If you could nominate a player for the dev team, who would it be?
It's important to have the player opinions, but we'll have to do with the forum users.

This ones I think would be a cool addition:

Z3R0: Mapping

Undead: Mapping

Baruch: Coding

Sveark: Coding (Dude who ported LUA)

Mash: Coding

Slowoldman: Models

Please share the ones you think would be a great addition to the team!
Thanks given by: starix/A/
Larry: official tournaments
Thanks given by:
So you are nominating sveark for godlike skillz and coding?
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 15, 06:14PM)Mousikos Wrote: So you are nominating sveark for godlike skillz and coding?

Mistakes were made (coudln't remember his name when I made the list on my notepad), but have been since taken care of.
Thanks given by:
I calmly wait to see if anyone posts anything about a tournament.... plz larrylmao 
And idon't know if we can wait a year till sveark  gets back.
Thanks given by:
Slowoldman should have been made dev before cleaner or with cleaner.
But thats just what i think:D
Thanks given by: Nightmare
Luck: coding, mapping, models, tournaments
Thanks given by:
Undead: mapping

I honestly have no idea who are the coding gods right now, so I'm throwing some random names like Nihilanth, stef and...well, that's all
Thanks given by: TheNihilanth
(04 Aug 15, 06:47PM)Marti Wrote: Luck: coding, mapping, models, tournaments

Marti:Lan tourny at his house every month.
Thanks given by:
im afraid baruch lost patience and isnt among us anymore. also i heard he had some trouble irl. too bad he was a very cool lad and kinda skilled at coding (some tributes iCTF mode by baruch Baruch gema pro ).

sveark, larry, jpablon, skb, lucas, stef, grenadier are the only serious coders i can name.

zero for mapping yeah but lol ... mapping. dont make undead mapping dev, he hates depot and will ruin it. just take a look at iceroad and cavern.
Thanks given by: MorganKell
(04 Aug 15, 07:26PM)$w@rM3D* Wrote: dont make undead mapping dev, he hates depot and will ruin it. just take a look at iceroad and cavern.

Anyone is better than RK in mapping
Just see aqueous. Also, despite of being shit, Undead is still one of the most skilled mappers out there, along with Halo and the underestimated Boeufmironton who's probably gone
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 15, 07:01PM)*LuCk* Wrote: Marti:Lan tourny at his house every month.

No noobs allowed sorry
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 15, 07:26PM)$w@rM3D* Wrote: but lol ... mapping.

99% of the stuff on github are tiny changes that won't be noticed, or will be like 'oh thats nice' and ignored from that point on. Allowing Z3R0 or someone to go ham on the official map list would be a change larger than all of those small code additions. Though, yes, some things are more important than maps.
Thanks given by:
Mash +1
Thanks given by: +f0r3v3r+
(04 Aug 15, 07:54PM)Andrez Wrote: ... the underestimated Boeufmironton who's probably gone

I don't remember Boeufmironton maps but he made some kick ass mapmodels that should be official. imo
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 15, 05:46AM)MPx Wrote:
(04 Aug 15, 07:54PM)Andrez Wrote: ... the underestimated Boeufmironton who's probably gone

I don't remember Boeufmironton maps but he made some kick ass mapmodels that should be official. imo

Exactly^
I swear I remember two awesome maps he made, one industrial and another one Aztec themed, very similar to Exoduss' Palenque
Though I can't seem to find them on Akimbo :|
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 15, 09:27AM)Andrez Wrote: Though I can't seem to find them on Akimbo :|

http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=234
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 15, 07:26PM)$w@rM3D* Wrote: dont make undead mapping dev, he hates depot and will ruin it.

i don't hate depot, i like depot. why do you think i hate depot? i just think it can be improved. however, it would be difficult to do without actually breaking the map or turning it into a completely different map. i think you underestimate my intelligence and overestimate your own.

(04 Aug 15, 07:26PM)$w@rM3D* Wrote: just take a look at iceroad and cavern.

i made both maps better (although iceroad1.1 is still shit really), but whatever.
Thanks given by: MorganKell
Didnt he also make some harbour-like map with a ship?
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 15, 11:46AM)Marti Wrote: Didnt he also make some harbour-like map with a ship?
I think Shadow made it, but not sure whether we mean the same thing or not
Thanks given by:
regardless of who should be mapping dev or if there even should be, i think a mix of newer blood and older players would be good for the game. i think amongst a list of excellent candidates of older mappers, i think z3r0 is a good choice for a newer insight
Thanks given by: starix/A/
Boeuf comes back every now and then iirc. If you're interested in his stuff, L'enmerdeur's frozen_cavern is a pretty similar style, but I'm not sure how those maps play and I'd be on-board with Undead and Z3R0 overhauling maps while keeping core gameplay elements of the actual map.

Maybe include the edited maps and the original maps in the official package?
Thanks given by:
Jpablon is a master at coding but crazy temper. If mappers (not modders) are included as devs then everybody who made a map should be dev, same for tournament organizers.
Thanks given by: ElCrema
(06 Aug 15, 07:45PM)Z-karIuS Wrote: If mappers (not modders) are included as devs then everybody who made a map should be dev, same for tournament organizers.

Some "mappers" have any or almost any mapping skill, they are just mentioned in "The Team" because they helped a bit and it was not ethically correct to not mention them. I think beeing a mapping dev should be more a question of knowledges and technics, you must be able to fix bugs/glitches or at least know some tricks like below to show you understand how the engine works in overall. On another point you also must be able to see the map in a public/competitive way and know what are the best changes you can bring to the map, If I understand well, Z3R0 and Undead are on this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvhbFB1KA5o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsAMyeDJnds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3wq_iysz5E
Thanks given by:
A mapper isn't only a guy who knows the "tricks"
I know them too, but I don't consider myself a mapper, at least not the one meant for a dev role in the team. A MAPPER as I mean it to be a dev must be one that can actually create both nice-looking and perfectly playable maps. Undead, Halo, those are MAPPERS. I didn't check any of Z3R0's yet, but I guess he has some potential too

THIS IS THE HOLY GRAAL
Thanks given by:
The topic asks for developers, not communnity mappers nor tournament organizers. Check "The Team" link.
Thanks given by:
mapping developers aren't responsible for creating new maps; that responsibility lies on the community. what a mapping developer should be able to do is a) curate(is that the right word?) maps b) fix bugs/glitches on maps c) improve on current maps (as has been done by mapping developers in almost every other multiplayer game except AC). the ability to make maps pretty has almost zero relevance outside of the necessary technical skill required to be a mapping developer. RK is currently fulfilling none of these duties, so why not allow someone else to do his job (and as much as that replacement is 6 years late, its better to make the change now than never).

if anyone is worried about section c), both me and zero have the competency to put any changed maps to the community for feedback. from this feedback we can decide whether to incorporate the changes, amend the changes, or reject some or all of the changes completely. yes, that includes the changes i want to make to depot (the first change i submitted took 30 seconds and was experimental; it turns out making depot that short modifies the core gameplay too much (big surprise there). the problem appears to lie with the bases more than anything.
Thanks given by: DogDancing , Orynge , Oracle , sukablya , |HP| , HoeHunter , Z3R0
^Well said. @devs at least give them a chance? The risk-reward works in your favor, as even if they don't deliver it isn't going to hurt the game anymore than it is already.
Thanks given by:
I would just like to point out that there is more to being a mapping dev or a mapper for that matter then going around and trying to change the world. Going and changing someone's work to slap your name on it to make it look like some big thing you did for the community isn't always right (in same cases it can be right). There is more to it then that. I think before anyone should be considered for anything you should look at there history. Obviously you want someone who isn't too much collateral. Someone who has respect for others, for maps (or mods or scripts, whatever the dev spot is referring to), and respect for the game. I'm not here to blow my own horn and make it seem like I'm all of these, cause to be frank, I'm not. Constructive work from the inside out is a tad bit more efficient then tearing down just to rebuild. My point of view isn't changing maps that have been successful through multiple releases, but maybe fixing those that haven't been that still stick with the official title or fixing up maps to be an official title. That's just my 2 cents worth on the matter, but what do I know anyways.

For farther reading on a dev slapping his name on something just to build his credit, you can see RK's "helping" with a completed ac_urban, which was just more or less a change in base locations and apparently that deserved RK to get credit for a map. Personally, as a respect thing, I have always found it to be of good nature to contact a mapper before I did any work on his map. And while I am sure, some will say, yeah, but what if they aren't active. My reply to that is, try finding metl (the guy who made the cube maps with like names). I found him and waited nearly 10 months for a reply to my e-mail before I did any work with ac_metl3. If no reply, don't touch it is my opinion. Have some respect for someone else's hard work.
Thanks given by: Luc@s , Million , ReDBuLL
Halo, I believe the devs get permission to edit maps from the mapper when they get made official.
Thanks given by: