It Is a Shotgun
It needs spread.
Thanks given by:
It needs to be taken out of the game, and replaced with another concept.

Maybe a double barrel shotgun, intsa kill when close and got two chances. If one or two cubes afar, tickles on your vest.
Thanks given by:
thanks for your input
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 15, 11:21AM)RaverZ Wrote: It needs to be taken out of the game, and replaced with another concept.

Maybe a double barrel shotgun, intsa kill when close and got two chances. If one or two cubes afar, tickles on your vest.

No
Thanks given by: ironzorg
Never got used in CM's in 1.1, and gets major nerf for 1.2 :(

You could make it full auto with AR fire rate with the current version and it'd still be used less than SMG.
Thanks given by:
Overpowered in some publics (depends of the map and the amount of player on the server), balanced in the others, overly underpowered in matches except on some maps where it's only underpowered. The shotgun balance as always been a disaster, we can't say the contrary, its concept does not allow much balance possibilities.

I disagree with Mightmare here, I find the SG very powerfull at long range as it has 3 spread circles, if you are in the smaller one (if the SG aims well), it deals a lot of damages which I find unfair because it is a direct competition with the Carbine concept as the SG as a way faster rate of fire and official maps are kinda small. Since the SG update, the Carbine has become so situational it's almost impossible to play it in matches or in publics on maps with tons of pickups.

Thanks a lot Marti for the tons of arguments you gave here, maybe you have an idea on how we could fix the shotgun, but as you gave none while I am sure you think the shotgun should be fixed, I will start to think your head is as empty as your post.
Thanks given by: Oracle
(22 Aug 15, 02:27PM)ExodusS Wrote: Overpowered in some publics (depends of the map and the amount of player on the server), balanced in the others, overly underpowered in matches except on some maps where it's only underpowered. The shotgun balance as always been a disaster, we can't say the contrary, its concept does not allow much balance possibilities.

I disagree with Mightmare here, I find the SG very powerfull at long range as it has 3 spread circles, if you are in the smaller one (if the SG aims well), it deals a lot of damages which I find unfair because it is a direct competition with the Carbine concept as the SG as a way faster rate of fire and official maps are kinda small. Since the SG update, the Carbine has become so situational it's almost impossible to play it in matches or in publics on maps with tons of pickups.

Thanks a lot Marti for the tons of arguments you gave here, maybe you have an idea on how we could fix the shotgun, but as you gave none while I am sure you think the shotgun should be fixed, I will start to think your head is as empty as your post.

Countless times I've been "peppered" from afar, which I find as frustrating as I find fascinating. It shouldn't happen in any scenario, IMO.
I'm not expert on game balancing, but I'm sure Larry among other players have better ideas on what can be done.

Also:

Marti
Show this Post
The contents of this message are hidden because Marti is on your ignore list.
Thanks given by: Marti , Undead
(22 Aug 15, 02:27PM)ExodusS Wrote: Thanks a lot Marti for the tons of arguments you gave here, maybe you have an idea on how we could fix the shotgun, but as you gave none while I am sure you think the shotgun should be fixed, I will start to think your head is as empty as your post.

i think shotgun is fine (1.1 was way stronger, much easier), hence why i gave no arguments. really weird to not give arguments if i dont want anything changed no? have you ever thought about that possibility?

i can still do well with shotgun, but if you cant and want it changed, why would i agree? SG is so easy to use, people just use it wrong.

i like the passive agressive tone in your post tho, shows how much you like me.

edit: if you are looking for someone who's head is as empty as his posts, take a look at brett, alcohol killed his brain.

also raverz, even tho you cant read it: i couldnt care less
Thanks given by:
We need an atom bomb. When somebody steps on it, everybody but him gets killed. Respawns every 5 minutes lol
Thanks given by:
Perhaps distance ought to be a direct factor when calculating damage dealt? I may have suggested this quite a while ago in a broader balance discussion thread, however I don't seem to be sure enough. Apologies in advance if that turns out to be the case.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 15, 09:02PM)Marti Wrote: i like the passive agressive tone in your post tho, shows how much you like me.

Even if this is offtopic, this has nothing to do with how much I dislike you, but more because I am tired by the massive amount of useless posts you dropped on this forum.

EDIT: Even if I am sure Brett's heads won't work at its fully capacity anymore, IRL it's way better than what it seems on this forum.

@InitialSAW it was suggested a while ago (maybe by you, I don't remember where and who exactly) and it's probably the best idea I saw yet IMO
Thanks given by: Oracle
My only argument to the shotty is; when I shoot someone in the throat with a carbine they still run and strafe. I still get splatted from a great distance and the shotty peeps seem to fire faster still. WHAT gives. I use it as an equalizer in pubs, to no avail, most often than mo'e(w)
Thanks given by:
All of these posts seem to be correlating in the same world that they sprang from.. Fantasyland. I have a hard time killing someone up close and personal with the current shotgun because it couldn't spell S-P-R-E-A-D if it smacked the ass of an English teacher with a ping pong paddle
Thanks given by:
u have to aim the shotgun now unfortunately
Thanks given by:
I'd prefer a high spread shotty ultra powerful close range, below average mid range, useless long range.

It is a weird carbine wannabe right now, like Exo said.
Thanks given by: D3M0NW0LF , MorganKell , DogDancing
(26 Aug 15, 01:00PM)Nightmare Wrote: I'd prefer a high spread shotty ultra powerful close range, below average mid range, useless long range.

It is a weird carbine wannabe right now, like Exo said.

Tbh I'd love to see this implemented.

Thanks given by: MorganKell
Reality people. It's about reality. Competition is fine but not at it's current expense.
Thanks given by: D3M0NW0LF
(22 Aug 15, 11:21AM)RaverZ Wrote: It needs to be taken out of the game, and replaced with another concept.

Or you can MOD the game, which seems like a better option.
Thanks given by:
^ This guy is a mad troll
Thanks given by: