Poll: Which date is the best for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Saturday 31st of January
22.50%
9 22.50%
Saturday 7th of February
27.50%
11 27.50%
Both are fine for me
50.00%
20 50.00%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

rC league
(01 Jan 15, 03:39AM)MorganKell Wrote:  you all need to chill on it and play some real AC. Oh wait... what's that?!?! Yeah... learn learn yo skills ya hurp.

Uwantsum m9
Thanks given by:
Why can't we just like play something like this every weekend or every other weekend, depending on how good this actually is.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 15, 06:37PM)*LuCk* Wrote: Why can't we just like play something like this every weekend or every other weekend, depending on how good this actually is.

First of all, it's a lot of effort from our side. Second, people will eventually lose interest. Remember the AC weekend cup? Third, I'm not sure AC is active enough to run weekly tournaments.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, I'm sure other people will help if needed and that's why I said depending on how good it actually is.
Thanks given by:
Definitely hope I'm around for this one! Good work lads :)
Thanks given by:
waffles play with me please we will win together.

(01 Jan 15, 08:39PM)yopa Wrote: First of all, it's a lot of effort from our side. Second, people will eventually lose interest. Remember the AC weekend cup? Third, I'm not sure AC is active enough to run weekly tournaments.

activity will go down again soon. people just come back for the winter holidays. its the most active time of the year. i think the timing is right.
Thanks given by:
now you can call it the rC league ;)
Thanks given by:
Excelent! I'll be there to take my place!
Thanks given by:
A small update from us. The poll will close at the end of this week, which means on monday 12th of January, 00:01. Make sure that you and everyone who wants to play gets to vote before then.

We have also gotten a few new servers hosted by vonunov in New Jersey (if I'm not mistaken). I'll update the main post with the connects later, once we get everything settled. So it seems like we're all fine with east coast american servers for now, but could need some european ones if someone wants to contribute.

Our forum is now working (at least we think so), and if people could sign up there, that'd be awesome. We want to get some discussion there later on (such as if we should increase the team limit or not), and both signups and the match information will happen there. You can find it on http://rcleague.freeforums.org, or through our website at http://rc-league.tk
Thanks given by:
Bump, only a few more hours to vote.
Thanks given by:
lol
Thanks given by:
Considering the number of answer to the pool you should extend the team limit no ?
Thanks given by:
Sorry for the delay but we just realised that we couldn't actually close the poll ourselves, and we had to wait for external intervention in order to officially tie things up on this forum. From now on, most updates and discussion threads as well as signups will take place on our forum, so we encourage everybody to sign up there if they have not done so already. We will post one final thread on these forums (or bump this one) indicating that signups have opened when they do open.

The final votes for our poll were tied, however, with a result of nine players voting for Saturday 31st January, nine players voting for Saturday 7th February, and eighteen players saying that both dates were acceptable.

Given the fact that the votes were tied, we were forced to make a tricky decision. We based this decision on the players themselves that voted for each date. The vast majority of people voted that both dates were acceptable, which is great - however we've decided to go with Saturday 7th February as our date in the end, because the votes that were cast for that date correlated much more strongly with players who are conscripted to a clan, thus we felt that setting this date would encourage the aforementioned clan players to participate in their respective teams. We do however encourage everybody who is able to participate if they are available on this date, please do not feel deterred.

(12 Jan 15, 08:12AM)Million Wrote: Considering the number of answer to the pool you should extend the team limit no ?

Realistically, everybody who voted in the poll isn't likely to participate. Not because we don't want them to, but because no one-day tournament has or ever will have 40 participants before (it would be amazing, but we're realists). We're still sticking with the format we've planned for eight teams, however we are no longer capping the team limit to eight, instead this time to twelve. What this means is essentially if twelve teams do sign up, we will simply add a third group of four teams to the mix, with teams advancing from the group stages to the quarterfinals being decided by the group standings themselves. We've chosen to do things this way in order to cater for what you guys believe to be a heightened demand for team slots, however if the twelve slots are not filled we'll just continue with our original plan of having eight teams. More information on the format will follow on our forum.

Thanks for your continued interest in our project, we hope to see people participating. :)
Thanks given by:
have you considered a loser bracket?
Thanks given by:
Have you considered building a pub presence that.. oh sorry, we need pubs to begin with.. Have you considered helping reestablish pubs as the mainstay from which we draw our good players... in order to build a lasting foundation from which to fund tourneys?
Thanks given by:
For some reason Lucas thinks im involved in this and sent me a pm in which he tries to be funny and pretends to be larry. Well Lucas, i dont think you know much about the competitive scene because larry has nothing to do with me and i have nothing to do with this league.

*insert stupid pm from Lucas here*
Thanks given by:
This is rC league post , please.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 15, 12:31AM)ReDBuLL Wrote: This is rC league post , please.

But it is related to it, please.
Thanks given by:
I think they called it the league rC's league but it is not really a league organised by the rC clan but only by two of their members. But rC's servers are used. OK I'm lost too.
Thanks given by:
Does it really matter what the tourney is called? Atleast they are showing initiative to revive the competitive scene in AC.
Thanks given by:
F1!
Thanks given by:
Sup guys.

As you may have noticed, it's been a while since we've posted anything. This is definitely not an indication that our plans for the future development of this league are coming to any kind of stagnation, neither is it a sign that we've forgotten about the league as a whole - we hope you guys haven't either!

yopa and I have both had numerous people approach us over the past few days asking whether or not the league scheduled for this Saturday is still taking place, and we're happy to announce that it is. It's worth noting that we've made a small change to our signup rule: to account for potential timezone difficulties we're opening our signups a full day before the initially stated date - that is to say, the signups themselves will open on Friday 6th February at 12pm (midday) GMT, and close at 1:45pm GMT on the Saturday 7th February. Our main motivation behind the inclusion of this rule was (as previously stated) to provide a greater spectrum of time in which people could conscript a team to the tournament, however this does not mean that signups will be confirmed or denied instantly - registered teams will be allocated slots and matches as the deadline approaches.
Remember, when the time span starts, you can register your team HERE.

We'll bump this thread again tomorrow with a preview of a preliminary bracket which should help some people to visually understand the format of the tournament a little better, and will additionally disclose the maps that are being played for each stage of the tournament.
That's all from our side (for now). Hope to see some people signing up! :)
Thanks given by:
Bump, signups are now open here. Tried posting this earlier but the AC forum seemed down, or incredibly slow.
Thanks given by: