Edit walls
Hello. I have a problem. I'm not new to this game, but I'm new in editing and i have to ask you a question. I searched and searched on the internet, and I looked around some guides.
But i've never understand how (even if that is possible ...) change the walls, as if to say, horizontally.
For example, you can raise or lower the level of the ground, but you can do the same with the wall, so that, instead of select the tiles on the floor, you can select the horizontal lines of the wall? I don't know how to explain.
Almost certainly this question will be stupid for many people, but I wonder how to do that since I started playing this game (about 2 years ago ...)
I hope this is the right section.[/align]
Thanks given by:
It's not possible to edit walls in such a fashion. If you try to edit an already made map you will see how people made it, so you might learn a few things. If you really need something horizontal, you'll need to use an object, but try not use too many of them else your map will get FPS drop issues.
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 14, 03:59PM)RKTnoob Wrote: It's not possible to edit walls in such a fashion. If you try to edit an already made map you will see how people made it, so you might learn a few things. If you really need something horizontal, you'll need to use an object, but try not use too many of them else your map will get FPS drop issues.

Thank you!
But , how can people make floor over another one?
And yes , i've seen how people usually makes building, the roof of the building roof coincide with the end of the map in high.
And how can i edit the texture of a wall?
Thanks given by:
They use mapmodels such as platforms to create stages, I suggest you to not create many stages (I'd say 2 is the max) because the engine is not made for such maps and loads everything through the mapmodel, it results in lags most of the time.

About the texture changes, there are probably a lot of tutorials explaining that, mainly, there are 8 different kind of walls so there are 8 different edit keys.
Thanks given by:
Platforms can be found in Editing > mapmodels > Platforms. Wall textures can be edited by home and end for bottom walls, and num 7 and num 4 for top walls.
EDIT: Ninja'd
Thanks given by:
soooo.. you didn't had a moment in two years to read the docs.

http://assault.cubers.net/docs/mapeditin...l#2ndfloor
Thanks given by:
You might also be intrested in Mr.Floppys guide
http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=117
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 14, 02:17PM)Robtics Wrote: You might also be intrested in Mr.Floppys guide
http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=117

I don't think it's at his level yet.
Thanks given by:
Its still a good read for people intrested in mapping
Thanks given by:
The best one written ATM.
Thanks given by:
Thank you all.
Only two questions: Now , i make hole for doors (or windows) by starting the part of the wall above the hole of the door using an upper-wall. Is there an easier way?
Second: Is possible to connect a wall with an upper wall? From what i've seen they have to stay away a cube from the each other...
Sorry if i ask again , but in the documentation I've not found such this things...
Thanks given by:
Is on the docs. Please, keep reading.
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 14, 05:14PM)MPx Wrote: Is on the docs. Please, keep reading.

I can't find it.
Thanks given by:
Press F and to undo press G
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 14, 05:14PM)MPx Wrote: Is on the docs. Please, keep reading.

IMO the doc is not the best way to learn, at all. Especially if you are new to the mapping vocabulary, you will not understand most of the key words, and I don't want to imagine what it would be for a non-native English speaker.

OP here asked how to create windows/doors in a easier way than the classic one, the doc isn't made for this. He also asked if we could "connect" a wall with an upper-wall, the key word from the doc would be "make a solid wall" with the F key, the doc explains almost everything, but it may be hard to understand.

Quote:The reason we are covering solids and spaces, before moving cubes, is because solids block visibility and do not need to be rendered, so they are more efficient to use in maps. The use of solids in a map is essential to creating a good map. Without enough solids AssaultCube maps would lag too much for the average user and would be unplayable. Solids are also easy to create and can be used to make walls with a single keystroke!

Tip: When you've finished your map, change any unused space into solids.

At any time the doc says it creates a wall from the floor to the upper-wall.

Also, the doc is just here to show all the possibilities to devs, not to mappers, I never had to use most of the commands from the doc, so if I had to test everything in-game to know what's usefull and what isn't...
Thanks given by:
Thanks! Sorry , but i forgot to use those commands for this...
Thanks given by: