General remark about ACWCs (and other tourneys)
For the past few years we had troubles to get some teams playing their matches, which is really annoying as it makes it much harder to follow the tournament and it doesn't really encourage other events.

Several explanations are usually advanced as excuses by either the players or the organizers, which include "personal reasons", "lack of activity in AC", but the one and truth reason is just lack of commitment. 

If someone is too busy to find an hour or two to play the game, why is he registering to a tournament in the first place ? From the past ACWC it looks like the organizers favor quantity over quality, and thus accept teams which never proved their ability to play all their matches.

First, i would rather have a smaller amount of teams participating, if all of them could actually play their matches. Then they could play BO3 rather than BO1 (BO3 = max two hours in AC if you include 30 minute idle time in the case of full time halves (15 m), so come on its really doable, not to mention BO3 mean a lot more than BO1). If it requires a preliminary qualification process (which will naturally drop teams who can't advance because they lack organization) then go for it

Teams should provide their availability while registering or make themselves ready when require if the tournament have a specific schedule. If they can't do that, they should not be able to play. If a match date is decided and a team doesn't show up when it should have, then it should be disqualified. If a team proved during past tournaments that it was unable to follow these basic rules then other teams should be considered in priority over it if there is a selection process. This includes the teams that voluntarily mess with the organizers ruining everyone enjoyment.

Finally, i know organizing a tournament is difficult making it hard to deal with this aspect of things, so we've been studying automatized tournament organizations (tree generation and all that stuff), so the organizers can focus on the real stuff. If you want to discuss that, please PM me.
Thanks given by: yopa , Orynge , starix/A/
I like the idea of making team game modes last for 10 minutes instead of 15, but I think that's just me.
Thanks given by: Nightmare
I don't think it's about the time amount. it's the lack of interest of the few players. Look Unbreakable Tournament. Don't tell me they don't have time to play the final because some of them applied for the acwc.
Thanks given by: Undead , -Subjective
Lol mpx my team has been on for like 10 hours a day, i asked endgame 100 times, he never asked us when we could play. Dont blame all your players lol
Thanks given by: Nightmare
aham. Lean and Hernan didn't show interest to play the acwc match.
Thanks given by: starix/A/
I like ACWC, although I'm not involved, I love how organised and civilised everyone is. I like competitive tournaments.

One thing I would like to ask, and this one puzzled me since I've looked high and low through the forums, but has anyone suggested a Clan Cup? A tournament for verified and active clans? That would be amazing and nobody would have to worry about numbers because most clans have lots of trusted members.

I know tournaments are hard to organise and run, I understand. But it would be really nice for this idea to be taken under consideration for the future. To me and a few others, it seems like a good idea, hardly any cons about it other than time spent! ;)

Thanks for reading!
Thanks given by:
^: There have been hundreds in the past. I was thinking a "World Championship" type thing would be a good idea during winter, though.
Thanks given by: MorganKell , Mise"
AC Christmas Cup ?
Thanks given by: Mise"
I like the idea of an AC Clan Championship or AC Open. Do something along the lines of the World Chess Championships or their Open tournaments. Can't stand the ACWC. While I totally see the opportunity to play with shimmies not in your clan is AMAZING, I really don't like any of the shimmies not in my clan. (minus various sexy bodies smattered around AC). I'd love the opportunity to play in a modernized tournament based on say, the DES Open, from ages past. Quite the line-up showed up for that one.
(07 Jul 15, 09:03PM)Marti Wrote: AC Christmas Cup ?

We may bring back B} leagues in the fall/winter depending on interest, not sure yet though
Thanks given by: Marti
(08 Jul 15, 09:29AM)Oracle Wrote:
(07 Jul 15, 09:03PM)Marti Wrote: AC Christmas Cup ?

We may bring back B} leagues in the fall/winter depending on interest, not sure yet though

G0O00OO0O0O0O00O000oo00oo00o00oO00O0, please!
(07 Jul 15, 07:03PM)MPx Wrote: aham. Lean and Hernan didn't show interest to play the acwc match.

Yup, blame me.
(06 Jul 15, 11:13AM)Marti Wrote: Lol mpx my team has been on for like 10 hours a day, i asked endgame 100 times, he never asked us when we could play. Dont blame all your players lol

The only one who have talked to me about playing the final of U tournament is waffles. We can play whenever/wherever you want. We couldn't play two weeks after our final game because xemi had some stuff to do and we couldn't get a third. Then, we simply forgot it. You didn't show interest either. I always ask you to play, why didn't you mention the final game of U tournament? I get easily in touch with RayDen, xemi is usually on too. Bring it on, whenever/wherever you want.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 15, 05:42PM)EndGame Wrote: You didn't show interest either. I always ask you to play, why didn't you mention the final game of U tournament? I get easily in touch with RayDen, xemi is usually on too. 
The last time anyone other than Marti talked to me about the U| tournament was in april. I'm happy to finish it, but I'm not going to ridiculous lengths to do so.
Thanks given by:
Lol, back when waffles contacted i even pm'd you first, then i said 'nvm i see waffles is gonna pm you'

Anyway, bring it onnnn if we are all on
Thanks given by:
I can see where you coming from on this lucas.
But maybe its me but in there is there a league maybe xd.
A small amount of clans play a league and say who does not turn up forgoes some points, or better still the team that did show up just gets allocated the points.

Seems silly to me all these competitions when everyone is busy with school, work , holidays etc
Gwelch, read, and see they are probably bringing back the B} leagues
Thanks given by:
ahhh perhaps I got bogged down by the other comments about acwc etc.
No matter. I still think atm there is too much emphasis on competitions.
A league makes sense.