Rapier
Rapier by RKTnoob 2015

GET IT ON AKIMBO!

[Image: screenshots.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I like the layout & all of the vertical action(stairs/bridges/cool jump areas/etc.)

Played a 3v3 inter on it. Lainio got brought up for comparisons.
Thanks given by:
I'm banned on akimbo so can i get another download link please?
Thanks given by:
You can download it in game by typing /getmap rapier
Thanks given by:
It's good in average, the things I'd improve are the roof delimitations between walls and the skymap, and also maybe fix the custom textures to make it fit with the cube grid, like the gray floor texture for example.
Also, it's kinda poor in texture variety, especially when the player needs to recognize the area where he his, nothing but the architecture can give his aproximative position or tell him in which base he is because both bases are textured the same way.
Thanks given by:
The layout's pretty fun and unique: nothing I've seen screams "poor gameplay", so good work on that! However, the aesthetics seem... Odd. They're actually not inherently bad, in fact one of the first things I noticed was how nicely you handled the outside boundaries, but there's a weirdly basic quality to the map. The best way I can describe it is it feels like a beta, where you were planning on adding more details and texture variety but simply haven't done so yet.
All in all, I feel like your map has a lot of potential and I'd love to see where it might go with some tweaks and revisions. It's good, it really is! :)
Thanks given by:
Very, very nice. No negative comments, only nice things to say about this one.

Definitely want to play this in game. Keep it as is, maybe the only things that may need changing are some item placements but otherwise you've hit the mark here. Disagree with previous remarks about low texture variety. Found the map very easy to learn and navigate. Release worthy?
Thanks given by:
Outside boundaries were suggested by Z3R0. It would be unfair to take all the credit here, SnooSnoo and Z3R0 went out of their way to help me make this map with edits and good advice, even if they're entering the competition with their own entries.
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 15, 10:29AM)Medusa Wrote: I'm banned on akimbo so can i get another download link please?

wuut. for what?
Thanks given by: