

Also, a game like AC, an open source game made and played without paying anything for it, must not change so drastically! Why is that every new version of AC must be a new game? It is not COD which MUST bring something COMPLETELY NEW with each NEW GAME they release because it is made for attracting more players to earn more money! Since when did AC become a paid-to-play game that it has the luxury of having so many "revolutions" in its game play? Maybe dev's are not quite sure about the game? Too many opinions? What is it? When will we, finally, have a stable AC version? When will we stop introducing new changes to the game play? You really cannot blame people for resisting against changes if every version was something new with new features and a new game play. Who wants a game that is so chaotic? Seriously...

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Where did I say the weapon balance hadn’t changed?

You forget somehting, its the devs game, not yours.
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 10, 07:12PM)Alien Wrote: 0.93 to 1.0 was easer because there were less lazy people.

Many people like more AC 1.0.4 than 1.1 and therefore don't switch, so please don't generalize. Some play also both versions.

And why do you want to destroy fun of many people, which prefer older AC's gameplay?
Version 1.0 was qualitatively much better than 0.93, therefore people switched quite fast. And then there weren't such dirty actions by devs against community, like now are: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-755.html - masterserver for 0.93 was still enabled after 1.0 releasing.
If so many people don't like 1.1, so maybe selected direction of AC development wasn't too good? Maybe time to listen critics?

(10 Sep 10, 07:12PM)Alien Wrote: If in clan is group which play in one version and second one play in other, it is idiotic.

I am not in clan, but for me as player playing different version, games etc. by people isn't idiotic. It is FREEDOM.

BTW http://andclan.yourbb.nl/viewtopic.php?t=341 :)
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 10, 07:47PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: Where did I say the weapon balance hadn’t changed?

You forget somehting, its the devs game, not yours.

I won't argue with you anymore. You are like others, concentrate on small details which you find as easy exit points to win an argument. If you so want to win an argument, go find a b!tch and pay her well, she will do anything for you, even let you win an argument.

Seriously, start truly discussing the issue. If you are reluctant to do so, go watch some TV.

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry you find my points hard to contest P@ndel.
Perhaps your trying to punch a bit above your weight.
Thanks given by:
You both go watch some TV. Seriously, if you want to exchange hate mail, you don't have to do that here.
Thanks given by:
In general I would agree with you grenadier. But, I can’t help thinking this is more about politics than it is about the changes within the game.

Some of the main opponents to the changes I know neither trust nor like Brahma.
I can’t help feeling that if this had been makke and drians decision only then things might be different.
Thanks given by:
Can you elaborate more on that, please? Especially more on connection between him and why we oppose to SOME changes in 1.1 (because you try to show it as if all changes were made by Brahma, and that is the why we "hate" everything related to him, though in his post he clearly said that most opposed features of 1.1 were not his)

Thanks!

P@ndel
Thanks given by: