Death barriers?
Is there a way to create a death barrier in AssaultCube?

I need the death barrier to create the feeling of dying after falling from a tall structure.

Anybody know how to create death barriers?
Thanks given by:
no.
Thanks given by: champo
It wouldn't be hard to do this feature, but I don't think the devs are interested (it's been suggested in the past).
Thanks given by:
(06 Nov 15, 08:13AM)JMM Wrote: It wouldn't be hard to do this feature, but I don't think the devs are interested (it's been suggested in the past).

Come on. After all, AssaultCube was meant to be realistic game, wasn't it? It'd be realistic if we took fall damage and died from falling from really high up.
Thanks given by:
(06 Nov 15, 09:07AM)BluffCreek Wrote:
(06 Nov 15, 08:13AM)JMM Wrote: It wouldn't be hard to do this feature, but I don't think the devs are interested (it's been suggested in the past).

Come on. After all, AssaultCube was meant to be realistic game, wasn't it? It'd be realistic if we took fall damage and died from falling from really high up.
Fall damage has also been brought up before long long time ago, devs said they had tried it but it didn't really fit in the game, and they didn't want it. I wouldn't mind it, but I'm not the one calling the shots.
Thanks given by:
(06 Nov 15, 12:52PM)JMM Wrote:

Fall damage has also been brought up before long long time ago, devs said they had tried it but it didn't really fit in the game, and they didn't want it. I wouldn't mind it, but I'm not the one calling the shots.

Don't call AssaultCube a realistic game if there is no falling damage, devs.
Thanks given by: Undead
Most AssaultCube maps aren't tall enough for fall damage to be a significant factor.
Thanks given by:
(06 Nov 15, 05:47PM)BluffCreek Wrote:
(06 Nov 15, 12:52PM)JMM Wrote:

Don't call AssaultCube a realistic game if there is no falling damage, devs.

"realistic environments"
Thanks given by:
(06 Nov 15, 07:28PM)DeafWhiteCat Wrote: Most AssaultCube maps aren't tall enough for fall damage to be a significant factor.

Uh, custom maps? Rooftop maps?
Thanks given by:
(06 Nov 15, 11:41PM)BluffCreek Wrote:
(06 Nov 15, 07:28PM)DeafWhiteCat Wrote: Most AssaultCube maps aren't tall enough for fall damage to be a significant factor.

Which aren't realistic environments. Such as yours for example. Or twintowers.
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 15, 08:15AM)Padfoot Wrote:
(06 Nov 15, 11:41PM)BluffCreek Wrote:

Which aren't realistic environments. Such as yours for example. Or twintowers.
Why does having realistic environments matter? It's freedom, in god's name!
Thanks given by: Undead
Why do you guys keep falling for this troll ffs
Thanks given by: Flint