Game crashes on my mac
Hi i am facing this problem since the new update

I am able to open the launcher but when i press play even if its windowed or fullscreen it crashes

My system config and error report are below. Plz help

MY MACBOOK
Model: MacBook2,1, BootROM MB21.00A5.B07, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GHz, 1 GB
Graphics: kHW_IntelGMA950Item, GMA 950, spdisplays_builtin, spdisplays_integrated_vram

error message
Process: assaultcube [337]
Path: /Applications/AssaultCube.app/Contents/gamedata/assaultcube.app/Contents/MacOS/assaultcube
Identifier: assaultcube
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]

Interval Since Last Report: 311914 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 7
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 7

Date/Time: 2014-07-19 01:18:42.665 +0530
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version: 6
Anonymous UUID: 2CCF0165-E473-4587-A70A-F035D893E44C

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libcurl.framework/Versions/Release-7.30.0/libcurl
Referenced from: /Applications/AssaultCube.app/Contents/gamedata/assaultcube.app/Contents/MacOS/assaultcube
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/AssaultCube.app/Contents/gamedata/assaultcube.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libcurl.framework/Versions/Release-7.30.0/libcurl: unknown required load command 0x80000022
/Applications/AssaultCube.app/Contents/gamedata/assaultcube.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libcurl.framework/Versions/Release-7.30.0/libcurl: unknown required load command 0x80000022

Regards
Grinch

This didnt work for me :(
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7716.html
Thanks given by:
You complained about a ban before you made this thread so i guess AC worked fine before you got this problem.
What did you do/change between that post and this one?

Delete all AC files and install it again.

Not sure where your folders are but mine are here:
/Users/danielle/Library/Application Support/assaultcube_1.2r
and
/Applications/assaultcube1202

Edit:
Just found this post, maybe you can try whatever you did to fix that one.
Thanks given by:
Quote:You complained about a ban .....

I am using my brothers Macpro to play AC as I am unable to connect from my Macbook. But i cant use it all the time. I am trying to make AC work on my mac and the specs are as above.

Quote:Delete all AC files
Already did. But after multiple reinstallations. even using apps cleaner to remove all files and reinstalling it doesnt work :(

Quote: Just found ..., maybe you can try whatever you did to fix that one.

It doesnt work for me but I cheked the system files and it shows there are no files in Assaultcube_1.2r folder. in Application support. i think the installtion is not working on mac OSX 10.5

Grinch
Thanks given by:
You can try followed steps, if you are much desperate:

1. Download from http://archive.hmug.org/BSD/Applications...rl/7.32.0/ file: http://archive.hmug.org/BSD/Applications...sx5.tar.gz
2. Unpack file "/usr/local/lib/libcurl.a" and rename it to "libcurl".
3. In "AssaultCube_v1.2.0.2.dmg" replace "AssaultCube.app/Contents/gamedata/assaultcube.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcurl.framework/Versions/Release-7.30.0/libcurl" with this above "libcurl" file (I found, for example, such procedure: http://www.ehow.com/how_7449275_edit-dmg.html ).

I suppose, that thought it won't work, I don't have Mac to test this solution. ;)
Thanks given by:
I have this problem on my 2009 MacBook Pro as well and can only play on my 2008 Mac Pro. However, the error message I get is about something besides libcurl. It never happened in 1.1. 1.2 also introduced the bug where my mouse leaves the window, removed PowerPC Mac support, and broke all the maps… just so they can say that someone got "peppered" instead of "fragged"?
Thanks given by:
"...and broke all the maps..."
what do you mean?
Thanks given by:
(12 Aug 14, 12:56PM)stef Wrote: "...and broke all the maps..."
what do you mean?

The maps had to be remade for 1.2.
Thanks given by:
Could you maybe be more specific?

If you mean the config files, you are talking nonsense. Running a script on a config file is not "remaking the map".
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 14, 02:09AM)stef Wrote: Could you maybe be more specific?

If you mean the config files, you are talking nonsense. Running a script on a config file is not "remaking the map".

I don't know, but every server I joined just after the 1.2 update was full of people complaining about it. Maybe they were all wrong, which is possible.
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing that it's related to the tightening of the map quality restrictions.
Thanks given by:
Was there any solution to this? I recently had this problem as well.
Thanks given by:
Please test this Mac package, whether it works correctly on Mac 10.5/10.6 (and newer too): http://forum.cubers.net/thread-7444-post...#pid164691
Thanks given by: