So, that's it then, apparently.
You are loosing coder because of one trolling player, this is really comedy :D That logic !! :D You are for fun for all intelligent people outside this forum. :P This tops many of your fails here. Nobody will believe you :P
Thanks given by:
(24 May 15, 10:38PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: The hitler thing wasn't even on or related to the forum. [...]
And the hitler thing again didn't even happen on the forum. 6 points for that is silly. That automatically suspends posting for something that didn't even happen on the forum.

So should cheaters be banned on the forum and why?
Simply warning points/bans can be a punishment for behaviour in AC space and not only, otherwise #freetheGunBarrel. 
Vanquish crossed the line, so should be somehow punished, that's all, and instead of that he was supported by the one from dev team, which declared against the main dev. And now we are in dead end.
Don't you, people, see, what that means for AC? Abandoned project, with poor prospect, no changes, no active coders, no developers with factual knowledge etc.
Btw http://pastebin.com/iMj7NgsR - from before 5 years ago.

(25 May 15, 08:26PM)Alien Wrote: You are loosing coder because of one trolling player, this is really comedy :D
No, Vanquish isn't the relevant problem, he isn't a dev.

PS. Of course my active existence in dev team doesn't have sense now, I am completely demotivated now, mainly because stef's retirement is the lost chance for the project. My main role was supporting the project by supporting the real experienced coder and developer in improving the AC, in different ways, so now it finishes. And I am enough responsible to don't risk with my commits, unchecked by some experienced coder + I am really demotivated. I can help still in commits prepared by members of community, which I will understand and like :).
Thanks given by:
(25 May 15, 09:25PM)grenadier Wrote: Btw http://pastebin.com/3Yx4bxKz - from before 5 years ago.

So more than 5 years ago this was written?

Did nothing change in ac in 5 years? No.
So will nothing change in the future of ac without stef? No.

Also I find this : "In dev team he knew the best playability of this game, because he played regularly – on public servers and in clans matches." a hilarious statement, who wrote this?
Thanks given by:
grenadier wrote that, over 5 years ago.

And it is true that Stef was the only dev who coded, to really play / test the game apart from grenadier.
drian, makke, flowtron, eihrul never played except for the day of releases really. That is part of the story of what happened in these early years.
Thanks given by:
(25 May 15, 09:45PM)Marti Wrote: Did nothing change in ac in 5 years? No.

Amount of players decreased at least by 2/3.

(25 May 15, 09:45PM)Marti Wrote: Also I find this : "In dev team he knew the best playability of this game, because he played regularly – on public servers and in clans matches."? a hilarious statement, who wrote this?

Probably you are too young player to remember. ;)
Thanks given by:
(25 May 15, 05:02PM)stef Wrote: ExodusS, you are still trying to argue in favour of people who don't give a damn about their servers.

I don't usually quote myself, but when you literally speak lies, I have to. Or maybe it's not really a lie and instead you just deformed/missunderstood what you were reading.

(12 May 15, 06:32PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(12 May 15, 05:53PM)stef Wrote: Servers who deliver broken content that causes errors on clients and results in broken maps being played - and show no intention of fixing it for over a year - are being defended here? Seriously?

I never stated those people were doing great their job at all, but unlike you, I am not all white or all black, I don't think those server owners does not deserve the death sentence because of their acts, I am pretty sure those people are not doing it to mess with you Stef, they are just ignorant

Or maybe, saying from someone that he his "ignorant" is "arguing in favor" of him, in your twisted mind.
Thanks given by:
(25 May 15, 09:55PM)grenadier Wrote:
(25 May 15, 09:45PM)Marti Wrote: Did nothing change in ac in 5 years? No.
Amount of players decreased at least by 2/3.
I didn't mean playerbase, I meant gamewise.
edit: I misread, you even confirmed my statement lol.

also I'm pretty sure I'm one of the oldest players still around. But I will refrain from commenting about this even more because I will go offtopic and possibly be warned :O all I will say is: stef commented in a game of KTF 'stop teamkilling' -> I think it's funny that he knows best about playability
Thanks given by:
(12 May 15, 06:32PM)ExodusS Wrote: I never stated those people were doing great their job at all, but unlike you, I am not all white or all black, I don't think those server owners does not deserve the death sentence because of their acts, I am pretty sure those people are not doing it to mess with you Stef, they are just ignorant

It was not a death sentence, they were all free to rejoin the server list once they cleaned up and ordered their map cfg's. This isn't too much to ask, this is routine maintenance and it would definitely be needed sooner rather than later as things got more chaotic. It still confuses me about how this is even a conversation? Making sure the map cfg's are all correct is a win/win for everybody.
By the way, if Stef was still a dev, the next version of AC would have no mapping restrictions, map voting changed (so can only vote for maps near the end of current map and so.. - to stop spam map voting) and even an authentication system too. So it is both give and take. 

Quote:Marti

also I'm pretty sure I'm one of the oldest players still around.

Like I said in another thread, 4 days ago - (http://forum.cubers.net/thread-8263-post...#pid163914)  I still see quite a few 0.93 players every day, they don't use the forums.
Thanks given by:
2 stef:

What a fucking joke, I don't think you can recall enough of what has actually happened in regards to the communication between you and the community. I actually discovered a bit recently that you created those three threads in an attempt to communicate with the playerbase, mostly out of an interest in reading past threads - so by then I knew that you had it in you somewhat to cooperate with actual variant factors. Real people who actually play this game for fun and are at least willing to provide their opinions when asked, and at other times might expect a little more activity than there usually is. Most of them aren't that selfish to demand improvements without an articulate say, you seem to confuse the two *giving out an opinion* with *someone who can't do what he says* quite a lot, so I don't think you've seen enough yet to actually recognize a harmless player who's simply willing to part with whatever harmless input he has. After all, it can't bring harm when it hasn't even been implemented yet. But you and your ego issues can't reconcile with the fact that you've done quite a lot of wrong in this regard, and not even just from a moral perspective. Lashing out at users and at times considering taking advantage of your own jurisdiction in an attempt to censor their thoughts? That's your failure as a developer for Assaultcube, not merely as a human being. I'm quite sure Undead has a lot to say about this one. I mean, you even think of him as some cult leader who controls half of the population in the forum here. Some people have the same thoughts as him and you call them his fanboys, and that's a real thing if anyone didn't know - he's so emotionally fragile that he's willing to classify a variable source of critique as verbal assaults to his triumphant existence. It's like AC is a fairy tail about the Unprecedented One living among the clouds, are we all heathens simply for having a different opinion? Join our cult today!

And I think you're just talking out of your ass in an attempt to dodge what has already been said, but my case is remarkably similar to how it goes in the woes of those who "oppose" a "benevolent dictator", or perhaps I should say belligerent in case sarcasm doesn't belong in your course of discourse... but that would be foolhardy, as you have demonstrated many times that you are so much capable of speaking in authoritative tones as a replacement for rational argument. We might be all Forum Jesters to you, but see how easy it is to reverse that: no you did not issue out a request to restrict my creating of THREADS (consistency please) because I /intentionally/ spammed the forums with different opinions, you restricted me from creating them because your imagination likes to exaggerate the wrongdoings of others, in fact you simply stated that "you continued to talk shit", but that's really vague. I talked feces about what? You going on tantrums every time someone differs from your ideology in the forums? You should be more specific because I'm losing memory of all this, your egotistical drive makes simple things really complex. You are not a saint and you're definitely not a good moderator, you just imply that you really do think you're God every time you set foot onto mortal soil. Your dodging skills when it comes to the truth are amazing. It's because of you that new users might think that they can't criticize the development team - they'll get warned and banned forever because they unfortunately touched a nerve. You can't understand the perspective of others either, and you proved that in a discussion regarding team balancing in public games.

So just admit that you want to make people your bitches, because you threatening to leave the development team because XRD meddled with your plaything just proves that you don't develop AC for the people who play it, you develop AC to develop your Ego. John Carmack wouldn't have been proud sorry, this is my second time apologizing 2 u
Thanks given by:
Marti, I think, it's funny that you think, I would not know, how ktf works :D You being "one of the oldest players still around" and so on. How about, you ask the inventor of ktf, if there are teams or not?

G1gantuan, at one point in the future, you will have to take responsibility for your own actions. Limiting your thread creation ability was the only way the forum software had in stock to limit you without suspending you. Would it have been more to your liking, if just all your posts would have been deleted right away - as xrd suggested?

btw - feel free to dig up any incident where I was not fair to someone on the forum. Take it as a challenge. And keep in mind, that I completely obeyed the rules set by the forum owner - until he started revoking my actions for no reason...
Thanks given by:
http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/KTF

"'Keep the flag is a flag mode without teams"

Ok then stef
Thanks given by:
That goes the same for you too, you know. I can tell you didn't read my post, but my input alone won't be substantiative, and I have typed out most of it already. I would like to call others who think they have been mistreated by Stef, as you can see I have already written about the matter at hand ":)"

But I'll try a little bit. How about, the time when you called a minority of people "dimwits", "AC forum jesters" and "little children" because you had to cope with them? How about the time you absolutely wanted to remove trick jumps and you didn't care for anyone else's opinion? You weren't being fair to AN ENTIRE PLAYERBASE, pls tell me otherwise
Thanks given by:
Stef, you should stay.
Let moderation forum to others.
Do what you know to do well. Your code is very good. Your ideas also are.
Do not give up in the first battle, we have a war to win. We have a great project to improve.
There will always be a lot of criticism. This is normal. Do not be defeated!
Thanks given by:
(25 May 15, 09:25PM)grenadier Wrote:
(25 May 15, 08:26PM)Alien Wrote: You are loosing coder because of one trolling player, this is really comedy :D
No, Vanquish isn't the relevant problem, he isn't a dev.

After reading long posts .... So XRD supports Vanquish instead of his dev teammate. Although Vanquish called dev "hitler", XRD cleaned him from warning points. So no beer for XRD. ;)
Thanks given by:
You weren't there so you didn't get the context of it, but I took part and started it mainly - Stef said something very special while he was flexing his admin powers. I would love to get the chat log because Stef really does think he can insult other players and get away with it
Thanks given by:
I don't even think there's a specific blame game to be had. Players' fault, devs' fault, someone more specific, who cares? Hardly anyone listens and takes one another's input seriously, so in the end all that's left of the input is a bunch of horribly manifested sarcasm and hateful passive aggression. Anyone who wants to contribute anything, even just discussion, risks setting off some sort of political timebomb of rage somewhere that will cease any hope of real productivity from existing.

I'm not a dev, I'm not a pillar of the community, I'm not some self-proclaimed hero who thinks they have all the answers. No, I'm Cat. I am someone of literally no importance and arguably little intelligence, and even I can see just clearly why nothing gets done around here.

But as of right now, all I can do is be nice, listen to people who are talking to me, and speak my mind when they show a little interest in hearing it. And all I ask of others is for them to do the same. No raised or pointed fingers, just actually cooperating with one another for once.

That's all.
Thanks given by:
Actually vanquish never said 'hitler'
Thanks given by:
How can anyone argue about your so called "little intelligence" if there's not enough data about it to justify starting an intellectual discourse? And you have "literally" no importance? kk mate, I agree with the rest
Thanks given by:
(25 May 15, 07:06PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Also, I'm curious: You seem to have your biggest issue with me judging by the almost dozen times you mention me in your posts.

I was answering your post. Usually people like their questions answered. You could try that by answering some of mine...

I have a problem with you not having my back. I have a problem with you insisting, that there can be no consequences whatsoever for someone who calls me hitler. That is my problem. And it is obviously with you. How many times do I have to say that?

(25 May 15, 07:06PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: So lets switch. What if I left completely and you came back. Would that make things better? Arguing isn't getting anywhere, does it ever?

You obviously never even tried to understand my side. Why would I want you to leave? What good would that do to anyone? What would be better, if you left? Why would I want anyone gone from the dev team? When did I ever not have your back? How can any project get anywhere, if people don't work together as a team?

I want you to do your job and manage the forum. Btw, email notifications have not been working for almost a month. I hope, that that is the reason why cleaner and RK didn't respond to PMs lately. Or they are gone, too. Who knows...

As you may remember: I was forced to take up moderating the forum - because contributors didn't want to put up with your sheep anymore. I have absolutely no interest in forum moderation. But I need a working forum. I need contributors not running away. And no, the hidden forum is not a solution. You are in charge of the forum. So, see to it and have it well maintained and in working order. It is necessary for the development of AC. It is, in a way, also part of the team. You can't just abandon it and let the loud goofs shout down any new player or contributor. Do your damn work and help me do mine.

If you don't want to moderate the forum, because you want to be friends with everyone and don't want to be the target of some loud kids - well, then you shouldn't have stopped me moderating it for you. I obviously don't have that problem.
Thanks given by:
I promised myself I wouldn't reply to this thread until I'm back home, but when Marti told me about it on whatsapp I just couldn't resist.

(24 May 15, 09:57PM)Harps Wrote: To make Assault Cube like Quake Live / Reflex. They will do anything (except doing it themselves) to get this goal as fast as they can [...] I know first hand how unsustainable their goals are.  They can't accept that our game has very limited resources. 

Can you even find _one_ post (really, just one - more would be nice tho) where I've said I want to make AssaultCube like QL or Reflex? (btw QL and Reflex are totally different games with different weapons, physics, a different engine, and a completely different movement system. If anything, Reflex is a modernised version of Q3 CPM which is in itself noticeably different from QL).
Now, if you were to say I've suggested that certain aspects of those games that have proven to be popular should be included, then that would be a different statement entirely, and one I'd agree with and even stand by - I think most people can agree that we need a pause or timeout feature for instance.

However, why would I want to neutralise the individuality of AC in order to make it like another game which already exists? I agree with the part where you say that quake is better at being quake than AC is. I do play quake, http://quakelive.com/#!/profile/statistics/vanqu1sh and Reflex too. If I want to play those games, I can play them. I don't get what's so hard about that.

I don't know how much *you* know about coding, but your post hints that you're even more incapable than I am if you think that it's beyond the realms of possibility for a pause feature to be coded (more than one patch currently exists). Or were you merely uninformed as to what I was actually suggesting but decided to use this thread as an opportunity to take a stab at me instead?

On to why I haven't done anything: I simply can't. I'm pretty good with Java, but that's not relevant here. I can read C++ and modify it to an extent, however I'd be lying if I said I'm proficient enough to write new complex code or implement entirely new features the community would need. Even though I think stef is a terrible human being, he's a far more technically capable developer than I would be, and honestly I have no problem admitting that.

(24 May 15, 09:57PM)Harps Wrote: Many of the other games I have played never had these kinds of problems in their forums or with their community.

Surprised nobody's called you out on what is honestly the crowning turd of your post. Quake Live hasn't had a problem with their community? Have you even heard of esreality? Have you visited the quake live official forums, where people have been banned for posting topics in the wrong section of the forum? What about the ql subreddits? Or IRC channels, or stream chats, where people publicly insult developers and talk total shit about the work they've done? (an example is the new map with an entirely new gameplay facet called "elder" that syncerror made being included in quakecon - even the players who are gonna win money from playing the game are shittalking it).

And if you think CS:GO or LoL have communities that are any better, you are literally insane. 

(24 May 15, 09:57PM)Harps Wrote: KanslozeClown, Apollo, Jamz, Stef - To name but a few.

Four grown men who gave years of their free time for the good of the community. But time and time again were driven away by quite literally children. 

Firstly, I'd like to say I'm too new in this community to know who the first two people are. As Undead had said, I'd appreciate it if you couldn't group jamz in with stef - I've had many pleasant conversations with jamz and I've found him to be nothing but reasonable and pleasant. He even offered to give me a spare graphics card for free when mine was dying, all I had to do was go pick it up from him (I live about 5 minutes walk away from him irl).

And finally, neither myself, nor Undead, nor Marti (idk about g1gantuan) are either "literally" or in any other sense children, and wouldn't be considered as such by any legal system present in the civilised world. If a child did make intelligent posts on the forum, I wouldn't write them off because of the age of said child, either.

I also would not ignore Undead's post if you had already done so - he's said a lot of things perfectly that I'm too tired/lazy to say.

(25 May 15, 09:03AM)Sheriff Wrote: AC had great times. But its over - similar to the german Kingdom.

Always a pleasure reading your comments, take care bud :)

(25 May 15, 05:02PM)stef Wrote: Vanquish, please feel free to explain, how you think, it is acceptable to compare me with a man who is responsible for over 50 million deaths? I would really like your reasoning on this. From what I recall, I moved a few posts of you to "Offtopic" because they were just that: off topic where you posted them. I moved the whole sub-thread, so you could continue your "discussion" where it was more appropriate. I agree, you may compare me to someone who killed two or three people for that - but 50 million? really? And just so you know: xrd said, I should have deleted offtopic posts completely - and issue warnings, if they are reposted. What would you have called him? hitler^3? I'm serious: what is your beef with me? According to xrd, you are a member of the dev team: why did you attack me?

EDIT: Unrelated, but speaking of "Hitler", I was at Kehlsteinhaus (Eagle's Nest) today.

I digress.
I don't have the original quote, but I never directly called you Hitler, and pretty much every post I've ever seen related to this (apart from the one with the original quote, which you deleted) seems to falsely suggest otherwise. I said three words: "yes he is", as a reply to G1gantuan when he said "you're not hitler" and was kicked from the channel by you immediately afterwards. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and perhaps if I'd have added the word "evidently" to my three-word torment then it would have clarified that I was amused at the fact you'd rather kick someone from an IRC channel rather than continue a discussion with them. I was kicked from the IRC channel for my comments too, which is honestly fair enough. You could even have banned me from IRC (which you didn't) and I wouldn't have complained. However, you gave me *six* warning points on the forum for something I didn't even say on the forum. I don't want to throw other community members under the bus here, but there have been insults thrown about in this forum over the past month (in fact, I can recall one I've said too) that have been just as bad or, unbelievably, actually worse than "yes he is", and they weren't even warned (I wasn't warned for mine either). The fact that you're willing to give me 60% warning for making a sarcastic statement outside of the forum, but you don't give a shit when I imply that someone is autistic inside of the forum, simply shows me that you only care about the insult because it's directed at you - and you don't give two shits about the principles behind moderation as long as you're getting your back covered. 

Also, I'm not a part of the development team. I don't know who's said that, but they're wrong. Unless the devs needed someone to join their team who knows a lot about gameplay (highly unlikely, since for example lucas plays at a high level and also is very capable at coding - for all the arguments we've engaged in, I still respect him as a person and a contributor) but not too much else, I would not accept. Your supporter, jamz, gave me partial moderator privileges that allow me to manage, add and remove warnings/bans, edit profiles and do some other stuff. I've never claimed to hold any higher position in the forum, neither would I attempt to gain one.

Also, it's great how you didn't reply to the second sentence where I highlighted that I haven't been any more disrespectful to you than you have to me. Maybe you're choosing to skip over it because it's true, and it's just easier to make yourself look like the victim?

And what's even the purpose of this thread? I thought it was a farewell thread, but you seem to want to reopen new discussion about events that have taken place prior to your departure. I'm not sure what exactly you think that's going to solve, or if this thread has just turned into a drawn out chance for you to passive-aggressively bitch at people you dislike. Either way, I think it's had its moment.
Thanks given by:
keep on dodging me kid

vanquish, you have an eidetic memory so you can support our case. do you remember that he started the insults first, where I replied "you're not hitler?"
Thanks given by:
for all you stef haters you are kinda just attacking each other again and again and again

just shut the fuck up u insolent fucks and can we have a discussion without throatstabs

anyway: (i apologize for my poor writing style)

stef, we may not have gotten along but i can see your intentions were good. you are a very talented individual and honestly a driving force in this games development. unfortunately whether it be your ideas or people skill you have alienated a significant part of the forum community. i understand you are a tad sensitive, but you just gotta remember to step back from the screen and relax a bit; even if it drives you nuts. you gotta detach yourself when being attacked or seeing something you dont like or agree with with that much power. you have and will drive people insane until they hate you if you continue to enforce people like that. your policies may have worked; but you could say the same for many other scare tactic type of leadership. i think in the grand scheme of things, you lost (in a political sense). in a democratic way, you lost the election- dont feel bad about you as a person. people just didnt agree with the way things were ran and wanted something else. that says nothing about your skill or character

if you really value your time and this game, i do not see why you should disappear from the game itself. take some time off and chill, and assess the past events objectively.

if your heart is still in the game you should keep pushing commits and editing whatever you think should be done, regardless of your haters, and instead staying because your skill brought you there. if not, then i wish you a happy future and hope for your success. i will not pretend we are friends or rivals or anything of the sort, but i still think people all deserve a fair and proper goodbye

also as much as i annoy people and meme, i think only a subforum, and only one subforum on this board about game dev should be heavily moderated only for insults, memes and jabs and shit. just discussion. yes, it does violate the idea of creativity and depersonalizes our combined discussion. however, with a dying game and a crisis like this, autocracy is the most effective way to lead in this situation. im not saying censor people for being wrong; i am saying censor people for not taking it seriously a la rofl u fucking suck noob or ur an incompetent fuck.

gl hf stef

(also i havent seen this many people united against one thing here for awhile; stef you at least brought some form of unity)
Thanks given by: Orynge
wuut I'm not even a Stef hater, I just hate his corrupt ideology that he persistently permeates and demonstrates all over again without considering others' opinion. he leaves me no choice but to stab stab stab

i agree wid the rest please read the full thread
Thanks given by:
Stef, I really think that you had the best intentions in mind, but your methods and your attitude were always going to run you into trouble with the shitflicking brigade.
Thanks given by:
Sad to see how the same few troublemakers that have been ruining the forum environment for years now finally have trolled away the last two active developers and still can't fricking understand that by now the game is dead indeed.

I haven't been so confident and excited about the progress and a next release since years and now this. I truely hope that this will not be it, but honestly I couldn't blame stef or grenadier if they just went off for good. Just sad...
Thanks given by:
(25 May 15, 11:28PM)stef Wrote: I have a problem with you not having my back. I have a problem with you insisting, that there can be no consequences whatsoever for someone who calls me hitler. That is my problem. And it is obviously with you. How many times do I have to say that?

So are you acting as if I was the last person to have your back and supposedly without that, you have nothing? I explained the hitler thing and so have others. I still 100% disagree that 6 points was deserved. Vanquish has experience with AC as far as community and is well known; he should have a bit more leniency than someone that say registered yesterday. I understand you're mad but MY point is that it didn't even happen on the forum. It would be a different story otherwise. Yes a quote was posted and then it got deleted. It was then reposted sure but not by Vanquish, not even the original quote did he post. If anything, you should have warned Marti honestly in this case but Vanquish got it instead. Why?

Quote:How can any project get anywhere, if people don't work together as a team?

I want you to do your job and manage the forum. Btw, email notifications have not been working for almost a month. I hope, that that is the reason why cleaner and RK didn't respond to PMs lately. Or they are gone, too. Who knows...

Now see, this is exactly what I'm talking about earlier in IRC. I have no idea when things like this break. To me, email notifications are working perfectly fine. I'm not lazy in maintaining the forum but not everything gets brought to my attention.

Stef, honestly, nothing should have come this far. I honestly do support you and a lot of other players did too. We're fighting a battle not worth fighting for and in this one case, I believe you did one wrong thing in forum moderation. Sort the warning log by your username and only the last 3 are revoked, two from myself for the split thread and the one from Vanquish. I agree with Vanquish in this case because honestly, you should have gone after Marti if you were going to go after anyone. I'm sorry I was there to try and show you that.
Thanks given by:
(25 May 15, 08:21PM)stef Wrote: Undead claimed, that acr is not illegal, when indeed it steals game media and uses it without permission (including media files from me, that's why I can be sure about it). And the "opinion", that it is okay to steal the media from a game is certainly not okay on the forum of said game.

no stef, i never claimed anything in particular from the outset (i know you like to automatically assume you know the answer before you speak); i was attempting to have a discussion with you so we could come to the logical conclusion of whether they were indeed breaking the law. as it turns out, it depends on the jurisdiction. i'm not going to bother arguing with you on that subject again because it is pointless, but the point i am trying to make is that you assume that you know more than you actually do.

(25 May 15, 05:02PM)stef Wrote: The law is clearly not your area if you can't understand

in that specific section of the law that we were speaking about (copyright law), i am actually well-read on that subject, unlike you.

(25 May 15, 05:02PM)stef Wrote: You should stick to stuff like your highly sophisticated "guide to mid skill".

what a surprise; stef has zero sense of humor. stef's internal monologue goes something like this: "if he trolls, he must be stupid!". that internal monologue is the mark of a complete idiot.

(25 May 15, 05:02PM)stef Wrote: And I "censored" your internet-folklore point-of-view, because a) it was completely wrong

stef; your stupid is showing. firstly, if you had any idea about the law, you'd realize that censoring something simply because it is "wrong" is false reasoning, and the underpinning arguments supporting censorship are never based around that precedent. the real reason you're censoring something is because you personally feel threatened by the revelation of that information. do you understand now, stef? this is what i have been trying to drill into your head for a very long time but it never quite seems to click. you're putting your ego where the law is; the law of the forum revolves around whether something offends you personally or not, not upon any objective standard of judgement to maintain order.

why do you really think i take the piss out of you on this forum? because there is no fair rules, there has never been, whether i get banned or not is simply based around whether i offend you or not. and in the case that i have to point this out (which i really hope that i don't), that is RIDICULOUS.

(25 May 15, 05:02PM)stef Wrote: Just to make that clear: what I tried to accomplish here, did actually work. After a long decline where the playerbase went from 300 online to 30 online and almost all contributors had left the game, the forum was slowly coming around. Insults and destructive behaviour on the forum were on a record-low, some small useful discussions emerged undisturbed - the need for moderation was actually declining. Also, my attempts to build up new testers began to work (of course not among the usual bigmouths... no surprise here) and several old and competent former contributors started showing interest in the game again. Things were looking good.

stef's delusional view of success, everyone. utterly, incomprehensibly, delusional.

furthermore, please stef. please AVOID talking about anything even vaguely related to the social sciences (politics, history, psychology, law, etc.), because you have absolutely NO IDEA what you are talking about. zero idea. none. please no more.

(26 May 15, 12:22AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Sad to see how the same few troublemakers that have been ruining the forum environment for years now finally have trolled away the last two active developers and still can't fricking understand that by now the game is dead indeed.

will you actually let me do something now? no, seriously, what the fuck? you barely have any active developers, the least you could do is let me do something to improve the game. unlike every other stupid bastard to run the game into the ground before, i actually know how to at least salvage some sort of upward direction from this mess of a game, even if our best chances have passed.
la chance, c’est comme le Tour de France. on l’attend longtemps et ça passe vite. quand le moment vient, faut sauter la barrière sans hésiter.
Thanks given by:
(26 May 15, 12:22AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Sad to see how the same few troublemakers that have been ruining the forum environment for years now finally have trolled away the last two active developers and still can't fricking understand that by now the game is dead indeed.
I haven't been so confident and excited about the progress and a next release since years and now this. I truely hope that this will not be it, but honestly I couldn't blame stef or grenadier if they just went off for good. Just sad...
Dont fool yourself, the game has not just died now. It has been a slow and painful death (for those who love this game and stick to it) that started 2 years ago.
When the game shouldve had a turning point in order to fidelize the new playerbase. When AC developers couldve made AC something big with the help of the (at that time) very active community but were afraid to do so because they wouldnt have full power & decision over everything thats done and Because they're afraid and reluctant to change, unknown and whatever isnt familiar to their own definition of fun and how the game "should be played" (while not keeping up, yet criticizing most innovative ideas from active players)

It is sad to see this game die, with barely anyone left to pick it up. But it's not like we didnt know about it. More than 2 years ago, plenty of players turned inactive because the game was staling and not moving forward like it should, which lead to less interest and eventually players quitting or switvhing to another game while the newcomers wouldnt stick around because they werent allowed to have fun, but instead, were being forced into "having fun" with what a bunch of "developpers" defined as fun for everyone (which is very egoistical and tyranic in its own way)

Said it again and again but here it is one more time. The incapability of developpers to lead a game project and their refusal to cooperate and give some commands & decision power to the capable people in the community is what ultimately killed AssaultCube
Thanks given by:

This summarizes exactly my thoughts.
It's very sad to see the last truly active developer leave because of some kids without respect...
Thanks given by:
(26 May 15, 07:53AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: So are you acting as if I was the last person to have your back and supposedly without that, you have nothing?
Don't try to weasel out of this like Vanquish. You knew the consequences and made the decision. You are the last senior team member around and you are the sole administrator of the forum. It is your responsibility.
Yes, Vanquish didn't say the word - but he said I am him. Yes, G1gantuan did say the word, but did only indirectly call me him. Yes, it did happen on IRC but it was carried to the forum immediately - where Vanquish cheered for it again. Now, Vanquish even tries to weasel out by calling it "sarcastical". Yeah, god forbid, anyone would finally accept responsibility for his actions. Once you are not pleased with the outcome, you weasel out. It was your action, your responsibility, your fault.

And you are the last person around. When did you last talk with aerke, RK, the lead devs? Or Lucas or even cleaner or Bukz? Did you talk with anyone from the dev team, if you are making the right decision? If you are making the decision on your own, because it's your forum, then you can't blame other people for it. Grow a spine.

(26 May 15, 07:53AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Stef, honestly, nothing should have come this far.
I tried talking to you. You made up bullshit about my moderation - and when I called you on it, you ran away and avoided IRC for an unprecedented three days. You knew very well, that I wanted to talk. You didn't want to.

(25 May 15, 07:06PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: So lets switch. What if I left completely and you came back.
You are acting like a little kid. I did not prevent you from doing your work. Thanks to your decision, I have no basis for work on AC anymore. You made me fair game for the forum mob. Not the other way round. I told you, that I needed the forum and what I needed it for and why. I told you, that I need your support. You own the forum.
I'm not leaving "just to make a point", it's not a "passive aggressive ploy". I cannot continue to work, because you don't support me. You left me no choice.

(26 May 15, 07:53AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: I honestly do support you
Liar. You saying that means nothing, when all your actions prove otherwise. You did not support me against the worst kind of insult. You didn't even support me when I simply worked exactly as we had agreed upon.

(26 May 15, 07:53AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: If anything, you should have warned Marti honestly
That would have been a waste of time. At this point, it was very clear, that my warnings weren't worth anything. If I had given any further warnings, you would just have revoked them, like the others. You had no reason to revoke any of them, because I issued them according to our agreement. You just made up new rules about insults not deserving warnings anymore, so you could revoke them. I told you repeatedly, that I won't moderate the forum anymore. I told you repeatedly, that you have to moderate yourself, like you always claimed. You did not warn Marti. You did not delete any of hist posts (including the hitler-quote). You did not warn Vanquish, not even a single point. You did not delete any of his posts. You did not warn G1gantuan. You did nothing. Nothing then, nothing now. Your decision. You know IRC well enough, to be aware, that kicking and banning on IRC does not work. The only thing that works on IRC is switching to moderated - which is punishement for everyone but the offender himself. A forum warning was my only possibility to show to Vanquish, that he can not just insult me in whatever way he pleases.
Btw, grenadier made a nice point. We ban cheaters all the time from the forum. Not warn. Ban. None of them ever cheated on the forum.

You never explained, how Marti was able to give me warning points. Would you care to expand on that? I showed you the insulting PM that I got from him. Is that also "not on the forum"? Are insulting PMs okay for you? Or was your new rule just, that it is okay to insult me? It sure looks that way...

(26 May 15, 07:53AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Vanquish got it instead. Why?
<sarcasm>Are you really that hard of understanding?</sarcasm> BECAUSE HE CALLED ME HITLER.
Even Vanquish agrees now, that calling someone hitler may not be something to be proud of - which is why he's trying to weasel out of it now with his "I didn't say the word". Even HE knows. Only YOU insist, that it was a "petty little thing".

It was your decision, that there can not be any consequences for that.

I told you, it will have at least one consequence. You got to decide, which one. You made the decision. Now live with it.
Thanks given by: