Please, switch off 1.04 version
(11 Sep 10, 10:29PM)TheCrema Wrote: So I'm merely stating what seems to be a fact: After a stable release, those who didn't like the changes in gameplay, even in a bug free 1.1, will still have only these 3 options (even if they sounding offensive to ya): make your own MS for 1.0, play 1.1 and STFU or GTFO.
You said it your self: «After a stable release».
Thats all i care about.

To shut down MS for 1.0 with a non stable 1.1 version isnt a good idea IMO.

I do play 1.1 to but not as much as 1.0. This cos its not a stable release.
But of course, if DEVs close MS for 1.0 i will be forced to play 1.1 and maybe learn to live with the stuff thats annoy me.
But i really hope they keep it up until 1.1 is stable and 99% bug free.
Thanks given by:
This shouldn't even be be a discussion. I repeat again: the devs can do whatever they like.

To clarify:
1. The devs have absolute power.
2. The devs are shutting down the 1.0 masterserver (sooner or later).
3. It follows from 1) that you can do nothing to prevent 2)
4. You can create your own masterserver for 1.0.
5. You can create your own servers for 1.0.
6. You will always still be able to download 1.0.
7. It follows from 4), 5), and 6) that you can still play 1.0 if you so choose.
8. People who complain get annoying after a while.
9. Many of you are complaining about 2), however, given 7), you have no reason to complain.
10. STOP COMPLAINING, AND IF YOU WANT TO PLAY 1.0, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND DO IT
Thanks given by:
Quit your whining and put on a sweater. Don't you dare touch that thermostat....
Thanks given by:
refer to my previous argument
Thanks given by:
This shouldn't even be be a discussion. I repeat again: the devs can do whatever they like.

Discussions are good for forums and gamers alike. This attitude of total power is not. The devs can ultimately do whatever they like. However, since they are intelligent and wise beyond years, they understand the necessity of allowing discussions like these to be had. These discussions allow them to get a glimpse into the minds of the players in their community.

1. The devs have absolute power.

True, but if you could stop ramming this down our throats every time an interesting discussion such as this one takes place we'd like you a whole lot more.

2. The devs are shutting down the 1.0 masterserver (sooner or later)

Yes that's right. The subject of this thread is a request to do it now when many people still are still waiting for 1.1 to work all the bugs out.

^^People are arguing, and defending differing points of view in a manner that befits any democracy with a strong central government. With as little bloodshed as possible. Amazing isn't it?^^

3. It follows from 1) that you can do nothing to prevent 2)

This is just a downright maddening statement and absolutely indicative of that Toto Powa! way your mind works friend. Refer to 2 add that answer to 3 and equate into the algebra the factor of X-Y-Zenon, otherwise known as, "miss" the point much? Refer above ^^

Would it really be AC?

5. You can create your own servers for 1.0.

How bout no? Everyone knows AC will eventually switch to 1.1 and so will their shimmies.

6. You will always still be able to download 1.0.

That is cool. I play .93 occasionally cuz it's awesome. Were you making a point or just stating the obvious? Your Jedi mind tricks are no match for my Royal Manticoran Naval Training at the prestigious Saganami Island!

7. It follows from 4), 5), and 6) that you can still play 1.0 if you so choose.

Not many people wish to branch it off and do it outside the community. THIS IS SPARTA i.e. THIS IS AC-AA.

8. People who complain get annoying after a while.

Sure Pandel goes off on ragey-go-rounds and talks smack on some homies with more street cred than Denzel Washington in Training Day :: throws tipper some gangsigns :: but it's actually pretty refreshing for a forum to have a little bite in it.

9. Many of you are complaining about 2), however, given 7), you have no reason to complain.

I've quit trying to make sense of your Illuminati signs.

10. STOP COMPLAINING, AND IF YOU WANT TO PLAY 1.0, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND DO IT

They have their act together. Maybe it's the people who just blatantly stroll right into the conversation and start screaming about dev rights when it's quite clear to even the most uninterested observer that this entire discussion is actually an exercise OF dev rights. By allowing this thread they are showing us that they are interested in what we have to say, even though it may not be implemented in the long run. Pretty sweet ain't it? All of this aside I believe we'd all appreciate it if you let this discussion get back on track and at the very least start phrasing your opinions in a manner that doesn't make us want to bang our heads into a wall while fervently praying that we spontaneously combust into a million pieces of drinkable liquid the likes of which will fuel a rocket to the planet Zarrkkon home of the Scorpion King.
Thanks given by:
I don't think we should just out of nowhere just turn off 1.0 forever just like that, but neither should some refuse looking up and realizing one day or another, 1.0 will be over and 1.1 will carry on, just like 1.0 continued and left 0.93.

I agree with your gameplay whines; it's very different with the armor system, new weapon stats, carbine, etc..., but if you just repudiate playing 1.1 to see if the devs will cave in and just forget about 1.1 and say " Hell, let's go back to 1.0, who cares!", then it just won't happen.

I like 1.0, but I also like 1.1. At first like everyone, I wasn't that comfortable playing it, but later after letting myself get to know the version better and better, I kept liking it more until now I really enjoy it disregarding the fact it's still not 100% bug cleared.

Just do the same you did for .93. As far as I'm aware (the one time I downloaded .93 to check it out) the masterserver was down, but anyone could do a server so people could do little .93 parties and such.

Making it the same for 1.0. It will always be there for people to sometimes have their little parties to just remember the good ol' times, but please, please... Don't make the community break apart because some players don't want to play 1.1. Instead of attacking the game, we should help the game and the devs and play it a few more times a week, so if you find a bug you can contact the devs right here, and at the same time start getting used to the new gameplay so you don't start behind everyone.
Thanks given by:
RAW RAW FITE TEH POWA
Thanks given by:
I was afraid it'd take something like this to get y'all off your lazy butts to test 1.1 and file some bug reports.
So concentrate on actual bugs, i.e., things the devs did not intend to code into the game, unexpected behavior, etc. and stop whining about the preferential things they've implemented, since you've had the entire time in version 1.0 to voice your opinions on that.
Thanks given by:
I support 1.1 by the way. Just in case any you shimmies wanna fight... ::puts up dukes::
Thanks given by:
This discussion needs a bunny to cheer you guys up

[Image: dead-bunny.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13 Sep 10, 05:30AM)Emoposer Wrote: This discussion needs a bunny to cheer you guys up

[Image: dead-bunny.jpg]

WIN
Thanks given by:
O.O

NOT MY EASTER BUNNY!
(seriously, look at the eggs, twas the easter bunny.)
Thanks given by:
[quote='Emoposer' pid='14590' dateline='1284352217']
This discussion needs a bunny to cheer you guys up

Mod edit: Removed inappropriate image
So thats why the easter bunny never gave me any eggs?
Thanks given by:
To respond to all of your points Morgan:
I understand that people like 1.04, and they still want to play it, however, the devs have made a decision, and nothing is going to change their minds. It gets really tiring to go on the AC forums and see nothing but endless flamewars over and over and over again.
This issue (like the maprot one) has been beaten to death... much like the featured bunny in the above pictures.
Thanks given by:
Yes. Switch off 104 and start 93.
uasuhashuauhsahusaus
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 10, 10:56PM)ketar Wrote: Yes I don't like it and I'd prefer that it was that kind of people not coming here. Feel free to include yourself, in case, or not.

who are you and why should anyone care what your opinion is
Thanks given by:
i wanna get another day @ 0.93 .... :(
Thanks given by:
I never played 0.93. I just stick with 1.0.2
Thanks given by:
you are using 1.0.2 ?!
Thanks given by:
No, it's using me.
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 10, 03:10AM)MorganKell Wrote:

Would it really be AC?

just bright
Thanks given by:
Please ban this account as well :) http://forum.cubers.net/user-2600.html
Thanks given by:
why quote that whole thing
Thanks given by:
Is it really necessary for you to quote that? I mean, how fucking foolish are you? The spammer was repeatedly banned for posting it, you all should be too.
Thanks given by:
Did I do something wrong?
Thanks given by:
[spam removed]
Thanks given by:
I think you should keep the 1.04 servers. It still has all the fun custum maps that every one loves. It is pointless to kick players off the 1.04 server just because you think they are to lazy to use 1.1. Its like kicking people off the halo 3 server because Halo Reach came out, some people don't like AC 1.1
Thanks given by:
Its not like Halo at all. Halo 3 and Halo Reach are two separate games. This is still AC. 1 game, 1 community, and 1 version. Get it straight.
Thanks given by:
(21 Sep 10, 07:33PM)Dreamer Wrote: Its not like Halo at all. Halo 3 and Halo Reach are two separate games. This is still AC. 1 game, 1 community, and 1 version. Get it straight.

Then why do we have such a huge difference in opinions? Why disregard this fact?

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
Heh, if this were Halo you'd all be complaining about the AR overpowered and BR spread. Which would be related to AR overpowered and sniper spread/damage in AC. And people got over it.
Thanks given by: