Akimbo issue
I have switch to primary after akimbo set as default, and I keep current weapon on getting akimbo. If I have pistol drawn when I get the akimbo, it does not switch. I will pick up the akimbo, but still only have my one pistol drawn instead of two. Is there anyway to exclude pistol from current weapon in this particular instance? If I have pistol drawn, I think it should switch automatically to akimbo, even with keep current weapon. Has this already been mentioned? I didn't see anything in the forums about it.
I suppose an easy temporary half-fix would be to switch to primary on picking up akimbo, but then still have to scroll once. I don't include grenades or knife in my scroll, so easier for me to scroll either way but possibly difficult for others who have everything in their scroll
Thanks given by:
Could you explain this situation? Sorry, I don't understand...

1. "I have switch to primary after akimbo set as default, and I keep current weapon on getting akimbo."  - if you get akimbo, you want to keep current weapon or switch to akimbo? I don't know, whether I understand correctly, but the problem for you is, that when you have primary and get akimbo, it switches you to akimbo and you have to switch manually again to primary?
2. "If I have pistol drawn when I get the akimbo, it does not switch" - switch to akimbo?
3. " I will pick up the akimbo, but still only have my one pistol drawn instead of two." - how to reproduce it?
Thanks given by:
I think I just over-did the explanation.
I turn auto-switch to akimbo OFF in weapon settings, because I want to keep primary drawn when I pick up akimbo (IF I have primary drawn when I pick-up akimbo)
It's a catch-all setting though, and I personally think that regardless of this setting, if pistol is drawn it should automatically switch to akimbo, because it's dual pistols. No one wants to have pistol drawn and 2 damn bullets left and pick up akimbo and it doesn't switch, scrolling furiously for another weapon to use lol
Regardless of the auto-switch to Akimbo being off, it should switch if pistol is drawn upon picking up Akimbo.
Make sense now?
Probably a simple script. *if curweapon = pistol auto-switch 1* blah blah some other shit I don't fully understand :P
Yes, I know that's not a proper script, lol
Thanks given by:
It's weird, because I can't reproduce it (and not only me) - it always switches from single pistol to akimbo, regardless of akimboautoswitch value... (you use some hacked version or what? :))

Btw we (some devs) had some discussion about  "akimboautoswitch" variable, so maybe (?) it will be removed in the future. The problem is, that some players (especially SMGers) get on purpose akimbo, in order to others don't get it and with intention to not use it themselves. Of course I understand, that some players (especially SMGers) don't want to use it, because it is rather weaker than SMG and this break between switching from SMG to akimbo can be deadly, so this variable is useful for them. What to do, what to do... ;)
Thanks given by:
It seems to be if I get akimbo WHILE SWITCHING or a split second after switching to pistol
Thanks given by:
(02 Mar 15, 09:34PM)grenadier Wrote: because [the Akimbo] is rather weaker than SMG and this break between switching from SMG to akimbo can be deadly

The Akimbo is stronger, the real issue here is the break because the switch takes time.
Thanks given by:
As far as players getting akimbo so no one else will, that is a perfectly logical tactical move. I do it all the time. I don't see the issue with that? You're one of those that thinks every kid in a competition should get a trophy, huh? hahaha!

OK, so back on topic, this is a legitimate issue. Happened three times yesterday
Thanks given by:
(03 Mar 15, 12:42PM)Boomhauer Wrote: OK, so back on topic, this is a legitimate issue. Happened three times yesterday

do you have a demo of a game where this happened to you?
Thanks given by:
(02 Mar 15, 11:42PM)Boomhauer Wrote: It seems to be if I get akimbo WHILE SWITCHING or a split second after switching to pistol

OK, known. There are few problems with getting/expiring akimbo during weapon switching, for akimboautoswitch = 0.

(03 Mar 15, 12:42PM)Boomhauer Wrote: As far as players getting akimbo so no one else will, that is a perfectly logical tactical move. I do it all the time. I don't see the issue with that?

But that is the problem, if you don't want to use some item, just try to not get it, otherwise you will "make happy" by this item. And removing akimboautoswitch would popularize better tactical move, like "jump over akimbo" (/me pokes harps), which is neutral, I mean, it isn't directed "piggishly" against other players.
The question is, what is better for game/gameplay, not only for group of people using SMG (because it seems to me, that akimboautoswitch=0 is used mainly by them).

Thanks given by:
(03 Mar 15, 07:38PM)Marti Wrote:
(03 Mar 15, 12:42PM)Boomhauer Wrote: OK, so back on topic, this is a legitimate issue. Happened three times yesterday
do you have a demo of a game where this happened to you?
You wouldn't be able to tell......
*EDIT I guess you would be able to tell. I think I have one I will track it down

I need to re-state what the problem is. I actually explained it something of the opposite way it happens. I will lose akimbo while firing it, and it does not switch back to regular pistol after it's gone, so I'm left clicking. I am working on a vid of it will upload soon.
Thanks given by:
OK!! Instead of making anyone look at a demo to show this, I just made a 9 sec video of an occasion of it. 
It does actually happen both ways. I end up with empty akimbo sometimes when they go away and have to scroll away and back to pistol to draw the single. Very frustrating lol. Happens to me regularly.

Thanks given by:
Haha, I have a problem in the opposite direction. If I switch to akimbo just as it expires, I end up with akimbo but 0 ammo at all, can't fire until I switch and then akimbo goes away. Not really a problem so much, but funny.
Thanks given by:
Idk if its the same problem, but if I have a nade picked up, and I am firing with smg // ar, it auto switches me to a nade. Its so annoying as it always happens during a battle. Therefore sometimes I try to avoid picking up nades. Maybe its the root problem is the same, idk.
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 15, 03:59AM)vonunov Wrote: Haha, I have a problem in the opposite direction.  If I switch to akimbo just as it expires, I end up with akimbo but 0 ammo at all, can't fire until I switch and then akimbo goes away.  Not really a problem so much, but funny.
Yes, it happens both ways. I think maybe only if you don't use auto-switch. And it's been a problem for me. Not huge, but it happens often, and usually results in me dead ;)
Thanks given by: