1.3 Wishes
(19 Jul 15, 05:00AM)Oracle Wrote: Then why not give them a chance?!

At the rate this game is continuing to slowly die, so something must be done. If zero and dd fail then hey, the game will continue as is. If they succeed, then this game could see a spike to continue its longevity. I know you're decent at maths Lucas so you can see the risk (or lack thereof)-reward at play here.
The "why not give them a chance" argument could apply to every single human being, for the 10th time, there is more to take into consideration.

I would not mind adding zero to the team if he was very clear about what hes planning, but remember that as far as something is limited to maps its not going to have tremendous effect.

Finally, i have no idea why no other dev is answering this question as this is not my responsibility and they would probably not listen to my opinion anyway.
Thanks given by:
Is it true that only Aerke/Kiwi have power to give someone else github access?
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 15, 10:13AM)Luc@s Wrote: I would not mind adding zero to the team if he was very clear about what hes planning, but remember that as far as something is limited to maps its not going to have tremendous effect.

Why do you say that?

The way I see it is this: a new player downloads the game, and one of the first impressions of the game comes from seeing his/her surroundings upon starting it, i.e. the map.

AC has long held its appeal for being widely available to players who use all sorts of machines, from high end to low end, and everything in between.

However, today with plenty of other online FPS games, the low graphics that made the game so widely available are now starting to not work in the game's favor

That said, there are at least a few mappers who have been able to take the tools that the game's mapping engine has given them, to create some maps that are not just visually appealing, but also suitable for gameplay as well.  Many of these don't see the light of day because its so hard to get custom maps recognized outside of a select few server rotations (rip BoB custom server), so having Zero (and dogdancing too perhaps) work on bringing these viable maps to the possibility of official inclusion could only help bolster that first impression.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, that's just the way I see it.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 15, 10:13AM)Luc@s Wrote: I would not mind adding zero to the team if he was very clear about what hes planning, but remember that as far as something is limited to maps its not going to have tremendous effect.

Alright. Guess I'll list a few things. Maps do have a large impact on the game however, if CS:GO was exactly as is with only generally boring and ugly maps to play competitively then I doubt it'd be nearly as popular. I'm not just talking about 1 or 2 maps either, I'm willing to work on each current official map individually if it need be.

1. Fix maps - Few of the current official maps aren't as good as they could be gameplay-wise. Just small edits like fixing narrow angles and balancing out the map. Make them more fun overall. As little changes to aesthetic as possible. As a mapper I know how it might feel for someone to edit your map with huge changes, but for the sake of keeping players around shifting pickups and moving doors a few cubes seems reasonable.

2. Test and add competitive maps - We got a lot of fine public maps but the competitive scene has been circling the same 5 or so maps since I've joined, with the occasional annoying biased map thrown in. New maps, tested with a team of good players (don't know who yet, don't ask) multiple times and stuff like that.

3. Removing old maps - This would be ideal. I get how anything could be added at the start of AC when there weren't as many maps as there are today, but now there are loads of maps and of higher quality. I can cope without this but some of the official maps don't set the standard for good custom maps in gameplay or aesthetic so that's a little strange.

4. Add public maps - If we get around to removing the unplayed maps then I suppose some nicer pub maps could be added. Akimbo is littered with them so honestly this is pretty easy. Just need to vote them in pubs to test or set up some kind of testing server on the ms. Think we could have a server that's always at the top of the ms with a custom rotation testing public maps for the next version? That'd be nice.

5. New ideas - Got plenty of new ideas that I could discuss with you and other devs that could really improve map quality, of course I wouldn't be able to code them so that's completely dependent on how much is going on with other projects. Stuff like death clips would be incredibly useful for AC, like how it's impossible to make cliff faces or nice bridges without people falling off the world and getting stuck or invisible walls stopping you. Blue sky thinking and all that. This is totally last on my list of things to do and obviously up for discussion with devs and the community.

What else can a mapping dev do? That's about all I can think of at the moment.
Thanks given by: Nightmare , Vanquish , |HP| , quico , Undead , It's L'enmerdeur
(19 Jul 15, 05:42PM)Oracle Wrote: Why do you say that?

The way I see it is this: a new player downloads the game, and one of the first impressions of the game comes from seeing his/her surroundings upon starting it, i.e. the map.

AC has long held its appeal for being widely available to players who use all sorts of machines, from high end to low end, and everything in between.

However, today with plenty of other online FPS games, the low graphics that made the game so widely available are now starting to not work in the game's favor

That said, there are at least a few mappers who have been able to take the tools that the game's mapping engine has given them, to create some maps that are not just visually appealing, but also suitable for gameplay as well.  Many of these don't see the light of day because its so hard to get custom maps recognized outside of a select few server rotations (rip BoB custom server), so having Zero (and dogdancing too perhaps) work on bringing these viable maps to the possibility of official inclusion could only help bolster that first impression.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, that's just the way I see it.

Would be cool if it was true, now look at the server list and check what maps are being played the most. Maps that most decent mappers would agree upon saying they're shit. (camper@camper etc.)

As long as everything is mixed up you can make the best official maps, it won't change this situation. AC is such that its current audience consists in people who are not coming to play the game "we" (in this section) like, they come to play swat silent days (it used to be better by the way, they ruined it with stupid floating bridges wtf.)

I would like to add that making a map "official" consists in technical stuff and procedures that are not related to mapping itself at all.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 15, 09:54PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Alright. Guess I'll list a few things. Maps do have a large impact on the game however, if CS:GO was exactly as is with only generally boring and ugly maps to play competitively then I doubt it'd be nearly as popular. I'm not just talking about 1 or 2 maps either, I'm willing to work on each current official map individually if it need be.
Again, most AC players ATM play shitty maps. Because AC is such that it attracts this kind of players. OK, your maps are better than these shit maps, but as long as the game remains the same, most of its players won't enjoy them anyway, they are not what they are looking for.

(19 Jul 15, 09:54PM)Z3R0 Wrote: 1. Fix maps - Few of the current official maps aren't as good as they could be gameplay-wise. Just small edits like fixing narrow angles and balancing out the map. Make them more fun overall. As little changes to aesthetic as possible. As a mapper I know how it might feel for someone to edit your map with huge changes, but for the sake of keeping players around shifting pickups and moving doors a few cubes seems reasonable.
Changing the gameplay of existing maps is something you cannot do on your own even as a dev (fortunately!)

(19 Jul 15, 09:54PM)Z3R0 Wrote: 2. Test and add competitive maps - We got a lot of fine public maps but the competitive scene has been circling the same 5 or so maps since I've joined, with the occasional annoying biased map thrown in. New maps, tested with a team of good players (don't know who yet, don't ask) multiple times and stuff like that.
Yes, nobody is against that. However, remember that 25+ competitive maps isn't good for competition. There will always be some stupid maps that people vote because they are the only ones to play it and they beat much better teams on it thanks to that. Which leads me to the need for veto process in clanwars/inters and the need for a competitive platform, which nobody here wants to discuss apparently...

(19 Jul 15, 09:54PM)Z3R0 Wrote: 3. Removing old maps - This would be ideal. I get how anything could be added at the start of AC when  there weren't as many maps as there are today, but now there are loads of maps and of higher quality. I can cope without this but some of the official maps don't set the standard for good custom maps in gameplay or aesthetic so that's a little strange.
Some maps shouldn't be removed just because you think they are not as good as yours lol. Anyway i gave my view on this several times : the list of official maps should only be a "set to start with", some standards and reference that arenot necessarily meant tobe played competitively. Removing a map from this list makes no sense, its just a few KB and if you dont like a map just dont' play it.

HOWEVER - i want a list of map & modes combinations, that are "officially supported" and suited for competitive gameplay. THis list would restrict maps to the modes they were made for (e.g. ctf and htf for ac_shine, and dm/surv for ac_desert for instance), and also would restrict the competitive map pool to a shorter list so that the teams play all of them more which would result in a higher quality gameplay.

(19 Jul 15, 09:54PM)Z3R0 Wrote: 4. Add public maps - If we get around to removing the unplayed maps then I suppose some nicer pub maps could be added. Akimbo is littered with them so honestly this is pretty easy. Just need to vote them in pubs to test or set up some kind of testing server on the ms. Think we could have a server that's always at the top of the ms with a custom rotation testing public maps for the next version? That'd be nice.
thats precisely what official maps, that are not in the comp. pool are supposed to be, as i wrote above

(19 Jul 15, 09:54PM)Z3R0 Wrote: 5. New ideas - Got plenty of new ideas that I could discuss with you and other devs that could really improve map quality, of course I wouldn't be able to code them so that's completely dependent on how much is going on with other projects. Stuff like death clips would be incredibly useful for AC, like how it's impossible to make cliff faces or nice bridges without people falling off the world and getting stuck or invisible walls stopping you. Blue sky thinking and all that. This is totally last on my list of things to do and obviously up for discussion with devs and the community.

What else can a mapping dev do? That's about all I can think of at the moment.

http://ac-akimbo.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=30

e.g. http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=840

you know these discussions already take place on akimbo
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 15, 10:10AM)Luc@s Wrote: Again, most AC players ATM play shitty maps. Because AC is such that it attracts this kind of players. OK, your maps are better than these shit maps, but as long as the game remains the same, most of its players won't enjoy them anyway, they are not what they are looking for.

People prefer shitty maps over official maps. Get better official maps. This has nothing to do with my maps, none of them should be made official at the moment.

(20 Jul 15, 10:10AM)Luc@s Wrote: Changing the gameplay of existing maps is something you cannot do on your own even as a dev (fortunately!)

Changing gameplay room by room in each map makes the map more fun overall. And you can fix map bias dramatically with a collection of slight changes and compromises. I can do this.

(20 Jul 15, 10:10AM)Luc@s Wrote: Yes, nobody is against that. However, remember that 25+ competitive maps isn't good for competition. There will always be some stupid maps that people vote because they are the only ones to play it and they beat much better teams on it thanks to that. Which leads me to the need for veto process in clanwars/inters and the need for a competitive platform, which nobody here wants to discuss apparently...

Having a select "competitive" map section and a "public" map section could suffice for categorizing maps and stop there from being too many. Easy fix, just some menus.

(20 Jul 15, 10:10AM)Luc@s Wrote: Some maps shouldn't be removed just because you think they are not as good as yours lol. Anyway i gave my view on this several times : the list of official maps should only be a "set to start with", some standards and reference that arenot necessarily meant tobe played competitively. Removing a map from this list makes no sense, its just a few KB and if you dont like a map just dont' play it.

Some maps should be removed because they are unplayed and set a bad quality for new mappers. If you are trying to keep the game alive you should encourage new mappers with a nice looking selection of official maps anyway. Good luck trying to get people to learn and play maps outside of the official package if not for a 1 off tournament, that's not how it works. I understand that maps are lightweight but not playing them isn't an option when you don't always pick the maps.

(20 Jul 15, 10:10AM)Luc@s Wrote: HOWEVER - i want a list of map & modes combinations, that are "officially supported" and suited for competitive gameplay. THis list would restrict maps to the modes they were made for (e.g. ctf and htf for ac_shine, and dm/surv for ac_desert for instance), and also would restrict the competitive map pool to a shorter list so that the teams play all of them more which would result in a higher quality gameplay.

Restricting what maps are competitive and what maps are public makes sense. Restricting modes will piss people off almost always.

(20 Jul 15, 10:10AM)Luc@s Wrote: you know these discussions already take place on akimbo

Doesn't mean that I don't bring ideas to the table, I just don't feel posting them on a forum to get ignored will do much for the game. Any map dev could do that anyway, I was just saying that I would like to.
Thanks given by: #M|A#Wolf
(20 Jul 15, 08:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: People prefer shitty maps over official maps. Get better official maps. This has nothing to do with my maps, none of them should be made official at the moment.
Again, it won't change anything. New players get wrecked on official maps and play shit maps. Thats it.

(20 Jul 15, 08:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Changing gameplay room by room in each map makes the map more fun overall. And you can fix map bias dramatically with a collection of slight changes and compromises. I can do this.
I don't care about map bias. Map bias can actually be very interesting. Every map should be played on both sides, thats it.

(20 Jul 15, 08:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Having a select "competitive" map section and a "public" map section could suffice for categorizing maps and stop there from being too many. Easy fix, just some menus.
not exactly "just some menus" but it is in a way what i've done in the match client.
(20 Jul 15, 08:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Some maps should be removed because they are unplayed and set a bad quality for new mappers. If you are trying to keep the game alive you should encourage new mappers with a nice looking selection of official maps anyway. Good luck trying to get people to learn and play maps outside of the official package if not for a 1 off tournament, that's not how it works. I understand that maps are lightweight but not playing them isn't an option when you don't always pick the maps.
Well this is your opinion (i don't thank any official map is so bad that it sets a bad quality for new mappers, camper maps are howoever) but i don't see why you would insist so much on removing maps if having them doesn't prevent us from adding maps and pushing them into competitive games. The only way i can understand this insistence is that it means something else for you that has nothing to do with the impact on the game
(20 Jul 15, 08:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Restricting what maps are competitive and what maps are public makes sense. Restricting modes will piss people off almost always.
The only difference between me and people who claim to be pissed of by modes restriction is that i am not an hypocrite. Those people will always refuse to play anything else than CTF on a very restricted set of maps in interclans. Most of the restrictions are common sense if you think about it (like no tlss ac_power). Who would it piss of to remove tlss ac_power ? I hope you're not serious... Not just because some people cry everytime something is done, you should be afraid of making changes.

(20 Jul 15, 08:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Doesn't mean that I don't bring ideas to the table, I just don't feel posting them on a forum to get ignored will do much for the game. Any map dev could do that anyway, I was just saying that I would like to.
If you had read the threads i mentioned you would have seen they lead to actual coding and implementation of features requested (at least into separate branches)
And if you want to be a dev involved in mapping and package management then it is expected that you give a little attention to changes brought to the map editor
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 15, 11:01AM)Luc@s Wrote: Again, it won't change anything. New players get wrecked on official maps and play shit maps. Thats it.

Jesus christ, I'm not saying I can fix the entire gameplay of AC. I'm saying I can remove bad angles and annoying parts of maps and make them more fun. Why not make the maps more fun? That's why people play games. Honestly.

(21 Jul 15, 11:01AM)Luc@s Wrote: I don't care about map bias. Map bias can actually be very interesting. Every map should be played on both sides, thats it.

Sure, maps can have bias. Some maps would be better with less. I'd say bring down the default match time in mastermode 2 if you want people to play both sides.

(21 Jul 15, 11:01AM)Luc@s Wrote: not exactly "just some menus" but it is in a way what i've done in the match client.

Cool. Not progress until it's in the official client however, unfortunately.

(21 Jul 15, 11:01AM)Luc@s Wrote: Well this is your opinion (i don't thank any official map is so bad that it sets a bad quality for new mappers, camper maps are howoever) but i don't see why you would insist so much on removing maps if having them doesn't prevent us from adding maps and pushing them into competitive games. The only way i can understand this insistence is that it means something else for you that has nothing to do with the impact on the game.

I'd really appreciate it if you stopped implying I have some evil ulterior motive like having only my maps in the package and pissing off other people or something. I just want to help the game and happen to have skills that could. If you go back to my very first post I did say that this would just be what's good for the game and not what is necessary. If anything it's just to clear up the map menus and give a smaller selection of good maps for people to learn without so many curveballs getting thrown.

(21 Jul 15, 11:01AM)Luc@s Wrote: The only difference between me and people who claim to be pissed of by modes restriction is that i am not an hypocrite. Those people will always refuse to play anything else than CTF on a very restricted set of maps in interclans. Most of the restrictions are common sense if you think about it (like no tlss ac_power). Who would it piss of to remove tlss ac_power ? I hope you're not serious... Not just because some people cry everytime something is done, you should be afraid of making changes.

It's just not a good idea to add restrictions to trivial things when there's absolutely no need. I'm trying to say I want to make changes here and the only person that seems to be disagreeing is a dev. (I understand the others aren't active enough to hound down changes to NostalgiaCube)

(21 Jul 15, 11:01AM)Luc@s Wrote: If you had read the threads i mentioned you would have seen they lead to actual coding and implementation of features requested (at least into separate branches)
And if you want to be a dev involved in mapping and package management then it is expected that you give a little attention to changes brought to the map editor

Okay, cool. It's fine to do it that way. It's just not as effective as if I were a dev.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 15, 06:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Jesus christ, I'm not saying I can fix the entire gameplay of AC. I'm saying I can remove bad angles and annoying parts of maps and make them more fun. Why not make the maps more fun? That's why people play games. Honestly.
You were implying (at least it looked like) it would solve a problem; However AC's problems are definitely mostly due to other problems than its official maps. Also you need to understand that you're not the only one to have an opinion about things that should be changed or not. I know for instance that a few players from the same "circle", would like to change radically depot but getting rid of the old depot for instance, even though this is one of the most liked map according to a recent poll on the forums. I'm just being cautious and also warning you : as a dev you don't decide on your own to change completely a map

(21 Jul 15, 06:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Sure, maps can have bias. Some maps would be better with less. I'd say bring down the default match time in mastermode 2 if you want people to play both sides.
We are working on a more ambitious project that gives more direction in the competitive gameplay already.
(21 Jul 15, 06:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Cool. Not progress until it's in the official client however, unfortunately.
Well then support it. I've seen a few people shitting on some features because they were not official, don't they realize they give excuses to the devs not to accept them into the game ?
(21 Jul 15, 06:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: I'd really appreciate it if you stopped implying I have some evil ulterior motive like having only my maps in the package and pissing off other people or something. I just want to help the game and happen to have skills that could. If you go back to my very first post I did say that this would just be what's good for the game and not what is necessary. If anything it's just to clear up the map menus and give a smaller selection of good maps for people to learn without so many curveballs getting thrown.
Well you're making it look like "removing maps" is a sine qua non condition for you... So yes that made me wonder about your intentions...

(21 Jul 15, 06:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: It's just not a good idea to add restrictions to trivial things when there's absolutely no need. I'm trying to say I want to make changes here and the only person that seems to be disagreeing is a dev. (I understand the others aren't active enough to hound down changes to NostalgiaCube)
There is a need. If you want competition you need to define standards - map/mode combinations are some of those. Just like every single tournament have a restricted map pool...
(21 Jul 15, 06:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: It's just not as effective as if I were a dev.
I don't see how it would speed up things regarding the features mentioned on akimbo
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 15, 06:32PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(21 Jul 15, 06:08PM)Z3R0 Wrote: It's just not a good idea to add restrictions to trivial things when there's absolutely no need. I'm trying to say I want to make changes here and the only person that seems to be disagreeing is a dev. (I understand the others aren't active enough to hound down changes to NostalgiaCube)
There is a need. If you want competition you need to define standards - map/mode combinations are some of those. Just like every single tournament have a restricted map pool...
I feel like that mentality is one of the main issues in this game. Maybe it's just a difference of philosophies, but I believe that by making the game more suitable for serious "competition" (by restricting maps ever since 1.1) you repel the casual pub gamers (of which a certain percentage eventually become competitive players). First it was the map creation restrictions, but now you want to restrict map/mode combinations, which I feel is just doing the same thing once again. Hopefully that does not happen, because I can't see how that won't kill off the game for good.

There will be competition regardless of the standards. I do not understand how you can encourage competition by limiting the possibilities for players on how to play the game; I feel like it's the opposite. The pool of casual players greatly reduces (just like it has happened in the last years) because the game possibilities have been reduced, and naturally AssaultCube does not attract as many people now. By adding restrictions, you reduce the number of casual gamers that like AC and keep playing the game, and thus lessen the general influx of new players to the game.

Bring back the nature of the game from the 1.0.4 era. The endless map possibilities gave the game a very unique gameplay that is not found in many other FPS's. It's also imperative to note that most of the game (I'd say at least 90%) is played in pubs, and not in an competitive environment. It's not like we will begin playing Ezjemville 3v3 ctf games in tournaments the moment restrictions are lifted (although I have no issues with that :)), it didn't happen in 1.0.4 and won't happen now. Let people play however they want in pubs, because if the competitive scene is your concern, I assure you that it won't be harmed, rather, you will have then more players joining it later on.
Thanks given by: |HP| , Padfoot , Z3R0
(Context: this was a thread originally in the Proving Grounds, now moved here in light of eddy's thread I'm guessing)
Thanks given by:
I like the 6th -> Search and Destroy mode goooo00o0o

Idk how to help in that because Im not a good coder. Does someone have ideas for help in that?
Thanks given by: Nightmare
LoL Wolf had to make a long post about something that should be clear to anyone with half a brain?!

More players = More competative players in future

My mind just exploded!
Thanks given by:
Couldn't read more than 2 posts. We are glad to learn more about who hates who. Some interesting discussion in PG. That's how the game is moving forward.

Lucas you did some great work that need to be implemented. We will back you up for that.
But now, times are changing. Some of the best mappers in the community ask for being in charge of the AC mapping side. Then they will. I see no argument to deny them that right. They already proved their value. They say they can improve maps? Everything that can improve the game is welcome.
Coders should code and mappers should map. Noone is gonna tell you how to code and you aint telling them how to map.

So Zero, dogdancing and Undead want to help. Then be it. They shouldn't need to email you their mapping work waiting for your approval. Should they? Doesn't it sound familiar to you? No more lead dev controlling everything. Its blocking everything.
Thanks given by:
just read this thread.

i honestly cannot be bothered dealing with trying to reason with lucas, so i will try to reason with everyone else. me and zero work well with each other, we seem to keep each other in check and get things done.

if someone, somewhere, finds it in their power to override lucas and let us, or at least one of us, do something, then things will get done. simple.
Thanks given by: Nightmare
When people are saying is interesting. While this may seem to be trying to agree with as many people as possible, in the context of things outside the power of the devs, here is what I'd like to see.

Maps specifically designed for King of the Hill and Control Points (whether it be three of five) are created. Those gamemodes need are created. And then finally, restrictions need to be put in place to prevent people from playing KOTH on a non-koth map, etc.

I haven't got exams for another few months, so I'll take a look at Control Points, it's something I've been interested in. Before I have a look, let me know if you would be interested in making a map for it, or seeing it in a release. I'm not prepared to do so much work for people to turn around and go "no, fuck it, we didn't ever want it".

-Padfoot
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 15, 06:39AM)Undead Wrote: if someone, somewhere, finds it in their power to override lucas and let us, or at least one of us, do something, then things will get done. simple.
Like it is up to me... You know its not, so your post is just lie and manipulation.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 15, 04:32PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(22 Jul 15, 06:39AM)Undead Wrote: if someone, somewhere, finds it in their power to override lucas and let us, or at least one of us, do something, then things will get done. simple.
Like it is up to me... You know its not, so your post is just lie and manipulation.
Who is it up to then? We are all waiting for a dev to claim leadership and do something, but nothing is happening.
Thanks given by: Halte
I see no reason giving zero and undead a chance to change maps and make them more fun. And let dog help as well. Honestly the quality of the game can't get much worse so anything will help, like everyone else we just want to see some sort of change.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 15, 09:33PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(22 Jul 15, 04:32PM)Luc@s Wrote: Like it is up to me... You know its not, so your post is just lie and manipulation.
Who is it up to then? We are all waiting for a dev to claim leadership and do something, but nothing is happening.

This sum up my thread. That's what Im asking. Someone anwer plz?
Thanks given by:
Democracy anyone?

Somebody claim leadership and let the others vote for them
Thanks given by:
MorganKell for dev
Thanks given by: Orynge , Andrez , |HP| , Z3R0 , sukablya , Undead
(01 Jun 15, 12:49AM)Nightmare Wrote: Tallied up all of the suggestions from Mousikos' recent thread and put them on a scale of 'how bad do players want this?' by popularity.  Larger = most popular and more likely to cause riots if not added.

/pause

Improved Weapon Balance

Remove Map Restrictions

Regularly Updated Official Map Pool

Master Server Tabs Separating Official & Custom Maps

Search & Destroy Mode

Wait, scoping with normal guns or MORE GUNS wasn't even mentioned?
Thanks given by:
Because its stupid
Thanks given by: Luc@s , Cemer
IDK if this is too radical, but I'd like a system where weapon stats can be adjusted in-game, so for example in single-player, of course, players can muck around as much as they like and set any stat to whatever arbitrary value they like. For multiplayer, the exact mechanics will need to be worked out, but I do have some ideas:
- Server admin should be able to set different values for each map/mode
- Players can vote for certain weapon stats to be changed (if the server allows)
- Servers might allow players to choose from "stat sets" (e.g. we can have the vanilla stat set, but also let player to choose 1.04/1.1/x.x weapon stats, or we can have different sets for different gametypes e.g. one for pubs, one for matches, one for... whatever) instead of allowing arbitrary changes

This should make balance tweaking easier (anyone can experiment at least locally, no need for recompiles), and would allow different weapon balance for different game types (lot of people seem to think that, for example, weapon balance focusing on hectic pubs will not be very good for small 1v1/2v2 matches).

I already have partly coded this, but how exactly this feature would work (if it is even accepted) will need discussion before I can take it further (if anywhere).

By extension, one might also want to create custom gamemodes, e.g. custom starting health, only allow certain weapons, disable/enable pickups...). If this is out of bounds, fair enough, but even if this will never go official I'm happy to give it a shot if enough people want to give it a shot.
Thanks given by:
Please make the "XXXX Has the flag" "XXXX Lost the flag" message a different color than it is.

Thanks.

Also, please add "jump to" for demos; "follow cn" for demos; and improve bots AI for AI play.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Remove Map Restrictions
I think that is the best idea.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 15, 06:39AM)Undead  |oNe|Cap Wrote: ...
if someone, somewhere, finds it in their power to override lucas and let us, or at least one of us, do something, then things will get done. simple.

well, just reading this post ...
Unfortunately your attitude front of game makes me conclude that you do not have a useful personality to improve the game. You can even help, but doing what you do now, criticize. Certainly no coordination function or management can be exercised by you.
Your attitude in the previous ACWC, the way that you troll the game, the community and other players ...
Your role must always be secondary. Really. Keep acting like that and criticizing everything heavily. It can help us to keep the balance.
So, we need to add developers and do not remove them.

Advertising, increase the number of players. ... I hope that in the new release.
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 15, 02:54AM)1Cap Wrote: Certainly no coordination function or management can be exercised by you.

i am pretty much the only person vaguely involved in this game who can act in an executive function within the development team, besides maybe drakas, as much as i dislike him, and maybe some other people i'm forgetting. whether you like it or not, this is the truth.

(03 Aug 15, 02:54AM)1Cap Wrote: Your attitude in the previous ACWC

i'm not particularly certain what you're referring to. i think you're upset because i didn't do what you wanted (remove iceroad1.1 from the tournament) because you weren't making any solid arguments to remove it.

if you want to discuss why the tournament failed, i wrote out a list of reasons as to why it failed but then i realized it would make up the bulk of the post. in summary, it was due to a number of factors completely outside my control. of course there was a small amount of fault on my part, but nothing that would have made any significant difference to the tournament failing or not.

(03 Aug 15, 02:54AM)1Cap Wrote: , the way that you troll the game, the community and other players ...

if you would all stop demonizing trolling, (which is a valid course of action in dealing with irrational people), and by extent me, we would all get along a bit better.
Thanks given by: