Poll: Do you think a heavy machine gun with its specs listed below could fit in this game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like the idea
35.71%
5 35.71%
LOL no
64.29%
9 64.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

AC Weapons Revisited
Ok so: the thread titled "AC Weapons" was calling for more weapons to be added to the game but ~sh00t{b} didn't even give any ideas as to what he would like to see added.

Here are two ideas that I had been thinking of before I stopped playing. I wrote them down a while back and, looking through my old computer, decided I'd just put them out there for the fuck of it (so feel free to add your input however positive or negative it is).

1.) in match mode only, each player gets one mine to start the game. this mine can be placed anywhere on the map as long as it is 15 units away from the flag and there is 5 units of space to walk on all sides of this hypothetical idea. only the allied team and spectators/refs can see these mines. the mine would take 10 seconds to set up (adding a little risk to placing it) and if the player setting it up moves or is killed in the middle of placing it, they lose their mine. each player gets only one mine per game.

why add this? it gives a little bit of risk/reward to both teams and makes running with a flag slightly more risky.

2.) a heavy machine gun. holds 45 bullets in one clip and has a slower firing rate than the AR. it would ignore all armor and would have the old AR's damage figures (100/76/52/28/4). it would also have 1.5 times the amount of kickback that the current AR has and a higher spread. you would not be able to reload this gun or get more ammo and would have to switch to pistol/nades/akimbo when you run out of ammo. ammo would only be replenished upon death. (if the cube engine can't ignore ammoboxes with this weapon, then perhaps stepping on an ammobox would give 1 bullet only)

why add this? this weapon would have a large power upside since it kills an enemy from 100 HP in five shots regardless of armor. however, the fact that you are only given 45 bullets until death, that you have an incredibly high kickback, that your fire rate is slow, and that your spread is high, this weapon would have high rewards but higher risks. i think it would be really interesting to see a team composition that tries to incorporate a heavy machine gun user.
Thanks given by:
The heavy machine gun actually sounds epic.
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 14, 11:56PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: 1.) in match mode only, each player gets one mine to start the game.

stopped reading after this
Thanks given by:
Heavy machinegun sounds good. Option 1) would work, but don't be able to see where a mine is placed is no good since everyone would cry "xiter!"
Thanks given by:
mines, heavy machineguns, where are the tanks?
Thanks given by:
mercy what the hell are they teaching you in o
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 14, 01:18AM)ExodusS Wrote: mines, heavy machineguns, where are the tanks?

well, i suppose i should clarify something. out of the two ideas, i think having mines is a shittier idea. it seemed good when i wrote it down a while back but when i was writing it today, i knew almost immediately that it wouldn't have a lot of fans

in all seriousness though, i thought the restrictions i gave on the heavy machine gun were pretty fair. my conclusion is that i think the game needs an "all-in" weapon. you either have great success and carry your team or you fail miserably and end up costing your side the game (i.e. you kill three opponents with the power the gun has or you run out of ammo and have to survive with a pistol or suicide). with this "all-in" method, i feel matches would be put more on edge and more exciting and unexpected things would happen. a different more dangerous/risky play style would emerge.

so, im not suggesting that we add RPGs and nuclear warheads. i was just looking at the "AC Weapons" thread and thought I'd give my ideas a whack and see how people feel

EDIT: I added a poll about the heavy machine gun because I just want to see what people think about it...

(03 Sep 14, 03:37AM)Cemer Wrote: mercy what the hell are they teaching you in o

how to spell and do addition. not gonna lie it's pretty challenging
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 14, 11:56PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: (if the cube engine can't ignore ammoboxes with this weapon, then perhaps stepping on an ammobox would give 1 bullet only)
I'd say that doing this would be a bad idea. It would just be using ammo boxes that could be useful to other players.

EDIT: Well that's for pubs at least. I think this in general would be pretty terrible on pubs.
Thanks given by:
have you bumped your head?
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 14, 12:14AM)Vanquish Wrote:
(02 Sep 14, 11:56PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: 1.) in match mode only, each player gets one mine to start the game.

stopped reading after this

I walk into your mine, you walk into mine(pun intended). Now we both have 0 mines, and the game is exactly the same as mine-less AC except we wasted 20 seconds blowing each other up.

I wouldn't mind the Light Machine Gun as an Akimbo replacement.
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 14, 01:10PM)Nightmare Wrote: I walk into your mine, you walk into mine(pun intended). Now we both have 0 mines, and the game is exactly the same as mine-less AC except we wasted 20 seconds blowing each other up.

I wouldn't mind the Light Machine Gun as an Akimbo replacement.

both valid points

(03 Sep 14, 12:30PM)Orynge Wrote: I think this in general would be pretty terrible on pubs.

yea i was thinking of it for more of a weapon for matches

(03 Sep 14, 01:10PM)Robtics Wrote: have you bumped your head?

yea i guess: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7807.html
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 14, 11:56PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: Ok so: the thread titled "AC Weapons" was calling for more weapons to be added to the game but ~sh00t{b} didn't even give any ideas as to what he would like to see added.

Here are two ideas that I had been thinking of before I stopped playing. I wrote them down a while back and, looking through my old computer, decided I'd just put them out there for the fuck of it (so feel free to add your input however positive or negative it is).

1.) in match mode only, each player gets one mine to start the game. this mine can be placed anywhere on the map as long as it is 15 units away from the flag and there is 5 units of space to walk on all sides of this hypothetical idea. only the allied team and spectators/refs can see these mines. the mine would take 10 seconds to set up (adding a little risk to placing it) and if the player setting it up moves or is killed in the middle of placing it, they lose their mine. each player gets only one mine per game.

why add this? it gives a little bit of risk/reward to both teams and makes running with a flag slightly more risky.

2.) a heavy machine gun. holds 45 bullets in one clip and has a slower firing rate than the AR. it would ignore all armor and would have the old AR's damage figures (100/76/52/28/4). it would also have 1.5 times the amount of kickback that the current AR has and a higher spread. you would not be able to reload this gun or get more ammo and would have to switch to pistol/nades/akimbo when you run out of ammo. ammo would only be replenished upon death. (if the cube engine can't ignore ammoboxes with this weapon, then perhaps stepping on an ammobox would give 1 bullet only)

why add this? this weapon would have a large power upside since it kills an enemy from 100 HP in five shots regardless of armor. however, the fact that you are only given 45 bullets until death, that you have an incredibly high kickback, that your fire rate is slow, and that your spread is high, this weapon would have high rewards but higher risks. i think it would be really interesting to see a team composition that tries to incorporate a heavy machine gun user.

1.5 times the amount of kickback??!! Half the amount of kickback from the AR is still unrealistic? So every time you shoot you end up facing the sky?
Thanks given by:
If only you knew how to handle kickback killerjoe
Thanks given by:
Heavy machine could be a good idea.. but only if its a mounted turret on a vehicle!

WE NEED VEHICLES!!!

Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 14, 10:08AM)MykeGregory Wrote: Heavy machine could be a good idea.. but only if its a mounted turret on a vehicle!

WE NEED VEHICLES!!!

Just turn AC into Halo:Cube Engine Reloaded.
Thanks given by:
I understand the kickback but why not have it so when you stop shooting it goes back in place most people have the right strength.
Thanks given by:
If you shoot a gun IRL it doesnt go back to its original place either, it is you who pulls it down
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 14, 10:08AM)MykeGregory Wrote: Heavy machine could be a good idea.. but only if its a mounted turret on a vehicle!

WE NEED VEHICLES!!!

A good idea they said.
ac_arid would be great with vehicles they said.
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 14, 12:12PM)Marti Wrote: If you shoot a gun IRL it doesnt go back to its original place either, it is you who pulls it down

this
Thanks given by:
well actually its gravity :DDDDDDDDDDD
Thanks given by:
i posted this in another thread Kappa

Thanks given by:
+1 for chainsaw launcher. Only weapon remaining that we need to add.
Thanks given by:
(05 Sep 14, 08:47PM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(05 Sep 14, 12:12PM)Marti Wrote: If you shoot a gun IRL it doesnt go back to its original place either, it is you who pulls it down

this

No point in getting technical. It's gravity like waffles said. As soon as you stop shooting it should go back down to normal again the gun ain't a rocket.

Plus if im supposed to hold the gun down maybe I have to hold the gun properly as well otherwise it flies out of my hand?
Thanks given by:
if its gravity it would fall to the ground

let me rephrase myself then

its you who puts the gun back in place. (by pulling up because gravity would drag it down to the floor, and by pulling down because you still hold your gun and your hands dont go down cuz of fking gravity either)
Thanks given by:
i was joking. if you intend to fire a real gun more than once quickly, you have to pull the gun back down to account for recoil to maintain accuracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOzyqiT1FFA

a good idea of what im talking about. skip ahead to see the slow motion
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 14, 11:31PM)Waffles Wrote: i was joking.

Mad killerjoe? :D
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 14, 01:18AM)ExodusS Wrote: mines, heavy machineguns, where are the tanks?
You forgot the nuke, that kills all players (including team mates) on MasterServer.
Thanks given by: