Please, switch off 1.04 version
@grenadier
In 0.93 was community smaller, this comparison isn't fair. A&D_Shadow just disappeared from 0.93 server and everybody was asking where he is. And if he moved to 1.0, all other moved too. In 1.00 this personal level isn't so strong. There is more random players.

1. You must count also with rivalry between stef and the rest AC dev team.

2. Stef's servers don't care about custom maps so his argumentation has other motivations. He has blacklists almost for everything.

3. The change balance of the game between 0.93 and 1.0 was incredible too. Everybody was full of complaints but we all moved. I have still in fresh memory that flame wars. And also it was smg and sniper. Nades changed too. The count of changes from 1.0 to 1.1 is similar, they changed again almost everything.

And because many players stick in 1.0 version now, there is need for brute force because there is no A&D_Shadow who would lead them. The principle of the game is still the same.
Thanks given by:
but what about me?
ffs
Thanks given by:
"Also, a game like AC, an open source game made and played without paying anything for it, must not change so drastically! Why is that every new version of AC must be a new game?"

It's actually the same game i.e. notice how all versions have the name AssaultCube?

"It is not COD which MUST bring something COMPLETELY NEW with each NEW GAME they release because it is made for attracting more players to earn more money!"

First off you are right. It IS NOT Call of Duty. People pay to play COD and therefore demand new versions because of the money they put into it. We on the other hand are happy to accept what is given to us, and even happier to be have our input discussed and taken into consideration.

"Since when did AC become a paid-to-play game that it has the luxury of having so many "revolutions" in its game play? Maybe dev's are not quite sure about the game? Too many opinions? What is it? When will we, finally, have a stable AC version?"

Umm... we've had a stable version of the game for the past year? Roughly? So many revolutions? There has been one, repeat, ONE, since 1.0. It's called 1.1. Stable gets old, stable gets boring, especially in gaming. People want new versions, they want change. It's up to us to see that it is done in the best way possible, with the least damage to the structures of the old versions that are the heart of AC.

"When will we stop introducing new changes to the game play? You really cannot blame people for resisting against changes if every version was something new with new features and a new game play. Who wants a game that is so chaotic? Seriously..."

I'd actually like 2 nades per pickup, but that's just me. I understand where you're coming from and why you're fighting this the way you are. You've gotten used to 1.0.4. You love the weapons, the way it's played, the style, and the atmosphere of ownage. That's cool. I felt the same way in .93 where I'd lay waste to shimmies with a no-recoil SMG and all the maps were unclipped, which opened up lovely hidey spots, and so I fought. I fought tooth and nail and it got me nowhere. NOWHERE. The version, your 1.0, still came out, everyone played, and the rest is history. As for chaos... Chaos breeds winners. While I'd love to go back to .93 I know I can't. While you'd love to go back to 1.0, you can't. The majority of the ACers around have already switched to 1.1. Sure they may not like it, they may prefer other versions, but it is a move they have made not so much for the game but for the friends and the shimmies that have gone along also. If you play 1.0.4 that's fine, but any sense of actual atmosphere is slowly inexorably drifting away from it. You should either except the inevitable Neo, or change. There will likely come a time when hardly anyone plays 1.0.4. What will you do then? Play with your clan mates? While the devs host a masterserver just for you guys? I don't know what the future holds for me or |KH| but I do know that 1.1 is where we'll be.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for such a "tender" touch on the subject. Everyone! Lets go play 1.1 now!

... LOL

Some still refuse to realize the fact that 1.0 and 1.1 are different games. I don't care if the name is the same, if the sounds, textures, and other visual stuff is the same. It is just different: it requires new tactics, new strategy, new ways to defeat you opponent, get accustomed to the new weapon and new weapon balance. Why was that introduces in the first place? Why did we need it? What, weapons of 1.0 sucked? Were they too less? Unbalanced? What was it?

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
the community split you never wanted.. kind of like that wsw update, makke? ;>
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 10, 07:33PM)MusicMan10 Wrote:
(10 Sep 10, 05:34PM)P@ndel Wrote: Now, will you really spit, piss and shit on what people like only cause' you want 1.1? ;)

P@ndel

no but i'd spit, piss, and shit on you

MusicM@n10

can things like this be said? Are they tolerated?
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 10, 03:27PM)Alien Wrote: 1.1 version is long time out and the old version should be already dead. There is no sense to support splitting the community. Please devs switch off all services for 1.04 version!!

Fuck no, i wanna go play headshot city. YEAH, I CAN'T PLAY HEADSHOT CITY IN 1.1.

(10 Sep 10, 10:03PM)ketar Wrote:
(10 Sep 10, 07:33PM)MusicMan10 Wrote:
(10 Sep 10, 05:34PM)P@ndel Wrote: Now, will you really spit, piss and shit on what people like only cause' you want 1.1? ;)

P@ndel

no but i'd spit, piss, and shit on you

MusicM@n10

Dumlikeit, duntcumhere.
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 10, 07:47PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: Where did I say the weapon balance hadn’t changed?

You forget something, its the devs game, not yours.

Mmm... even if this is undeniable under a strict point of view, there is something in this statement that doesn't fully reach the point.

I guess that devs - as any other worker - pursue the success of their "product". In a place where there are not money transitions, the only way to measure the success is for sure the liking of the users. As a dev in a open source and freeware world I wouldn't be sure that thinking that the game is only "mine" could be a key to the success of my work. Like in UGC websites, they produce the container, but others own the contents. They work on the code, but without the players they own just a bunch of useless code-lines.

I am totally out of politics here. And I always supported Brahma (he knows that very well), but I am not sure that we are having a full success with the new version.

I am forcing myself to play it more and more. But I also try and see what is happening in a purely phenomenological way.
Tired of nade spam? Now we have a battle of shotgun.
This hasn't nothing to see with my skills (or someone else's): it's just what I see happening.
And this at the end has a deep impact on the fluency of the game, its speed, its *smoothness*. I always thought that those were the major attractions of the game. And I sincerely miss them in the new release.
[quote='P@ndel' pid='14082' dateline='1284136451']
Now, will you really spit, piss and shit on what people like only cause' you want 1.1? ;)

P@ndel

Quote:no but i'd spit, piss, and shit on you

MusicM@n10

Dumlikeit, duntcumhere.

Yes I don't like it and I'd prefer that it was that kind of people not coming here. Feel free to include yourself, in case, or not.
Thanks given by:
He was banned for a few days for that post, stay on topic plz.
Thanks given by:
If you keep refusing to play 1.1 you'll never get used to it. So move on already :D
Thanks given by:
C'mon ketar, don't get all serious business with me ;-) As long as nobody starts to talk about eating dead people, i think we can handle ourselves, just don't take it all seriouz.

Oh and there is a long way between having nade spam to deal with and having NO (usefull) NADES to use. Keep both versions.
NEVER GIBSTICK!
Thanks given by:
You can't take ezjemvile away from us.
Thanks given by:
Yes they can, and they eventually will. And still no good explanation.
Thanks given by:
When Halo ODST was released Halo 3 was still better. Can you still play halo 3 online?
Thanks given by:
Progress happens dudes.

Now or later, you will be forced to play 1.1, hate it or love it. So why should you make things even more complicated, just accept it and go on.
Thanks given by:
Again: The 1.0 lovers should all get together, raise some mulah and get their own MS going (if their wallet is big as their mouths, is not gonna be a problem), caus frankly, expect that the Devs are gonna expend hours discussing (much of 1.1's changes were discussed in these and in the old forums), coding and testing a new version to just go on supporting an older version is ludicrous. I'm glad that they are not, it proves that we don't have a stupid Dev team.

So you 1.0 winners have three options: make your own MS, play 1.1 and STFU or GTFO.
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 10, 02:26AM)Vermi Wrote: When Halo ODST was released Halo 3 was still better. Can you still play halo 3 online?

ODST included a disc with the Halo 3 multiplayer features + the DLC for it.
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 10, 03:27PM)Alien Wrote: 1.1 version is long time out and the old version should be already dead. There is no sense to support splitting the community. Please devs switch off all services for 1.04 version!!
I got a problem with switching off 1.0.
The simple reason is that 1.1 has to many bugs in it.
IMO this is a alpha/beta release and was forced on us to soon.

Shit, getting killed by a shot you dont even hear is way to hard for me to handle.

I really hop the bugs will be fixed as soon at possible so i also can enjoy the new and improved AC.

PS: Speaking as my self, not a AC mod.
Thanks given by:
man i get banned about 30% of the time i play 1.1
its too buggy atm.. i completely agree with os
Thanks given by:
1.0.4 has far better graphics than 1.1. It's as if you purposely dumbed them down just so you could release it early for someone special. Why? Why in the name of tarheel didn't try and transfer the same quality that you had in 1.0.4 to 1.1?? Would have been way easier to transition between versions...

=edit= I am ready for 1.1 but would like to see 1.0.4 treated with the respect it deserves.

=edit 2= I is playing V-Mang, it's just hard when your main shimmy isn't. :(.

=edit 3= At the time I typed this post I was drunk and angry. I am taking steps to rectify my drunkenness and will soon be able to whip out shimmy without pulling complete 360's. Danki.
Thanks given by:
LOL.
Look at all the drama.
Just play.

BTW, if you're trying 1.1.0.0 then of course you're going to see lots of bugs. Be sure to get the latest version.
Thanks given by:
I think we should keep both so then those who like 1.0.4 are happy and so are the people who like 1.1, personally I like 1.0.4 and will continue to play it.
Thanks given by:
Keeping both versions running is just splitting up the community in two and this discussion is the perfect example ... 1.1 ftw! even if there are bugs ...
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 10, 08:17AM)Robtics Wrote: Keeping both versions running is just splitting up the community

There is a reason why the community is split. It was split as never before. Stop ignoring this fact for once and talk about the facts...

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
I still consider 1.1 to be in it's "beta" (with lots of reports coming in every now and then) stage so it would make absolutely no sense to disallow 1.0.4. Keep it going for however long it takes to make 1.1 fully (100%) playable.

(11 Sep 10, 07:08AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: LOL.
Look at all the drama.
Just play.

BTW, if you're trying 1.1.0.0 then of course you're going to see lots of bugs. Be sure to get the latest version.
But with new mini-patches coming through every week, you can expect less than 5% (be lucky if it was even that) of the total players to have the "latest" version of AC.
Thanks given by:
Bugs are usually only found when ppl engage in testing. I remember quite well that when the SVN test phase was going on, very few dudes played, what of course, resulted in a bugy fisrt release. One of the reason for that lack of testing, was imo, the anti-cheat. Lots of ppl were afraid to not perform well in 1.1, thus being accused of cheat,but it also worked the other way around, lots of known cheaters in 1.0 were there everyday to show everyone that they are good players...
But anyways, once a stable release of 1.1 comes out, maintaining the 1.0 MS would be a very stupid and counterproductive move from the Devs, I'm quite sure they will not do that, so face the facts: If you wanna keep playing 1.0. you gonna have to come up with your own MS, if you not willing to do that: Bye-bye o/
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 10, 02:23PM)TheCrema Wrote: Bugs are usually only found when ppl engage in testing. I remember quite well that when the SVN test phase was going on, very few dudes played, what of course, resulted in a bugy fisrt release. One of the reason for that lack of testing, was imo, the anti-cheat. Lots of ppl were afraid to not perform well in 1.1, thus being accused of cheat,but it also worked the other way around, lots of known cheaters in 1.0 were there everyday to show everyone that they are good players...
But anyways, once a stable release of 1.1 comes out, maintaining the 1.0 MS would be a very stupid and counterproductive move from the Devs, I'm quite sure they will not do that, so face the facts: If you wanna keep playing 1.0. you gonna have to come up with your own MS, if you not willing to do that: Bye-bye o/

i disagree because the assault rifle is a long range smg
Thanks given by:
(11 Sep 10, 03:22PM)Undead Wrote:
(11 Sep 10, 02:23PM)TheCrema Wrote: Bugs are usually only found when ppl engage in testing. I remember quite well that when the SVN test phase was going on, very few dudes played, what of course, resulted in a bugy fisrt release. One of the reason for that lack of testing, was imo, the anti-cheat. Lots of ppl were afraid to not perform well in 1.1, thus being accused of cheat,but it also worked the other way around, lots of known cheaters in 1.0 were there everyday to show everyone that they are good players...

i disagree because the assault rifle is a long range smg
I disagree because the SMG is beast.
Thanks given by:
The divide in the community is not because of the release of 1.1. The divide has been there for much longer because of comments like this:

(11 Sep 10, 04:22AM)TheCrema Wrote: So you 1.0 winners have three options: make your own MS, play 1.1 and STFU or GTFO.

Instead of trying to remedy the situation, you TheCrema(And countless others), represent opinion as fact, assume you understand the motives behind others' actions, and routinely paint the supporters of 1.0 with the ignorant and illogical brush.

Currently, the only legitimate reason to move on to 1.1 is for the anti-cheats, which have yet to be refined properly. As of now, the downfalls of 1.1 outweigh the benefits of the anti-cheats in the eyes of the supporters of 1.0. The bugs are being worked out, but you can't expect players to download revision after revision just to see if their particular bug has been fixed.

If the cheating problem in 1.0 is so bad that you would demand players be forced to an unfinished 1.1 for the anti-cheats, where were you before 1.1 was released and we needed a solution? If it was that bad why have so few posed any legitimate solutions? Automated anti-cheats wasn't a revelation; I tossed that idea around back in .93. The ideas are out there but it looks like not enough people are actually discussing these things.
Thanks given by:
@ Mael

Just to be clear: I'm not assuming I understand yours or anyone else motives behind anything, I don't want to and couldn't care less about them. Now Mael, you the one who seems that is not understanding the facts behind these whole 1.0 x 1.1 thing:
Now If you read the whole posts here, you know by now that most of ppl here are bitching about changes in the game play and not the anti-cheat or some other bugs on 1.1 (according to most of them, 1.1 is a whole new game), a change in game play IS NOT A BUG and is not kicking anyone from servers due to anti-cheat bugs! These changes are probably not gonna change drastically with a stable release. Now let me remind some of you that these changes had been discussed in these forums for a long time, several ideas implemented in 1.1 came from the idea thread (you wrote there several times Mael).
So I'm merely stating what seems to be a fact: After a stable release, those who didn't like the changes in gameplay, even in a bug free 1.1, will still have only these 3 options (even if they sounding offensive to ya): make your own MS for 1.0, play 1.1 and STFU or GTFO.
Thanks given by: