Abuse Votes? woop|Lucas
Reagan, don't make me reach out this smack-hand and slap you around.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 01:48AM)Undead Wrote: i don't believe lucas is capable of pointing out his own faults, so good luck there.

/thread
Nothing else to add, really. Despite very few proofs, I also believe that its just another admin abuse on his servers but well its not like the community would take actions against an admin abuser on his own servers (hi PERROS), especially considering Lucas plays an important role in AssaultCube.

PS: Glad to have you back Undead, I missed people talking real sht here :)
Thanks given by:
WTF, you would all ban someone if they lagged and were effecting gameplay, we all know pings in that range can! Lucas is admin its his call on the day, he was there we were not. He is admin for a reason, if you don't like it go play somewhere else, or get some cash and buy your own VPS.

Now that the flames are high enough here, anyone wana roast some chestnuts it is Christmas after all.
Thanks given by:
If its Hawk/A/ (the one idling in our ts the other day) he is brazilian.

'Thinking he wrote lag' -> hilarious
Thanks given by:
We are real people and this is game, close the thread.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 08:38AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: WTF, you would all ban someone if they lagged and were effecting gameplay, we all know pings in that range can!

no, they can't. the delay only becomes an issue in a public server in the high 500 range, but usually that is accompanied by high PJ as well, which is the real issue. personally, if we were playing competitively, i wouldn't want to play on a ping higher than 250, but its a pub ffs. stop looking for every opportunity and little excuse to ban people. by the way, buying a VPS doesn't give you a moral free-pass to be an abusive admin; if you do that, i don't see why it is a terrible thing if certain people get VPNs and make life hell for you on your server.

(19 Dec 14, 05:32AM)Ron ald_Reagan Wrote: This thread turned into a shitfest really fast because no one really knew what happened and just started assuming shit. Honestly from what I see said by Dusa and Exoduss, Lucas may of had a legit reason for kicking then banning.

the key word there is 'may', as nobody actually knows precisely what happened, until both of them elaborate a little on the situation. even though he may have had a legitimate reason for kicking, its doubtful. i'm not assuming anything really, i'm just trying to say that hawk's story is more likely to be true than lucas' because lucas has the personality of a rager.

(19 Dec 14, 10:06AM)Alien Wrote: We are real people and this is game, close the thread.

what relevance does this have to the thread? expand a bit before saying 'close the thread'.
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 14, 11:00PM)Medusa Wrote:
(18 Dec 14, 04:38PM)Luc@s Wrote: i kicked you because you were lagging

Uhm..
do18dec2014 15:02 w00p|Lucas called a vote: kick player Hawk, reason: hacker (0 tks, ping 509)
do18dec2014 15:02 w00p|Lucas claimed admin status
do18dec2014 15:02 vote passed
do18dec2014 15:02 connected: Hawk
do18dec2014 15:02 w00p|Lucas called a vote: ban player Hawk, reason: lagger (0 tks, ping 452)
do18dec2014 15:02 vote passed
do18dec2014 15:02 player Hawk disconnected
yes, i have a kick command with the hacker reason and i used it. im sorry he believed that it was the reason, but when he came back : i told him why i kicked him.
also
1) why would i kick a hacker ? if i thoughthe was cheating i would have banned him and blacklisted and reported him and kept the demo
2) thanks for proving that his ping was 500+ when it happened; so the kick was legitimate

(19 Dec 14, 08:38AM)DamDam Wrote:
(19 Dec 14, 01:48AM)Undead Wrote: i don't believe lucas is capable of pointing out his own faults, so good luck there.

/thread
Nothing else to add, really. Despite very few proofs, I also believe that its just another admin abuse on his servers but well its not like the community would take actions against an admin abuser on his own servers (hi PERROS), especially considering Lucas plays an important role in AssaultCube.

PS: Glad to have you back Undead, I missed people talking real sht here :)

Are you fucking retarded DamDam ? whats wrong with your brain ? And by "your brain", am i referencing to something that actually exists ?
THis guy was lagging, proved it several times.
IT was the reason for the kick.
SO what the fuck is wrong with you
Should i let laggers play ?
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 08:38AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: WTF, you would all ban someone if they lagged and were effecting gameplay, we all know pings in that range can! Lucas is admin its his call on the day, he was there we were not. He is admin for a reason, if you don't like it go play somewhere else, or get some cash and buy your own VPS.

Now that the flames are high enough here, anyone wana roast some chestnuts it is Christmas after all.

This.
If you want to play with a very high and unstable ping or other laggers, youre not welcome on woop aura. Yes, i admit it : woop's policy is to kick laggers from the servers because we believe it might affect other players experience in a negative way.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 11:12AM)Undead Wrote: blabla

OK so here is what happened. I know youre just trolling but some people dont know you enough and might actually think your post are relevant.

1) guys comes in and kills me only once. I notice he lags. I keep playing. At some point i watch the scoreboard and notice this guys keeps lagging and hes having spikes. For some reasons, i use a quick kick command to get rid of the lagger (i think its because i was not dead and still playing so i needed a quick kick vote).

2) the guy comes back and complains im calling him a hacker blablabla. I tell him i kicked him because he is lagging (unstable ping, going over 500, and OFC high pj). SInce i dont want to kick him another hundred times just to please undead, i ban him (20 minutes, big deal).

3) the guy has a really poor life and creates an account just to come here and cry because as a lagger he got kicked.

the only thing that makes me rage is stupidity. And i think, undead, that even though you try to look smart being sarcastic, you are retarded.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 12:09AM)TheNihilanth Wrote: Hawk deserves and apology from Lucas.

because he lagged and i kicked him ?
can you stop posting if its to write shit like that?
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 14, 07:10PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(18 Dec 14, 06:39PM)jamz Wrote: Demo?

if you really have nothing more interested to do with your time, well, i am afraid you have to find something else to do than watching this demo of me kicking a lagger. We do not keep public game demos and also, i do not save demos of myself kicking laggers, for some reasons.

On one hand, I don't give a shit; on the other hand, I really don't give a shit. I only mentioned it because demos tend to clear up confusion in cases like this. Imagine how long this thread would have been...
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 01:28PM)jamz Wrote:
(18 Dec 14, 07:10PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(18 Dec 14, 06:39PM)jamz Wrote: Demo?

if you really have nothing more interested to do with your time, well, i am afraid you have to find something else to do than watching this demo of me kicking a lagger. We do not keep public game demos and also, i do not save demos of myself kicking laggers, for some reasons.

On one hand, I don't give a shit; on the other hand, I really don't give a shit. I only mentioned it because demos tend to clear up confusion in cases like this. Imagine how long this thread would have been...
well youre the most sane person on this thread.
unfortunately, sanzo only enabled demos very recently and only on the match servers.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 01:14PM)Luc@s Wrote: I know youre just trolling but some people dont know you enough and might actually think your post are relevant.

how deluded do you have to be to think that i'm trolling 24/7? just because i'm correct does not mean i'm trolling.

(19 Dec 14, 01:14PM)Luc@s Wrote: the only thing that makes me rage is stupidity. And i think, undead, that even though you try to look smart being sarcastic, you are retarded.

right, is that why you're raging 24/7? angry at your own imperfection?
cmon, have some humility. we're all human. i know you're more mathematically/scientifically inclined than i am, but when it comes to anything requiring a bit of abstract thought, you aren't very intelligent at all. hence AC 1.2 balance

(19 Dec 14, 01:05PM)Luc@s Wrote: yes, i have a kick command with the hacker reason and i used it. 

case solved; not hard to say that in the first place, is it?

i still think its absolutely ridiculous that you're banning people for high ping. it doesn't really matter at all tbh. if he had high pj it'd be a bit different. but w/e, that's your choice.
Thanks given by:
Although I'm not sure everyone if us would take the decision to ban someone because of his ping spikes, I agree with Anderson when he says that if you're unhappy with Lucas's server management, you can go and play elsewhere. After all, its his VPN, his servers with his own admin rules (be it fair or not) and we dont have much to say about that unless it goes against the AC master server server rules (idk if there are any?)
Thanks given by:
His server, his rules but don't lie about it, posting that the reason was lag and showing lines from the logs doesn't make it true or right, the first time Hawk got kicked was for cheating (i was there) and he has a point to come here and complain about it.
Thanks given by:
You know, not everyone has high quality internetz

Send him some proper internet for christmas and then enjoy some games together
Thanks given by:
i banned him for coming back, not for high ping, oh my god
what should i do ? kick everytime ? no, its stupid
its your option but not mine, because its damn stupid
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 01:21PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(19 Dec 14, 12:09AM)TheNihilanth Wrote: Hawk deserves and apology from Lucas.

because he lagged and i kicked him ?

No, because you called him hacker when (until now) he is not. It's not ok calling people hacker in a game where such a word has a terrible connotation and is cause of hate and repulsion specially when the one being called hacker is trying to get into a clan at build a honest in game reputation. That's why.

Also, as Marti said, not everyone has a quality internet connection, therefore it's not ok to say he has a "really poor life" just because Hawk has a high ping.

In the end, it all comes down to: your server your rules. But that doesn't mean people can't state their opinion about it without insults, being civil, without raging, without calling names and without humiliating people.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 03:59PM)Marti Wrote: You know, not everyone has high quality internetz

Send him some proper internet for christmas and then enjoy some games together
ok so if you really believe in that, please play inters and pubs on a daily basis with the worst laggers in the game.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 05:16PM)TheNihilanth Wrote: Also, as Marti said, not everyone has a quality internet connection, therefore it's not ok to say he has a "really poor life" just because Hawk has a high ping.

never said that, i said he has a poor life for creating an account here to cry just because he was kicked by "woop lucas" (come on, this is the reason, he doesnt fucking care) AND because he threatens to "quit playing AC" (like i'd care)

wth i have to explain that, are you sure you can read ? are you using a translator ?

(also, yes, your patch about bots was not good enough - as it was not fitting the rest of the project - to be accepted, but don't you think its time to get over it ?)
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 02:04PM)Undead Wrote: case solved; not hard to say that in the first place, is it?

i just did not know that. i looked up for "lag" in the logs and found the kick reason.
if i had thought 1 second he was cheating, i would have kept the demo and banned him in the first place.
and i would have blacklisted him.
guess what ? 20 minutes after that HAwk was already able to come back again.
Thanks given by:
ah, and also get mad at SKB, his servers do not allow players with a ping > 300 to play. (even if no spikes ! while Hawk had spikes, by the way look how his ping changed)
why dont you throw your shitstorm on him as well.
i've always stated i didn't want to set up an autokick for pings higher than 400 while many people asked me the opposite
Thanks given by:
How deluded do you have to be to assume I have hard feelings against you over a forgotten matter to me? Just because I state my opinion doesn't mean it's to 'attack' you. You are the one who is butt-hurt here, bringing topics that don't belong to this thread's topic (you are off-topic) as a means to 'defend' yourself at all cost and by all means about your misbehavior on your own paid server (which is ultimately a public server), you are even trying to redirect the subject of discussion (which is you) to blame SKB (and others).
Blaming others just to cease being the subject of discussion is low and vile.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 06:08PM)TheNihilanth Wrote: How deluded do you have to be to assume I have hard feelings against you over a forgotten matter to me? Just because I state my opinion doesn't mean it's to 'attack' you. You are the one who is butt-hurt here, bringing topics that don't belong to this thread's topic (you are off-topic) as a means to 'defend' yourself at all cost and by all means about your misbehavior on your own paid server (which is ultimately a public server), you are even trying to redirect the subject of discussion (which is you) to blame SKB (and others).

who am i blaming ? nobody.
i just proved you don't care about laggers getting kicked. (because 1) you dont play with them 2) when its someone different kicking them youre fine with it).

just showing your hypocrisy
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 06:08PM)TheNihilanth Wrote: How deluded do you have to be to assume I have hard feelings against you over a forgotten matter to me? Just because I state my opinion doesn't mean it's to 'attack' you. You are the one who is butt-hurt here, bringing topics that don't belong to this thread's topic (you are off-topic) as a means to 'defend' yourself at all cost and by all means about your misbehavior on your own paid server (which is ultimately a public server), you are even trying to redirect the subject of discussion (which is you) to blame SKB (and others).

gutted.
Thanks given by:
and also this is not my server, i dont pay for it
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 06:14PM)kleinkariert Wrote:

gutted.

well gutted idk but he didn't understand my point for sure.
anyway you are just trash talking. obviously you want laggers kicked. youre just trolling around just becausei gave you the occasion to do it by making a little mistake (using the wrong reason to kick a proven lagger) and its the most exciting thing happening in your life since months so it makes you post here while your post are certainly not relevant at all as youre discussing facts you do not know.

so this will be my last post here : if the OP was really serious and not just complaining because its lucas so its fun to troll him, then im sorry you really believe i thought you were cheating, because i never thought that, and anyone should know youre not cheating.

FOr the others : seriously, get a life. and all your points were bullshit. like "dont kick laggers they did nothing wrong", really ? go play with them ! go play on japanese servers ! why dont you play there ?

SO good bye
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 14, 06:21PM)Luc@s Wrote: go play on japanese servers ! why dont you play there ?

I actually 1v1'd Pyras on a 99% Clan Japan server one time, I had 230 ping and he had 18 or smth. it was actually surprisingly playable.

Can this thread be locked now? over 50% of the posts are useless and contribute nothing (including this one), I'm tired of seeing it appear on the new post section thingy. :(
Thanks given by:
edit : he didnt state he wanted it to be posted here atm
Thanks given by: