Desappointed by Halo
*After re-reading it, I said that I talked with Vanquish which is false, I didn't (yet?).*

I PM'd Halo about the mapping contest:

ExodusS Wrote:
ExodusS Wrote:Also, I planed to organise something with the mapping scene so I hope this competition isn't going to last years because I can not start another similar thing right after a mapping competition.

Hello, I just saw your topic and accordinly to what I said on RK's topic ~ a week ago, I was kinda sad to see this contest starting now, in the same time that RK's one and right before I was going to organise something. I can understand a new 'official' contest was needed since because since a while we've seen none.

What I was going to organise was a simple mapping contest with no real theme, or a theme which is very large and allow the mapper to create almost all he want. The specificity of this contest was to see the winner's map played in a tournament, and maybe even the second/third map accordingly to the quality of the entries, I already spoke with Vanquish and Larry and I was going to launch the mapping contest a few weeks after RK's shit, so that, the competitie scene had enough time to get used to the map until September, at the launching of the tournament and after the possible ACWC.

Now that you launched the contest, I'm kinda stuck, I can't wait until March at all, you obviously can't change the end date and anyway, between your contest, RK's thing and mine, the small mapping scene would be flooded, even if I wait a month or two after March, it would not work.

So, I ask you if there is anything you can do about that, in hope of a fast answer from your part before mappers start to do something serious. A played map is worth thousand of money prices IMO, and giving the opportunity to see a map played in a competitive tournament would just be such a reward with a possible way to see it official if it's good enough and accepted by the 'elite' players.

Pi_Halo Wrote:Two things:
A) This contest here has been trying to be organized for months, pre-dating both you and RK, so no, it won't be changed
B) It also won't be changed because of this statement: It makes me regret Halo as mapping competition organizer.

Have a good day

ExodusS Wrote:I am not the one who created a mapping contest with money as price when I was not able to pay it, also I never organized a mapping contest with a theme based on a map I already created.

What I said was just the truth, your hatefull and nasty answear is just prooving that I was right, it is also the proof that you prefer to win a 'private post fight' than giving the opportunity to one of the mappers of the incomming contest to see his map played in a tournament.

I also want to add something, since your recent coops with RKTnoob, I'm pretty sure a map that fits in the contest is already almost finished, if you know what I'm speaking about.

Selfish cheater.

Pi_Halo Wrote:A) I wasn't the only one that was suppose to pay that contest, nor was it my original idea. I got left high and dry and lost my job during the contest while no one that was suppose to help split the cost offered to pay.

B) Each contest was voted on in private of what the theme should be, not my fault if the contest fit something I was already working on, could have very well been something else just the same.

C) Why would I scratch months worth of organization just for some pity ACWC map pool?

D) RKT, nor anyone else from Pi, knew the theme until today, and if you don't believe that, I got proofs of the logs. Only reason RKT knew before the topic was posted was for the sake of the trophies but he had 0 time to start to work on a map to enter in the contest until after I had posted it.

So you might want to know the stories before you start pointing fingers. Just remember, when you point at someone, you always have a few other fingers pointing back at you. Just because only thing you care about is your world and those in it doesn't mean that the world outside of yours doesn't exist. There is more out there then just you.

ExodusS Wrote:A) When you paid your part, you gave an american $25 Amazon prepaid card and at this time, no exchange was possible, the shipping to France was more than $25, I decided to shup up, even if you cheated for the contest and even if you paid mobths latter. Also, to prove I did not care about the money, your $25 went to DaylixX because I thought he deserved his part with ac_greenpeace.

B) We saw the map with Undead a few weeks before the start of the contest, it was at least 95% finished, even if you did not pick the theme and it fitted with your map, you fixed rules that fitted the map such as custom contents or the rule that the map could have been done already but not released yet. To be fair, you could at least create a new map for the contest like everyone did, with Undead, ac_cavern was already half done and I decided to start a map from scratch for the contest, this is what you did not do, you prefered to present a map that needed only to be finished in like 4 months, when other participants started something from scratch and had to deal with the deadline.

C) Re-read what I wrote, it was intended to be played in a special tournament, not in the ACWC.

D) What I meant to say with RKTnoob is that, you used to help others a lot, even giving them credits of your works like you certainly did with Snoosnoo. You are a very good mapper Halo, even if you use way too much mapmodels, you still create quality maps and your style is recognizable trought many, I know who created what.

Fuck that.
Thanks given by:
PMs should stay PMs mate.

It's called a Private Message for a reason.
Thanks given by:
Pi_Halo Wrote:C) Why would I scratch months worth of organization

is this a joke? i'm quite sure i could organize a better competition in a day.

(16 Jan 15, 01:25AM)PhaNtom Wrote: PMs should stay PMs mate.

sometimes, pms need to be aired publicly.

here is what i feel should happen. if halo is going to run a terrible competition, why not run a superior competition in its place?
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 15, 01:36AM)Undead Wrote:
(16 Jan 15, 01:25AM)PhaNtom Wrote: PMs should stay PMs mate.

sometimes, pms need to be aired publicly.

here is what i feel should happen. if halo is going to run a terrible competition, why not run a superior competition in its place?

The reason of this thread is not to please myself or to provocate. There are actually people who try to make this game survive, and people that are ruinning other's work on purpose and making this game sink in it's own old shits for personal reasons.
Thanks given by:
"There are actually people who try to make this game survive, and people that are ruinning other's work on purpose and making this game sink in it's own old shits for personal reasons."

Funny you of all people should say that.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 15, 01:00AM)ExodusS Wrote: I said that I talked with Vanquish which is false, I didn't (yet?)

always here, just pm/ts me baby <3

I agree with the part about a mapper's ultimate goal being to have their map played. Myself and yopa were considering running a 3v3 ctf tournament with a pool comprised of entirely custom maps in the future, we just weren't really sure if there'd be any broad community interest. Anyway, I'd say just run your mapping contest tbh. I'm not a mapper, but if I were I'd much rather have my creation played in a tournament at a competitive level than have it entered in an "official" contest (how is Halo able to quantify his mapping contest as "official" if he's not a dev anyway?)
Thanks given by:
Actually Vanquish, to answer that question, you would have to ask archangel. He created the first 3 contest (with help from devs and other mappers), the name hasn't changed since. I didn't name it, I just continued to use it.
Thanks given by:
What are you trying to achieve with this thread?
Thanks given by:
Just for the record don't try to be clever with "desapointed" Halo is not in DES and has nothing to do with DES. You want to bitch slap each other in public knock yourselves out just leave DES out of it!
Thanks given by:
for the record it's DES-apointed or something close. Btw one of these days, I'd love to hear the tale of what led to Halo's ousting as DES commandant.
Thanks given by:
tl;dr... power struggle over who's running a mapping competition, etc.

Noteable things I picked up skimming the topic:
- Clever use of "desapointed", which is missing the second 'P' in its spelling.
- Halo was late to the party and wants to shout "I WAS FIRST!", but nobody cares.
- There are now three competitions??? Woah?!
- One of them has money involved? Woah!
- There's accusations that the contest was poorly run... no surprises there, you can never make everyone happy, there's always that one guy... tsk tsk.

(please understand that all of the above is satire and don't respond accordingly)
Thanks given by:
I'm perfectly willing to submit my entry 3 days before the end of the compo (if I don't release it sooner)just to remove any advantages anyone thinks I had because I knew the theme an ~hour before it was posted. There is really no need to argue this point any further.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 15, 02:05PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Noteable things I picked up skimming the topic:
- Clever use of "desapointed", which is missing the second 'P' in its spelling.
So you added other pointless things to this already pointless post and you deleted my post because I highlighted how funny that DESAPOINTED was. Go to post some holidays pics, meh
Thanks given by:
I didn't delete any posts.
Thanks given by:
Well, sorry then, I thought this because your post came just after the deletion of mine, so... nevermind.

KUDOS TO WHOEVER DID IT, IM REALY DESAPOINTED
Thanks given by:
you guys need a girlfriend.
Thanks given by:
I swear he just misspelled the whole word
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 15, 11:15PM)kleinkariert Wrote: you guys need a girlfriend.

can we share?
Thanks given by: