[split] AC Match Client shittalking
(22 Jan 15, 04:55PM)kaz Wrote:
(22 Jan 15, 12:36PM)Luc@s Wrote: Of course, if someone is willing to help us hosting top quality servers, i'll take it, but nobody has done it so far.

(18 Jan 15, 12:29AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Can I host a server for a closer-to-the-us server?

we have a US server coming soon already
Thanks given by:
This does not stand a chance of succeeding. ;) You can give up. If the code is not open will be the overall decline and end of your credibility ... if you still have any.

Unfortunately this attitude only means one thing ... the game turned into a mess. Developers no longer interested in taking this project seriously .. now all party !!! It's a shame to be seeing this ...
Thanks given by:
(23 Jan 15, 02:04AM)1Cap Wrote: This does not stand a chance of succeeding. ;) You can give up. If the code is not open will be the overall decline and end of your credibility ... if you still have any.

Unfortunately this attitude only means one thing ... the game turned into a mess. Developers no longer interested in taking this project seriously .. now all party !!! It's a shame to be seeing this ...

Pure brilliance. 
Thanks given by: DeafieGamer
(23 Jan 15, 02:04AM)1Cap Wrote: This does not stand a chance of succeeding. ;) You can give up. If the code is not open will be the overall decline and end of your credibility ... if you still have any.

The code is open to everyone contributing. If you want the code, but don't want to contribute, you won't get it.
Moreover, if the binaries are used for a tournament, the organizers might not want the code to be open (cf. 2012/2013 ACWCs).
Thanks given by:
(23 Jan 15, 09:00AM)Luc@s Wrote: The code is open to everyone contributing. If you want the code, but don't want to contribute, you won't get it.

why?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 15, 06:39PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(22 Jan 15, 04:55PM)kaz Wrote:
(22 Jan 15, 12:36PM)Luc@s Wrote: Of course, if someone is willing to help us hosting top quality servers, i'll take it, but nobody has done it so far.

(18 Jan 15, 12:29AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Can I host a server for a closer-to-the-us server?

we have a US server coming soon already

I don't have any hosts in the U.S.
Thanks given by:
And what prize will be for registration ? I just dont believe this guy since he has been checking logs during our clan match. If the developers dont believe this project as open source, they should close it.
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 15, 06:10PM)Alien Wrote: And what prize will be for registration ? I just dont believe this guy since he has been checking logs during our clan match. If the developers dont believe this project as open source, they should close it.
We do not care about your opinion, you are not a competitive player. (and you are not willing to play competitively any way)
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 15, 06:10PM)Alien Wrote: And what prize will be for registration ? I just dont believe this guy since he has been checking logs during our clan match. If the developers dont believe this project as open source, they should close it.

And about me Lucas? I'm competitive and willing to play! ;)
1 x 1? anytime / anywhere... ? 
Default opensource client of course!!!
Not in a w00p server ofc!

* If a Dev dont care about a forum members in a well founded comment...so... we are in a sinking boat ...
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 15, 08:24PM)1Cap Wrote: If a Dev dont care about a forum members in a well founded comment...so... we are in a sinking boat ...
I am actually implementing the features requested by the community. Your comment is total crap, again.
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 15, 08:35PM)Luc@s Wrote: I am actually implementing the features requested by the community.

and what if the community requests it to be opensource?
Thanks given by:
If they don't trust me after what i've done well they can gtfo. We are looking for people who are actually motivated to build something, rather than people who just want to complain on the forums about how things we deliver them for free and which aren't exactly how they would like them to be.
Thanks given by:
http://assault.cubers.net/docs/license.html

Quote:PLEASE NOTE: This license is for the entire UNMODIFIED AssaultCube package(s). You may choose to disect, and use or redistribute, etc. pieces of AssaultCube, instead of the entire package(s) if you wish. HOWEVER, you must adhere to the license specified for that particular data. If no license is specified, you MUST assume that the data is COPYRIGHT and you are NOT allowed to redistribute that data outside of an UNMODIFIED AssaultCube package(s).
I don't think Lucas is violating any of these, just saying. AC is freeware not open source, it seems. Unless there's a more up to date license somewhere?
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 15, 11:39PM)Luc@s Wrote: We want people to try it until its completely finished.

Will it become open once testing is done and it's finished?
Thanks given by:
[Image: 02358c778e32392dcc3534fd58cc313c617f51ba...084b84.jpg]
Thanks given by:
this is not AC match client its w00p match client , right?
Thanks given by:
This is w00p client, right?
Not AC client.
Be clear.
Thanks given by:
Nobody have mentioned that, once the source is public, someone ("someone") could literally steal the work done to create his own client?

Larry, your behavior disgusts me here, all you do is encourage people to not use a client that required a lot of work, using a poor argument about how harmless a client could be even if you know it is safe.

EDIT: 1Cap
[Image: Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg]
Thanks given by: DeafieGamer
[Image: xmkj.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have mentioned before that I think this is a good idea. I stand by that. This is a good idea. These features are good. I would personally like to see at least some of these features (pausing when a player leaves a server in whilst mastermode is match) incorporated into the main AC binary. It's nice, and I do trust Lucas (kinda), but I'd like to make sure it's not doing things other than it's meant to. I've never really trusted 3rd party things ever since ESEA tried to use it's gaming client to mine bitcoins for the company.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 15, 12:00AM)1Cap Wrote: [Image: xmkj.jpg]

crossfire?
Thanks given by:
What is this? Why is this here? When did I make this thread? Why did I make this thread? Is this a real thread? Am I tripping?
Thanks given by: Bullpup
(30 Jun 15, 05:58AM)MorganKell Wrote: What is this? Why is this here? When did I make this thread? Why did I make this thread? Is this a real thread? Am I tripping?

I split the threads in two. One thread is for serious discussion and suggestions about the match client. This thread is dedicated to useless shittalking about it.
Thanks given by: MorganKell
With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue.

Luc@s continues to break the forum rules (rude to most everyone) as well as the open source (Res ipsa loquitur) spirit of this once great community, and no one can real him in before his head wont fit thru his front door

No respect.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 15, 04:37PM)Bullpup Wrote: With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue.

Luc@s continues to break the forum rules (rude to most everyone)
Because people are rude with me in the first place. If you have any example of someone i've attacked for no valid reason, please show me.
I've only provided a client here and been insulted for it. According to you i shoul djust accept it and shut i.
(30 Jun 15, 04:37PM)Bullpup Wrote: as well as the open source (Res ipsa loquitur)  spirit of this once great community, and no one can real him in before his head wont fit thru his front door
No respect.
None of the ACWC clients were ever open source without you caring. If you want the match client to be merged into AC, help me doing that by telling the devs why its good; if i don't get any kind of support, its not gonna happen.
If you also can't understand i don't want this project to be denatured before it is more advanced, that might be because you were never involved into such a project.
Thanks given by: champo
(30 Jun 15, 04:37PM)Bullpup Wrote: "With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue."

No respect.

Pup, please come back. Swing Depot Left with me even if no one else will. We have the startings of a clan again but shit, what's it without that Depot Left?
Thanks given by: