CAWL Cup
Hi All,

Sorry for the long delay. After lengthy discussion with the Anti Cheat developers, the Linux version is underway. The following teams have signed up so far:

World Beaters
GaF
iR

Rules:

1 Sniper, 1 Assault Rifle, and 1 Shotgun/ Other Per Team

Capture the Flag

Players play one Knife Round to see which map the teams will play on (ONE KNIFE ROUND ELIMINATION)

Finals will be streamed on Twitch with CAWL Casters.

If at least 6 teams sign up, we will make it into Season 1, where each team plays one another twice. The top 4 teams of the league will then go into play offs and compete for a $30 Card for the whole team.

Additionally, the team will receive the first round pick for the CAWL AC Draft.

Thanks Cubers!

fast679
Thanks given by: Teapot
Could you explain the rules?
Thanks given by:
We need to talk about a map pool. I suggest these...

Desert3
Elevation
Gothic
Ingress
Mines
Shine
Sunset
Swamp
Urban
Werk
Thanks given by:
someone removed my post? uwotm8

FINALLY WE CAN BECOME PRO AC PLAYERS!

how does the knife round thingy work lol?
Thanks given by:
(27 Oct 15, 07:11PM)Marti Wrote: how does the knife round thingy work lol?

(27 Oct 15, 06:41AM)fast679 Wrote: Players play one Knife Round to see which map the teams will play on (ONE KNIFE ROUND ELIMINATION)

Whoever wins the knife round gets to pick the map..
seems quite self-explanatory
Thanks given by:
(27 Oct 15, 07:27PM)champo Wrote: Whoever wins the knife round gets to pick the map..
seems quite self-explanatory
it doesnt

he should explain it properly. stating 'players play one round to see which map the teams will play on' isnt the same as 'winner of knife round picks the map', e.g. it could also mean he has two maps set, i.e. ac_shine if RVSF wins or ac_sunset if CLA wins the knife round.

also judging by the rules i guess every team will consist of a Sniper, AR and SMG lol

edit:

i think team iR is gonna win, i mean look at that sexy roster
http://cawl.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/...57-team-ir
Thanks given by:
|BC| Will enter a team shortly ;)
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't it be fairer to make it BO3? i mean a lot of AC maps are one sided, and if both teams are fairly equal, the team with the better side will most definitely win. I think leaving it all up to one knife round wouldn't work well.

I say we just set it up clan match style. Simple, familiar, fair.

Also about the map roster i think the ability to use any official map should be allowed, but that's just my opinion.

And yeah like marti pointed out if you want to see weapon variety, that's not how you are going to accomplish it. The weapons are used accordingly (from most used to least used); SMG, Sniper, AR, Carbine, Shotgun. The last two kinda depends really.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your input! I will create a map pool based on the suggestion above. The rules will be on CAWL AssaultCube Forums. Feel free to comment on what you want to see!
Thanks given by: