Lag issue/FPS Drops with Windows 8
When I first start AC my fps is around 120-125 and within about 10 seconds it drops suddenly to around 57-60. The multi-player game is choppy for me now as well. I got this new razor abyssus mouse and have it set on 120Hz and 1800 dpi. The mouse makes the game super choppy on 1000Hz (the other setting), so I know it's not that, because I'm ofc using 120Hz. I am just wondering if anyone might know something that could help my FPS.

G-Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400, up to 1884 MB Dynamic Video Memory
Thanks given by:
This GC should be able to run most official maps at ~150 FPS but it will reach the limits fast with huge maps like ac_douze (beware huge non-official maps), and your issue looks like an overheat problem. When the temperature is too high, the GC will stop working at it's fully capacity until the temperature is low enough to come back at the "full power".
If you put all the graphic settings at "low" you might see a small difference, but I suggest to set a lower maxfps so that, your GC will not use it's full potential and will not overheat and drop your FPS because of thermal security. Maybe try "/maxfps 100" at first, if it still drops, set it at 95, then 90...

Intel HD Graphic cards series are processor graphic cards, what processor do you have?
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your response. I have an Intel i5-4200U 1.6GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz. I'm not at all a tech junkie, so I appreciate the help. I will try what you said to do. By the way, my graphics are already on horrible and everything to try for max FPS. I'll try to cap it at 100 and see if it will work.
Thanks given by:
Hey I tried capping fps at 100 and within seconds it still drops to 57-60 fps. Could it be something to do with V-Sync? I have it disabled and my friend tried to adjust somethings pertaining to V-Sync on my laptop, but it really didn't have an option to do much.
Thanks given by:
Does it also drop, if you don't move your view at all? Then it should be a overheating problem indeed. Try cleaning the CPU cooling system.

Did it ever work without dropping or was it always the same with this laptop? If it never worked, it's possible, that the cooling system simply doesn't support 100% GPU usage for more than a few seconds. In that case, enabling vsync may be a way to get stable 60 fps.

Don't worry. You can play fine with 60fps. I rarely even get that much.

(There is a reason, why gamers have huge rigs with lots of fans or even water cooling... i5-4200U doesn't even sound like a proper laptop, more like an ultrabook - their cooling is built for sprints, not for marathons)
Thanks given by: