Assault cube for nintendo 64?
Hi dudes at assault cube, I was wondering if you could make your game for the nintendo 64, i love playing my nintendo 64 cause it's better than any other nintendo every made, this would be so awesome to play with my friends with a remote and the system!

That would be just great. Thanks!!!
Thanks given by:
Well.... They say it will run on toasters...
Give it a shot greenman64!

Link us to the rom when you get done!
=)
Thanks given by:
I think he's asking somoene else to do it...
Thanks given by:
I think forever knows that ;)
Thanks given by:
If you can't do it yourself then just play some goldeneye man no-one is going to go to that much effort, that said if someone developed(re-released http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64DD) hardware that enabled 64's to have online capabilities I reckon that guy would make a lot of money if you marketed it right, there are a lot of people who reckon the 64 was the pinnacle of mankind

"Ura Zelda (裏ゼルダ, literally "Another Zelda") was a Nintendo 64 Disk Drive expansion disk designed for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. However, due to the failure of the 64DD peripheral, the game was never released." :'(
Thanks given by:
(21 Jan 15, 06:33AM)Robtics Wrote: I think forever knows that ;)

;D
Thanks given by:
Step 1: Buy the Intel Nuc and needed stuff (such as SSD, ram, power cord, etc)
Step 2: Put the Intel Nuc board in the N64
Step 3: Install Windows/Linux
Step 4: Install an N64 emu and AC
Step 5: PROFIT!!! (You can play AC and N64 games using an Intel Nuc modded into an N64 case to make it look like it's an actual N64
Thanks given by:
Step 1: Slap someone
Step 2 : PROFIT
Thanks given by:
I'm confused, you say this is an N64, but don't mention the cartridge reader (which I suspect is based on the old ISA bus architecture and would be therefore uncommon to find).

Additionally, N64 never had SSD/HDD storage.

P.S: Why ruin a loved classic?
Thanks given by:
Smash your computer in a N64 case and cut and paste the keyboard keys onto a N64 joypad, and there you go!

Let us know!
Thanks given by:
N64 is old school. Why are we suggesting Old School when it's not a feasible recommendation? Grow AC first, then bank it good style to a past gaming system. Why is this conversation even happening? Does the dumbfuck who made this thread even understand N64? Let's discuss that topic before we begin to consider a topic like AssaultCube. You fking redic. I get you. I really do. Super Smash. Mario Kart. BADASS GAMES, but AssaultCube really? Like time-out... I honestly need to add another fking RLLY to that one. N64 and AC are old school but n64 isn't relevant today. It's all about "I wank this 'station and I wank that 'station. Welcome to reality. Get N64 to come back on a golden re-release and BOOM!!. There you go. Until then? Quit being a fking duestch and play the fking game.
Thanks given by:
I see SOMEONE is drinking again..
Thanks given by:
The Pimp-Hand of Justice disagrees with your tone.
Thanks given by:
idk why you would want to port AC to the N64 when there's a perfectly good goldeneye
Thanks given by:
(04 Feb 15, 11:07AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: idk why you would want to port AC to the N64 when there's a perfectly good goldeneye

True.. I wish they would release that on Steam.
Thanks given by:
(04 Feb 15, 08:39PM)MykeGregory Wrote:
(04 Feb 15, 11:07AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: idk why you would want to port AC to the N64 when there's a perfectly good goldeneye

True.. I wish they would release that on Steam.

Me too (now that steam runs on Linux)
Thanks given by:
I'm assuming this is some sort of an insinuation to the one thread about AC on android ..
Thanks given by:
I wish AssaultCube is on Steam :(
Thanks given by:
I'm actually interested to give the porting a go (with a huge cut off the actual features) I LOVE to mess with embedded systems/hardware but I might need $upport to buy a flashcart to try it on the actual hardware (I already own a N64). I'll see if I can use an emulator in the meantime (which I doubt since most emulators don't emulate the Reality Coprocessor altought I might be wrong on this).
Thanks given by:
Update
Well I tried it and actually can get something to be drawn on the emulator screen (as I don't have the flashcart yet to play on the n64 hardware) nonetheless although a small step its quite a significant one, but hey I'm not done yet :D
Here is an screenshot:
http://imgur.com/bm0UNEl
and the rom which can be played with the mess emulator (or in the n64 if you have the flashcart):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ads57s...k/ac90.v64
Edit: Yes, it's AC 0.90
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 15, 12:37AM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: I wish AssaultCube is on Steam :(
Me too! :-(
Thanks given by:
If it ever happened how much money would it dissolve???
Thanks given by:
If you are referring to my post:
Initially $200 usd for the flashcart (electricity bill and more importantly man workforce and time runs on my account)
Next step in my .plan is to load an ac map and display it (which in itself is comprised of plenty of other things and requires several other steps and problems to solve in order to accomplish said step :D).
This is the flashcart: http://64drive.retroactive.be/

Otherwise if you mean for Steam then I don't know, I suppose if AC goes Steam it would be free and remain open source I guess.
Thanks given by:
$200? That's kind of expensive.
Thanks given by:
That is some awesome research into the 64; I was talking about steam though. Steam may attract a few more players, but I found this game a few years ago looking for f2p games. Still worth a shot though(for free :) )
Thanks given by:
I'd give anything to see a AC cartridge lol
Thanks given by:
I haven't abandoned this project at all and in fact I've made a significant progress as I now able to render a full colored triangle in software mode (rendering by hardware is complicated at the time as there are not enough documentation). However this research into the Nintendo 64 has led me to another things, that is, making my own software renderer.
Thanks given by:
rad
Thanks given by: