AC Match Client
(04 Mar 15, 11:06PM)Alien Wrote: So it is server-side interface. You need some secured mechanism with open client instead of closing it. Server side generated token with hashed logon information and time expiration isnt enough ? Or you can generate seperated token for each couple of request and response.

To my cynical mind, you asking for open source-ness (hey look, a new word) as well as asking about the anti-cheat system is very very suspicious. I'm pretty sure that a server binary comes with the package, if you want to run a server, I'm pretty sure you can.

So please, it's an amazing project, kindly stop whining about it's lack of open sourc-ness.

And finally, would it be possible to have a feature where players "ready up" at the beginning of the game? So the map loads, but the countdown doesn't start until everyone types "/ready". This might be seen as slightly unneeded, but it would be a useful feature for any sort of league where maps are chosen in advance, so people can leave the server on the map, and when everyone playing types "/ready" the map restarts. Could be kinda helpful.
Thanks given by:
Or you could just wait until everyone is ready before you start the match...
Thanks given by:
"And finally, would it be possible to have a feature where players "ready up" at the beginning of the game? So the map loads, but the countdown doesn't start until everyone types "/ready". .."

great idea. i believe all those who play matchs will agree.
Thanks given by:
(25 Apr 15, 03:17PM)Padfoot Wrote: And finally, would it be possible to have a feature where players "ready up" at the beginning of the game? So the map loads, but the countdown doesn't start until everyone types "/ready". This might be seen as slightly unneeded, but it would be a useful feature for any sort of league where maps are chosen in advance, so people can leave the server on the map, and when everyone playing types "/ready" the map restarts. Could be kinda helpful.

This is definitely a good idea and should be implemented on mastermode 2 in normal AC.
Thanks given by:
There is a thing in sauer, that works like you vote a map, it loads but the game doesn't start after 10 seconds. That should be cool too.
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 15, 04:06AM)Orynge Wrote: This is definitely a good idea and should be implemented on mastermode 2 in normal AC.

They have it in quake too, I agree it'd be cool in AC.

(26 Apr 15, 01:49PM)quico Wrote: There is a thing in sauer, that works like you vote a map, it loads but the game doesn't start after 10 seconds. That should be cool too.

That's a serverside modification, iirc either remod or hopmod.

I know it isn't the intended purpose of this thread, but since everyone else seems to be doing it: I'd like to see the ability to call a vote for a random map by typing /mode random instead of /mode map. I'd also like to disallow spectators from participating in votes too. While I know the latter can be done serverside, I think it should be a default feature, at least for /mastermode 2.
Thanks given by:
Server list updated :

Servers
  • /connect woop.ac 1337

Dev Server
Requires the latest client, only for players with private access
  • /connect woop.ac 8999

If you want private access, PM me
Thanks given by:
using the client, got 4 ping on 1337. not bad. 8999 is buggy error end of packet
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 15, 07:42PM)Halte Wrote: using the client, got 4 ping on 1337. not bad. 8999 is buggy error end of packet

yep you can't go on 8999 without the latest dev version (compiled from the source)
Thanks given by: