[split] Masterserver not replying
I'm having the same problem. I can see the server list but when I do try to connect to any server, a message comes up at the top right saying that the master server isn't replying. I've deleted my saved.cfg file to see if that would work. It did not. Any other ideas I could try? Perhaps I'd need to PM my computer specs if it's a really serious problem that would need to be looked into?
Thanks given by:
So I've tried almost everything I know and nothing seems to work. The server list doesn't load up anymore. I do have a Mac but I've deleted the saved.cfg file countless times.. can anyone help me out here?
Thanks given by:
create your own thread skrillex.

maybe someone could whitelist his IP?
Thanks given by:
(05 Jul 15, 12:08AM)Halte Wrote: create your own thread skrillex.

maybe someone could whitelist his IP?

I'm just looking for an answer and I found an appropriate thread I can post in. Do I really need to create a WHOLE new thread for the same problem I'm experiencing?
Thanks given by:
maybe youre caught in a range ban
Thanks given by:
Yes because ced is actually banned and I'm working to help him in PM. Your issue isn't a ban.

Edit: the following assumes windows
X-Ray_Dog Wrote:Open your main ac folder and look for a file called assaultcube.bat in your /assaultcube folder. Right click and edit the file with notepad. Inside the file should look like this:
start bin_win32\ac_client.exe --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5

Change it to look like this:
start bin_win32\ac_client.exe --mastertype=0 --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5

Then save the file. Make sure it saves by closing and reopening the file. Now try and access the masterserver.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jul 15, 02:47PM)Marti Wrote: maybe youre caught in a range ban

Caught in a range ban? What's that and am I banned? If so, why? By the way, I have a Mac
Thanks given by:
(05 Jul 15, 05:19PM)Skrillex Wrote:
(05 Jul 15, 02:47PM)Marti Wrote: maybe youre caught in a range ban

Caught in a range ban? What's that and am I banned? If so, why? By the way, I have a Mac
xrd said you aren't banned, disregard what marti said
Thanks given by:
(05 Jul 15, 05:19PM)Skrillex Wrote: Caught in a range ban? What's that and am I banned? If so, why? By the way, I have a Mac

Its fine, we're not going to ban you just because you own a Mac
:D

whats your in game name ? what if you set it to, lets say "test" (/name test) and try to fetch the server list.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jul 15, 08:14PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(05 Jul 15, 05:19PM)Skrillex Wrote: Caught in a range ban? What's that and am I banned? If so, why? By the way, I have a Mac

Its fine, we're not going to ban you just because you own a Mac
:D

whats your in game name ? what if you set it to, lets say "test" (/name test) and try to fetch the server list.

My in-game name is {KK}Skrillex. I'm trying the test thing now. It hasn't worked
Thanks given by:
nah you should be fine with this name.
maybe some firewall issue
Thanks given by:
Quote:I can see the server list but when I do try to connect to any server, a message comes up at the top right saying that the master server isn't replying.

This is everything with the master type. If you can set your client argument with --mastertype=0 I guarantee it will work.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jul 15, 08:46PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote:
Quote:I can see the server list but when I do try to connect to any server, a message comes up at the top right saying that the master server isn't replying.

This is everything with the master type. If you can set your client argument with --mastertype=0 I guarantee it will work.

How do I do that?
Thanks given by:
I have no idea how the mac one works. On linux if it's anything similar, you edit your assaultcube.sh file and on the line where it says
CUBE_OPTIONS="--home=${HOME}/.assaultcube_v1.2 --init"

You would change it to
CUBE_OPTIONS="--home=${HOME}/.assaultcube_v1.2 --mastertype=0 --init"
Thanks given by: