New League Idea?
On top of what Duff said, here's what we can do:

1. Drafts: Official tryouts in which players can be scouted by top clans.

2. League Season: A weekly league season in which teams play each other twice. Top 4 teams proceed to finals to battle it out for prize.

3. 1 Sniper Mandatory, 1 AR, 1 other gun (to balance it out)

I run a league called CAWL and would love to support AssaultCube. Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea so we can begin a new league season and continuous cups and tournaments. I will also find a sponsor to get good prizes (gaming keyboards, mice, moneys).

Thanks AC!

fast679
cawl.webs.com

On top of that, we also are sponsored by an Anti Cheat! It is a smooth running Anti Cheat and we would love to allow AssaultCube to use it for other tournaments as well!
Thanks given by: Nemo , starix/A/ , MPx , xemi , Orynge , BaDMonkey , Graziano , .RayDen
let's do it
Thanks given by:
Nice idea
Thanks given by:
Seems like a interesting idea.
Thanks given by:
F1!
Thanks given by:
Would love if the automatic guns would be limited to one, so either a smg or an ar, not both.
Thanks given by:
We can do one automatic, one sniper, and one shotgun. Or the community can vote. I will be preparing the league this week and hopefully the season can start after Halloween.
Thanks given by:
I would much rather prefer if it were the original AR, sniper and other. Since if we can only choose an automatic you will see most people using the SMG over the AR
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 15, 07:22PM)BaDMonkey Wrote: I would much rather prefer if it were the original AR, sniper and other. Since if we can only choose an automatic you will see most people using the SMG over the AR

it will only be one player with smg, others are using other weapons, i dont see a problem? AR is more for long range, so is the sniper/carbine, so smg seems a more logical choice to me anyway
Thanks given by:
Sniper / SMG / AR is fine to me but we could replace one of the automatic weapons for a Shotty or Carbine.
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 15, 07:59PM)Marti Wrote:
(07 Oct 15, 07:22PM)BaDMonkey Wrote: I would much rather prefer if it were the original AR, sniper and other. Since if we can only choose an automatic you will see most people using the SMG over the AR

it will only be one player with smg, others are using other weapons, i dont see a problem? AR is more for long range, so is the sniper/carbine, so smg seems a more logical choice to me anyway

Yeah i agree with you actually sorry, i didn't explain myself well, i just meant that i think that shotgun shouldn't be mandatory, what i meant is that to add more variety, SMG and sniper should be the mandatory ones, because if they are in the "you choose which one to play with " slot, they will get picked 90% of the time (they are the 2 most used guns in the competitive scene). this way people can be more strategic on which gun to pick as their third, depending on the circumstances.
Thanks given by: