discuss testing next AC versions from git
Don't think you'll get a lot of testers willing (or knowing how to) compile/update svn.
How about you release an alpha package and a compiled client like once a week? Maybe you'll get more testers and better results like this. I won't be bothered to update svn and compile to test alone.
Thanks given by:
During our svn-days (we moved to git in 2013, dude) binaries would be uploaded to the repository quite often. This didn't matter much with svn, because it only wasted space on the server. With git, everyone always has the complete version history on the local harddrive. Adding intermediate binaries to that would blow the size of the repository through the roof.

So, just install a compiler and some libraries and compile the binaries yourself. This way, you won't have to wait for someone else to compile and upload them.

Also, testing is much quicker, if everyone can compile the sources himself. For example, if someone, who uses windows, tests some features with a dev, who works only with linux - and they find and fix a bug - the user can just compile and test the fix himself immediately. Otherwise, they would have to wait for some dev who uses windows to have time to compile and upload the fix. (2014 we had a bug in the sources, that lead to immediate crashes on windows - and no one noticed it for three months, because no one uses windows to develop software)

Furthermore, I consider that trickjumps must be removed
Thanks given by:
I argeed with macm

Furthermore, I consider this pointless message must be removed
Thanks given by:
This one is a test: https://github.com/ac-stef/AC/commits/bin_linux64

To use it, you should still install a git client and clone the repository (and add my fork as remote, since that's where the binary is) - but you don't need a compiler or development libraries.

If 64-bit linux binaries don't help you, you may a) get, why I think, it's better, if you install a compiler and b) need to bother someone else, because at the moment, I don't have a windows installed, that I could use for that.

Furthermore, I consider that trickjumps must be removed
Thanks given by:
(17 Mar 15, 08:14PM)stef Wrote: With git, everyone always has the complete version history on the local harddrive. Adding intermediate binaries to that would blow the size of the repository through the roof.
* Can't you put them in a separate branch? If you want to have binary versions, you just fetch that branch...
* You know shallow cloning?

Quote:So, just install a compiler and some libraries and compile the binaries yourself. This way, you won't have to wait for someone else to compile and upload them.
* If everyone had Linux, that would be correct. But compiling AC source on Mac just sucks...
* Are there docs available about compiling AC? Docs listing all the dependencies?
Thanks given by:
(21 Mar 15, 04:15PM)MathiasB Wrote: * Can't you put them in a separate branch? If you want to have binary versions, you just fetch that branch...
You probably mean a fork, since the branch still would be part of the repository.

(21 Mar 15, 04:15PM)MathiasB Wrote: * You know shallow cloning?
That won't fetch you the history.

You have to understand, that compiled binaries in a repository are basically junk. We certainly won't blow up the repository size with it, just to tell everyone to clone shallow, because we stuffed the repository with junk.

Also: even if we would add binaries from time to time, the chances are very small, that a binary for your architecture is available for the version, that you want to test. If you want to test stuff from the forks (where, for example, some devs prepare their new stuff), your chances are basically zero.

(21 Mar 15, 04:15PM)MathiasB Wrote: * Are there docs available about compiling AC? Docs listing all the dependencies?
You probably should have started with that...
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7917.html
Thanks given by:
Quote:You probably mean a fork, since the branch still would be part of the repository.
Nope, I meant branch, but I (totally incorrect) assumed that git wouldn't clone that particular branch. sorry...

Quote:That won't fetch you the history.
Indeed...

Git isn't made for binary files...

Quote:You probably should have started with that...
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7917.html
Harps linked me to it on IRC. I must have missed that post before!
Thanks given by:
Did this get fixed for 1.3?
Having sparks fly out as if an invisible wall is there?

Also AR says this in the menu
[Image: xsYFEm0.jpg?1]
But this on the gun.
[Image: HXcaZnr.jpg?2]
Thanks given by:
I agree macm <3
Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 15, 09:42PM)Nightmare Wrote: [Image: HXcaZnr.jpg?2]

To be fair I can't even read this.
Thanks given by:
It's MT-57, much more visible in game. Screenshots come out dark for some reason :p
Thanks given by:
/rewind crashes me on 1.2 as well
Thanks given by: