Is there a difference between linux and windows version of AC?
For some reason, when I'm playing in Windows, I can't move around corners even with the same mouse settings.
Thanks given by:
You have a very ambiguous question. Could be anything really.
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I'm not good at explaining things well. Same mouse, same computer really -- just different OS. I copied my settings over from linux, and I realized that while aiming feels the same for the most part, it feels like I lag when trying to move around a corner.
Thanks given by:
Do you have the same fps in linux and windows ?
Thanks given by:
had same issue in sauer with custom clients at my old pc (used windows 7 x64 iirc)
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 15, 04:02PM)Million Wrote: Do you have the same fps in linux and windows ?

Higher actually. I went from around 200-300 max fps on some maps to like 400-500 ish. I thought that would affect hax jump/aiming moreso than movement?
Thanks given by:
I had no trouble when I switched to windows ...
Are linux and windows mouse sens scaling the same?
Thanks given by:
1.3 sensitivity in AC
1000 dpi mouse

That never changed.
Thanks given by:
But changing mouse accelaration and speed in windows has an effect so it might be worth a compare
Thanks given by:
I could be wrong about this, but don't both operating systems apply their own mouse settings?

Find out how far you have to move the mouse to rotate the character 360 degrees in windows.
Then do the same in Linux.

Are they different?
Thanks given by:
I uninstalled linux. Arch doesn't like to be neglected/dual-booted as much.

Also wow. I turned off mouse acceleration in LGS too. Now I have to have a sens of 1.8 to make a 180... Can't hit anything.
Thanks given by:
Turning off mouse acceleration is a usually seen as a good thing.
Thanks given by:
takes a while to get used to
Thanks given by:
if you're going to use mouse acceleration (which is fine, provided you know what you're doing), disable it everywhere except in AC, and set the value in AC itself, otherwise its usually too inconsistent.
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 15, 07:06AM)Mousikos Wrote: I uninstalled linux. Arch doesn't like to be neglected/dual-booted as much.

Also wow. I turned off mouse acceleration in LGS too. Now I have to have a sens of 1.8 to make a 180... Can't hit anything.

Could you hit something before ? kk
When you change mouse settings It always takes some time to get used to it.

And about the linux/win diffference in general, could it come from the drivers ? They might be differents and handle things differently ?
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 15, 09:08AM)Robtics Wrote: takes a while to get used to

Accuracy is 20%

(04 Aug 15, 09:45AM)Million Wrote: Could you hit something before ? kk
Nope. But even more so now. XD
(04 Aug 15, 09:45AM)Million Wrote: And about the linux/win diffference in general, could it come from the drivers ? They might be differents and handle things differently ?
Dunno. I've only used a mouse in windows for minecraft and even so, not long before I switched over to linux. Linux generic drivers are generally seen to be really good, AFAIK.
Thanks given by: