Poll: Should Roflcopter balance the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
56.58%
43 56.58%
No
43.42%
33 43.42%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Let me balance this game
Let me balance your mom. Oops! scale broke
Thanks given by:
The only thing unbalanced is the carbine. Totally useless gun in most cases.

(22 Jun 14, 07:27PM)Roflcopter Wrote:
(22 Jun 14, 06:35PM)ExodusS Wrote: Also, a few ideas of your projects would be appreciated before my vote...
  • I want lower time to kill
  • I want lower spread and somewhat lower recoil
  • I want every weapon to have a real place in the game
  • I want a more gentle learning curve to encourage new competitive players
With respect to your list's order:
- The time to kill is already just a couple of seconds, less in many cases.
- It's more realistic and skill-involved this way. (edit: I mean how it is now)
- Every weapon does except the carbine.
- OK, this I agree with, but I don't see how you could do that.
Thanks given by:
(12 Aug 14, 10:41PM)morshu9001 Wrote: The only thing unbalanced is the carbine. Totally useless gun in most cases.

fairly sure some people disagree
Thanks given by:
(12 Aug 14, 10:41PM)morshu9001 Wrote: It's more realistic and skill-involved this way.

[Image: k7MTaDv.gif]
Thanks given by:
I agree with the guy who put women pictures as avatar, the carabine looks fine to my eyes.
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 14, 01:17AM)ExodusS Wrote: I agree with the guy who put women pictures as avatar

She has a name
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 14, 10:42AM)Marti Wrote:
(13 Aug 14, 01:17AM)ExodusS Wrote: I agree with the guy who put women pictures as avatar

She has a name

It's always the same? And I don't know her name.
Thanks given by:
ac clearly needs penetrating shots
Thanks given by:
(12 Aug 14, 10:44PM)Marti Wrote:
(12 Aug 14, 10:41PM)morshu9001 Wrote: The only thing unbalanced is the carbine. Totally useless gun in most cases.

fairly sure some people disagree

Yes, I've seen a few people using it, but only a few. I think it's a bad gun in most cases, but it doesn't hurt to have it for those times when some will want it.
Thanks given by:
(12 Aug 14, 10:41PM)morshu9001 Wrote: - It's more realistic and skill-involved this way.

LOL!
Thanks given by:
Could you clarify how having more spread makes the game more skilled?

Randomization is the antithesis of skill.
Thanks given by:
It's also more realistic having guns not shoot where you aim them.
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 14, 11:37PM)Waffles Wrote: Could you clarify how having more spread makes the game more skilled?

When you don't spray, it resets the spread, now I let you use your brain to find what I mean by this.
Thanks given by:
Spread gets quite out of hand quickly. Every player I know bursts in some way. None shoot 1 bullet at a time because its simply not viable. Im not saying no spread. Just less random.
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 14, 11:59PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: It's also more realistic having guns not shoot where you aim them.

I'm assuming you mean that it's not realistic, but really it is. I just shot a gun yesterday, and they're surprisingly hard to shoot accurately.

(13 Aug 14, 11:37PM)Waffles Wrote: Could you clarify how having more spread makes the game more skilled?

The skill is in anticipating the possible outcomes, like in Texas Hold'em and backgammon. I usually fire the assault rifle in small bursts and only at medium range. It would be overpowered if it could shoot exactly where you aim it and have it be just as accurate at any range, too. You can get lucky or unlucky with it, but not THAT (un)lucky. Definitely less random than many other elements in the game, like going around the corner and either seeing an enemy with his back turned or with his shotgun in your face.
Thanks given by:
.93 had the best balance
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 14, 07:45AM)PolarHedgehog Wrote: .93 had the best balance

SMG and SR were perfectly balanced... between each others.
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 14, 07:07AM)morshu9001 Wrote: It would be overpowered if it could shoot exactly where you aim it and have it be just as accurate at any range, too.

what is your opinion on counterstrike
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 14, 04:59PM)Cemer Wrote: what is your opinion on counterstrike

From 1.6 to GO, there is a huge gap so wich CS?
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 14, 05:05PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(18 Aug 14, 04:59PM)Cemer Wrote: what is your opinion on counterstrike

From 1.6 to GO, there is a huge gap so wich CS?

as many as possible (with regards to aim)
Thanks given by:
Well, obviously all CS are rewarding the aim more than anything else (or maybe a few teamworks and strategies), but when I watch competitive games, it's more the one who aims faster who win, the first to headshot the opponent.

100% different toward AC's gameplay. We can't even compare things.
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 14, 05:16PM)ExodusS Wrote: Well, obviously all CS are rewarding the aim more than anything else

I would say quake rewards aim more since the main hitscan gun has low damage but no spread or recoil. Most CS weapons have spread.

(18 Aug 14, 05:16PM)ExodusS Wrote: 100% different toward AC's gameplay. We can't even compare things.

+1, AC's weapon balance has never been designed with competition in mind (sadly) although I'd argue CS's weapon balance isn't perfect either. Adding random elements such as recoil and spread to a game make the players struggle against the limitations of the game and the unpredictable elements that could fail them at any time, as opposed to allowing players to struggle against their own skill and then ultimately progress and push the skill cap even higher.

EDIT: spoiler'd video
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 14, 04:59PM)Cemer Wrote:
(18 Aug 14, 07:07AM)morshu9001 Wrote: It would be overpowered if it could shoot exactly where you aim it and have it be just as accurate at any range, too.

what is your opinion on counterstrike

Exodus already answered, but I've never played Counterstrike.
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 14, 05:16PM)ExodusS Wrote: Well, obviously all CS are rewarding the aim more than anything else (or maybe a few teamworks and strategies), but when I watch competitive games, it's more the one who aims faster who win, the first to headshot the opponent.

i don't think so.
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 14, 07:26PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(18 Aug 14, 05:16PM)ExodusS Wrote: Well, obviously all CS are rewarding the aim more than anything else (or maybe a few teamworks and strategies)

i don't think so.

This post was only for the competitive part of the game, the part wich is played by professionals.
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 14, 05:16PM)ExodusS Wrote: Well, obviously all CS are rewarding the aim more than anything else (or maybe a few teamworks and strategies), but when I watch competitive games, it's more the one who aims faster who win, the first to headshot the opponent.

Not at all in fact, at high level (pros) it's only a matter of teamplay, strategies and positioning. Aim only make a difference at low & medium level.

And yeah I don't think we can compare cs and ac.
Thanks given by:
Check at all hightlights and best actions of each competitions on CS1.6 and you'll see most of the time, it's all about the one who shots first, the aim of everyone is perfect or almost perfect, it's just a time question.
Thanks given by: