Some changes in the dev team
(22 Jul 15, 05:31PM)SKB Wrote: Yes. It hasn't stopped you before.

Proof that anything comparable happened before please ?
Thanks given by:
Doesn't Lucas have git access?

Don't remember fully.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 15, 08:30PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Doesn't Lucas have git access?

Don't remember fully.

- Can't create a new repository
 - Not supposed to add so many major changes without agreement for the other devs - and i am not going to push these changes if they are never applied

Its obvious that you are against these changes anyway - you never showed any interest.
Thanks given by: Halte
AC is in decline. The status quo of development isn't going to reverse that. Maybe nothing will at this point, but it's better to try something bold instead of riding this slow, stifling, conservative train to AC's eventual death.

Let Lucas merge features liberally. Let Zero organize a team to improve maps. And let me run official tournaments occasionally.
Thanks given by: Halte , ReDBuLL , Mr.OpTic , MerCyKiL , Luc@s , .RayDen
(24 Jul 15, 02:17PM)Roflcopter Wrote: AC is in decline.

That's news. In all seriousness thought I feel like the decline is reversable though
Thanks given by: Orynge
@Hallte
Do one/more of these:
1. Fork it.
2. Support the forks/other_games that meet your needs and encourage others to do so.
3. Leave.
4. Suffer in silence (or not).

Dont any of these:
1. Force someone to do something against their will especially a person who have helped you (by making this game).

@Lucas
Now this is a very odd situation. You have a closed-source fork of the client and willing to open source it only if it makes into upstream. Why ? Why not just open source it ? May be the people who cant/dont want to contribute to AC may do so to your fork.
Thanks given by:
@meanduck.
1. cant translate and dont care
2. that's what im doing
3. i wont leave. im playing snce 5 years and that's a terrible advice you are giving to someone active.
4. noty maybe its your thing but now we need to speak up to make things change.
1. no idea what you are talking about and how you know the will of people who never talked to you or this community.

thats a very naive comment and u obviously have no idea how things work. i wont bother explaining them to you but since you cant do shit to the current situation i wont waste my time.
Thanks given by:
Wasn't AC originally opensource?
Thanks given by:
It always has been.
Thanks given by:
Dude Dog, we got this. These fools talking decline and they're half right but that's just because they're looking down from the massive fking mountain they've been straddling and subsequently raping the general noob-public from. You are all fking fools. AC may decline but it will never die. Listen to your noob selves. You think all the changes, EVERY one of the changes made in the past have been for the better, and you're wrong. The reason things are declining is because everyone thinks we MUST go forward at ALL COSTS. Newsflash. WRONG. Let's press E and enter Edit Mode on AC. What should stay? What should we change? What would best accommodate a growth in the playerbase, competitive or not? Pubs build competition. Without them..? What do you have? Nothing. Let's build the pubs from the ground up. We've got enough Vets around to keep things solid competitively so what is the problem? BUILD THOSE PUBS. Does anyone here look long term? I mean seriously...
(26 Jul 15, 06:37AM)MorganKell Wrote: Dude Dog, we got this. These fools talking decline and they're half right but that's just because they're looking down from the massive fking mountain they've been straddling and subsequently raping the general noob-public from. You are all fking fools.

"AC may decline but it will never die."
Decline is inherently negative whether or not AC lingers on for 10 years.

"Listen to your noob selves. You think all the changes, EVERY one of the changes made in the past have been for the better, and you're wrong."
No one said that.

"The reason things are declining is because everyone thinks we MUST go forward at ALL COSTS. Newsflash. WRONG."
If you're happy with the dwindling activity, then I understand why you want conservatism. But other people want more activity (and some new features).

"Let's press E and enter Edit Mode on AC. What should stay? What should we change? What would best accommodate a growth in the playerbase, competitive or not? Pubs build competition. Without them..? What do you have? Nothing."
Everyone agrees we need active pubs for competition.

"Let's build the pubs from the ground up. We've got enough Vets around to keep things solid competitively so what is the problem?"
Competitive play and pubs are both in decline.

"BUILD THOSE PUBS. Does anyone here look long term? I mean seriously..."
My suggestion aims to build pub activity.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 15, 09:10AM)Roflcopter Wrote: "The reason things are declining is because everyone thinks we MUST go forward at ALL COSTS. Newsflash. WRONG."
If you're happy with the dwindling activity, then I understand why you want conservatism. But other people want more activity (and some new features).

Conservatism? Legit? Since when have I been conservative? Ever? I'll give you a second. May take a couple dozen years, hookers, lines of cocaine, to figure out but don't worry. You'll get it sooner or later. I am talking keeping old things like "OPENING THE SERVER LIMIT TO ALLOW MORE PLAYERS TO PLAY" and the like. I am not talking a return to old game variants i.e. 1.0.4 and such. Competition is based off of pubs. More pubs. More competition. Maybe not competition to the standards so espoused by the randy dandy fraggatrons of current times, but competition based on a will to fight, a will to MAP, oh shit Zarj would suck a nugget right now, and a will to throwdown. Get out of the number counting, hot stuff command hoarding, and let's open yourselves up to the straight "I know how to connect to a wideo wame Mawmma!" newbs.

I don't know. There are changes that have been made over the past so many years that I feel are responsible for the loss of players and while I would like to see them reversed it's unlikely that it would serve any useful purpose mainly because there are so few people still around from back then. The current players are all products of the era we find ourselves stuck in today. If a playerbase is what we want built then we need embrace the fun of AC. To ask new players to connect and immediately face hardened battle-tested veterans is akin to throwing them in a sharktank wearing a meat necklace. There are some bigger, legitimately made, and very nice maps out there that we rarely see played simply because there are not enough players to make it any fun. Even a full 10v10 is barely enough to play some of them. That is why I earnestly want servers opened up to hold more. Someone connects after a long day of work or whatever they do, they don't want to go straight into a highly competitive game. Odds are they'll want to relax and find their groove. It might take them a couple dozens games to trace the smoothness in their SMG and the cradle-rocking of their strafe. Other times they just want to have fun. Sheer, uninhibited fun. People connect to video games for an escape from reality. AC has ridden that fence well but lately it's been tending to much towards realism and competition. Allow big game pubs. 20v20. You will see an increase in players. Not at first, but as word gets out about this really cool game that is not full of freaky alien things, numbers will increase.
Thanks given by: +f0r3v3r+
Which repo is now the "official" assaultcube repo (from which the official releases are built) and who has access to it? Also, if I were to contribute to AC, which repo should I contribute to?
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 15, 10:41AM)JMM Wrote: Which repo is now the "official" assaultcube repo (from which the official releases are built) and who has access to it? Also, if I were to contribute to AC, which repo should I contribute to?

Please use "next" branch, new version will base on it: https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/tree/next .
Thanks given by: +f0r3v3r+ , PhaNtom , JMM
(21 Jul 15, 09:52PM)SKB Wrote: That's your pet project, and not actual work on AC itself.

Its not because some people like you don't want it to become official.
Thanks given by: