How would you like to see forum/IRC moderation change?
never :D not even when I said that Undear is a blablabla. you know?
Thanks given by:
(31 May 15, 06:44PM)Nightmare Wrote: What was the last time anyone here got warning points from one of these?
Well, For3v3r, Crema and Medusa are still around.
Thanks given by:
I think they never gave me warning points because what I said it's true. who knows!?
Thanks given by:
(01 Jun 15, 03:22PM)MPx Wrote: I think they never gave me warning points because what I said it's true. who knows!?

Blatant attempt to get a reaction lol

Medusa sent me quite a few 'warning PMs' though
Thanks given by:
I have never been warned, but I have been discouraged by some interventions of people who was supposed to get benefit from my presence here (as anybody's else one). And recently a moderator told me in private that left AC forum for the presence of people like me, writing BS posts. Now please go and read my (really not so many) posts and (very few) threads. One never ceases to amaze.
Thanks given by:
what about "dislike button" ?
Thanks given by:
@Alien: that it's girlie stuff.
Thanks given by:
Can we bring back thanks button? (serious)
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 15, 03:25PM)Oracle Wrote: Can we bring back thanks button? (serious)

+1
Thanks given by:
If there are openings in the Mod team I'd like to throw my hat in for consideration.

+2 for the Thank You button
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 15, 07:03PM)MorganKell Wrote: If there are openings in the Mod team I'd like to throw my hat in for consideration.

I think you have to have a clean slate in regards to warning points to get mod iirc
Thanks given by:
We're talking fair moderation via grizzled veterans. Warning points or not; I am fair, and grizzled. If you'd like I could tell you what my warning points were for?

By the way I don't want it in IRC. IRC's are so different and varying that it doesn't matter. Forums are where it's at.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 15, 11:00PM)MorganKell Wrote: We're talking fair moderation via grizzled veterans. Warning points or not; I am fair, and grizzled. If you'd like I could tell you what my warning points were for?

By the way I don't want it in IRC. IRC's are so different and varying that it doesn't matter. Forums are where it's at.

^ MK knows whatsup
Thanks given by:
The mod team currently is very effective behind the scenes imo. I think their fine.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 15, 03:25PM)Oracle Wrote: Can we bring back thanks button? (serious)
Thanks given by:
I did a test and found that moderation is terrible.
I made a "report" on the new rules and received 30% of wp.
The message of it came to me without sender and infant comment.
Unfortunately the kind of old and tyrant moderation is still being used.
Just read the "new rules of the forum" to understand that nothing was explained. Only publicity about it  the subject is the same. Everything remains subjectively. Exactly at the time when the forum is mostly used during the ACWC. It is a pity. They never learn.
Note, the x-ray made it clear : "everyone will be treated equally, regardless of the status in the game."
Basically it means that there is the owner of the forum "choosing the rules and apply punishments" and those below him suffering the consequences.
Same as always ... the king choosing his staff.
the vision of competition among participants here in the forum still maintained,,, :(
I'm offtopic?

"4) Don't overuse the BBCode styling, usually it just makes your post harder for people to read, plain text is just fine. Do not abuse or exploit the forum or it's features(e.g. spamming the report button). Do not use SHOUT or all caps in posts. "
What a did wrong about rule 4?
See? Its subjective. Ever the same... The action here is about power not about improve something...
[Image: 9IIy233.png]
Thanks given by:
I guess the reason is that by reporting the rules (which is quite retarded in the first place, everyone would agree on that), you are ABUSING A FORUM FEATURE and wasting the moderators time, hence the warning.

If you have a question about it i suggest you ask the person who gave you this warning. (is it anonymous?)
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 15, 02:07PM)Luc@s Wrote: I guess the reason is that by reporting the rules (which is quite retarded in the first place, everyone would agree on that), you  are ABUSING A FORUM FEATURE and wasting the moderators time, hence the warning.

If you have a question about it i suggest you ask the person who gave you this warning. (is it anonymous?)

The moderator must have time to receive reports. If he does not have time then he should not be a moderator.
I gave my opinion on the post (report), "I thought its only publicity". It was what a said.
I was punished for giving my opinion.
So, i think "MyBB  Engine - unregistered" dont like me,,

# # anonymous
Thanks given by:
1Cap, if I said that you are wrong and I was going to report a bunch of your posts that I think are wrong, should I be given warning points?
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 15, 02:03PM)1Cap Wrote: I did a test and found that moderation is terrible.

Why? It's the same rules as before except 17 of the 27 rules got removed for being pointless, too strict, etc.

1Cap Wrote:Note, the x-ray made it clear : "everyone will be treated equally, regardless of the status in the game."
Basically it means that there is the owner of the forum "choosing the rules and apply punishments" and those below him suffering the consequences.

I submitted the slimmed down rules update. And 'any status' means mods and admins are up for moderation as well.

I also submitted a new mod team based on many requirements, but that won't happen. ;) Why get active, respected mods, when we can have guys who left 5 years ago instead?
Thanks given by:
Orynge, hey.
Nice. That's the point.
The answer is "it depends".
The issue is not the quantity but the quality of reports.
If it was a personal matter moderator say to you send a PM to me to solve this.
But the important thing is always try to understand why the report. Try to see this as a useful thing. "Report" is a very important tool in the forum. This has nothing to do with wanting to punish a user for wanting to help. As I said earlier, these punishments (wp) is to demonstrate power and not to improve the forum. Unfortunately.
Hey Nightmare:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6072.html
Thanks given by:
1cap you abuse the BBCode styling on a daily basis, you deserved those warning points. Every post you make has some obnoxious color, size, or format that is really irritating to read.
Thanks given by:
If I venture a correction to "the mod team is very behind the scene" will I get slapped with a large trout?
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 15, 06:44PM)MorganKell Wrote: If I venture a correction to "the mod team is very behind the scene" will I get slapped with a large trout?

I'd have to find you on IRC and that's too much effort for the both of us, so no.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 15, 02:03PM)1Cap Wrote: I did a test and found that moderation is terrible.

If anything, I think the test was perfect and moderation was flawless. Reporting the forum rules is as stupid as it gets and honestly a lot of people would agree.

(24 Jun 15, 03:07PM)Nightmare Wrote:
1Cap Wrote:Note, the x-ray made it clear : "everyone will be treated equally, regardless of the status in the game."

I submitted the slimmed down rules update. And 'any status' means mods and admins are up for moderation as well.

As nightmare said, 1cap, he submitted the revised rules. I added to them to cover some old rules that I felt were important and discussed them further with others. No one is suffering from anything so long as you follow the rules. Reporting the rules is forum feature abuse and you earned your points. Now stop discussing your warning here or you'll get even more points as per rule 3 regarding side conversations.
Thanks given by:
The Pimp Hand of Justice.
Thanks given by:
Swift and just as the hound bounds through the moor.
Thanks given by:
(31 May 15, 06:44PM)Nightmare Wrote: What was the last time anyone here got warning points from one of these?

In my defense, I'm more of a "straight talk" kind of guy. But if you want some warnings just send me a PM. Much love <3
Thanks given by: Oracle , DogDancing