ac_coal
Coal by Halo & Snoosnoo
Hoist template by RandumKiwi

[Image: QOPyYSY.jpg]

This map was made for the contest that RandumKiwi posted and was made using his original ac_hoist template. I want to thank Snoosnoo for helping me and all the people that helped us play test, search for bugs, give us ideas, or even kept us company during mapping. I won't list you guys, but you know who you are.

I hope you enjoy!
Thanks given by:
Sorry to double post, but it would appear as if I forgot the link to the map. Silly me, anyways, here it is

http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=1406
Thanks given by:
We've only play tested this with some 2v2 games, but it does Play really well. If anyone else can test it we'd appreciate it :)
Thanks given by:
I will say I wouldn't be surprised if there was a slight biased nature for rvsf, though I think with some planning and teamwork it can be over came. I noticed it a bit, but not so bad that it was dead in the water.
Thanks given by:
Honestly, is this map so good that no one can comment on it?

From a drunk snoo.
Thanks given by:
Well, as RVSF you have complete control of all important pickups ; you can get 2 kevlars, and have someone watching the ladder in just 5seconds which prevents CLA to get an helmet+akimbo.

I found easier to get out of RVSF tho, where CLA is smaller but with a hudge tower in the middle of it : It makes you uncapable to spawnrape your ennemies.
Where RVSF base is bigger, some boxes around to camp and spawnrape easier. If you get the flag ,after one corner you can't get caught IMO.

This map is interesting, alot of stuff to do but I highly doubt that alot of people are going to take this long ladder.I think Vanquish or some other players could talk about what side is more biased at angles level but this map is playable imo.

I also think it could be played as a competitive level, for textures/models etc.. I can't really help you there because I've never made any map before but I think the layout is great.
Thanks given by:
Agree with hosta, this map is a beaty and it is probably playable in matches. I do think that RVSF got advantages at some points.
Thanks given by: