AC Christmas Cup Discussion
The signup thread will be posted at 12pm.
Signup ends at 2pm GMT on Sunday, 21 December.
Matches start shortly after.

Staff: Roflcopter (admin), Million (ref), Vanquish (ref)
Servers: se-rc.tk (ports: 1111, 2222, 3333) donated by Vanquish
us-rc.tk (ports: 1111, 2222, 3333) donated by yopa
aura.woop.ac (ports: 1999, 2999, 3999, 4999) donated by w00p

Thanks given by:
nice
Thanks given by:
(y)
Thanks given by:
I've added werk to the map pool

Please discuss maps you're interested in seeing played (or not) here!
Thanks given by:
Add flags to snow.
Thanks given by:
Add ac_venison and ac_keller. There's no reason to leave them out.
Thanks given by:
Is urban in there for a reason? imo it's always been one of the worst maps for matches
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 14, 04:36PM)Robtics Wrote: Is urban in there for a reason? imo it's always been one of the worst maps for matches

Tktf urban 2strong
Thanks given by:
Add ac_venison and ac_keller please. Fair maps, push teamwork to the limit (comebacks are very difficult) so no big mistakes are allowed.
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 14, 04:50PM)EndGame Wrote: horseshit

keller is not fair. in this instance it doesn't really matter because you play both sides, but it's probably one of the most biased maps in the game, the fact you're suggesting otherwise makes you look ridiculous.
venison just doesn't play well, you only want it added because FD know it better than anyone else. can't comment on the bias...

I will personally boycott the tournament if either of those two shit maps are added, although luckily larry isn't a retard so he probably won't consider your decision.
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 14, 04:50PM)EndGame Wrote: I can't follow your line of reasoning. anyways, add ac_venison and ac_keller please. Fair maps, push teamwork to the limit (comebacks are very difficult) so no big mistakes are allowed.

There isn't a lot of players who play these maps I think so It would advantage a lot those who knowhowto play them In my opinion.
Thanks given by:
We have played probably 3 clan matches using venison we dont know it that well and even if we did it offers no huge advantage because its the most balanced map on the offical maps list imo.
Thanks given by:
btw: is this a clan only cup or are mixed teams allowed?

the only contra I see on venison is that I loose up to 40% of my fps on it.
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 14, 04:58PM)Teapot Wrote: we dont know it that well and even if we did it offers no huge advantage because its the most balanced map on the offical maps list imo.

solid logic teapot

(27 Nov 14, 04:59PM)Robtics Wrote: btw: is this a clan only cup or are mixed teams allowed?

afaik mixed teams are fine
Thanks given by:
@Vanquish: lol, why would it make me look ridiculous? watch your language.

On topic: Gothic is totally unfair, des3 totally unfair, etc. Keller and venison are way less fair than those maps. No reason to be out. The fact that you don't like them is not a valid reason.

@Million: Start playing those maps then :-D. If you know those maps are likely to be played, then people should practice them. Easy.
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 14, 04:59PM)Robtics Wrote: btw: is this a clan only cup or are mixed teams allowed?

Mixed teams are welcome.
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 14, 05:05PM)EndGame Wrote: On topic: Gothic is totally unfair, des3 totally unfair, etc. Keller and venison are way less fair than those maps.

completely incorrect. gothic is comparable to keller, des3 is more balanced. you've played keller enough to know that the ridiculously huge RVSF base makes it one of the most biased maps in the game, and I'm getting frustrated because I know you know how biased it is and are just hiding it because you want it added.

(27 Nov 14, 05:05PM)EndGame Wrote: The fact that you don't like them is not a valid reason.

Admittedly that's true, but if _nobody_ likes them (or at least 80-90% of participants), why would Larry want to add them to the mappool? There's no point in segregating players by adding things people will dislike, AC is inactive enough as it is and tournaments have to be kept simple if they are to succeed.
Thanks given by:
It would be refreshing to see some newer maps in a tournament for once we have one in ac_swamp and I think ac_venison is a good choice given its balance in 3v3.
Thanks given by:
wow cool, do we have to sign up here?
Thanks given by:
I have to agree about keller, one base is far harder to exit which leads to one team camping and the other attacking.
Thanks given by:
Devs made an official map list and we should deal with it even if most of the maps sucks.
Every map should be allowed even ac_aqueous.
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 14, 05:22PM)Honor Wrote: Devs made an official map list and we should deal with it even if most of the maps sucks.
You heard it here folks, the final will be played on arid.

tbh I don't enjoy playing maps with only 2 routes (depot, iceroad, keller etc.).
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 14, 05:22PM)Honor Wrote: Devs made an official map list and we should deal with it even if most of the maps sucks.

I do understand where you're coming from, it's not for me to change what AC is. But I think in practice it's more fun if the map pool is smaller. The developers' job isn't just to pick good maps for team competitions, but also good maps for crowded public servers and duels etc.
Thanks given by:
Sorry but Venison is really a bad map for CM , but it's a good map for public game.
Keller ..? wat ? you serious ?
Thanks given by:
In one of the last tournament, we had to play ac_swamp which is one of the worst assaultcube map ever made ( bad spawns , unfair base , ugly , sides are fucked up .. ). The map was just released and I didn't train it before the tournament but I still had a lot of fun to play on it because this is new and i still have because i don't know the best spots to kill your enemy.
Actually there are only 2,5 competitive maps :
-Gothic
- Desert3
Mostly because they are unfair.
- Ingress (which becomes more and more popular by players).
I've done like 1k games on each of these maps and i'm bored to do the same things again and again. Bring new maps can only be a benefit for this game and force players who are inactive to train a bit.
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 14, 06:10PM)ReDBuLL Wrote: Sorry but Venison is really a bad map for CM , but it's a good map for public game.
Keller ..? wat ? you serious ?

Thats easy to say explain why venison isnt a good competitive map how many times have you played it?

Im with honor playing the same old desert3 gothic shine is getting boring why not use a balanced newer map like venison to get some variety in this tournament.
Thanks given by:
not saying thats a bad idea but venison is a disadvantage to players on old hardware, I'd rather play keller
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 14, 06:59PM)Robtics Wrote: not saying thats a bad idea but venison is a disadvantage to players on old hardware, I'd rather play keller

I drop more frames on maps like werk and the one area on power than on venison my laptops capped at 125 but it drops to 60-70 sometimes. and with keller it gets a lot of unwarranted hate yes its very hard to score if your the cla team but on the flip side its almost just as hard for rvsf if the cla team is disciplined and pushes to middle. yea rvsf keller is better still.
Thanks given by:
Keller suuuuucks

Venison has so many small routes n stuff, thats why it is perfect for pubs, in matches i'd like to see my opponents every once in a while lol
Thanks given by:
(27 Nov 14, 07:38PM)Marti Wrote: Keller suuuuucks

Venison has so many small routes n stuff, thats why it is perfect for pubs, in matches i'd like to see my opponents every once in a while lol

venison has 3 pathways lol.
Thanks given by: