Can't get custom maps from servers
Hey!

I've been playing AssaultCube for a while, and remember it being able to download custom maps from the server on-the-spot. After taking a hiatus, I found that I can't download custom maps any more (at least, from the server) from the two computers I own. In fact, while playing with my friend the other day, she was able to download maps just fine, so maybe it's something that I set up wrong?

I have "Auto map download" checked in my Misc. Settings and am able to join servers without custom maps just fine. I'm also on Windows 8.1 on both. "Full Control" to the AssaultCube folder has been granted to the user account I play on with both computers.

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!
Thanks given by:
What error do you get?

Edit: try "/autogetmap 1"

PS. I removed 2 off-topic posts.
Thanks given by:
The weird part is, I didn't get any error and would stay on the current map. However, something's changed (maybe /autogetmap 1?) and I now get "cannot read packages/maps/xxxx.cgz".

Thanks for your help!
Thanks given by:
Hey MissSweeti,

Firstly, can you try "/savemap test" in game - this will attempt to save a map named test.cgz. The purpose of this is to see if there are actually permissions to write map files. If this does not work try what I have written next.

Did you install Assault Cube in the right place? When you download the game the installer should ask you where to create the appropriate game folders - perhaps you mistakenly clicked on the first option "Windows XP" rather than the second one, which uses "My Documents". You should reinstall Assault Cube.
Thanks given by: