AC_Toxic2 - Renovated and Remixed!
(14 Jun 14, 01:50AM)Hellspell Wrote: Regarding the deathtrap (great film) ladder are we supposed to surmise that when building the facility the assaultcubemen ordered an incorrect size ladder?

Nah, it broke. Can't you see it's rusty?
Thanks given by:
Nice job Randum!!!
Still a good map!
Thanks given by:
Need to check this one out, will do when home. I liked the original toxic though haha.
Thanks given by:
AC_TOXIC2 (BETA) NOW AVAILABLE:

CGZ: http://www.gibbed.me/gomez_maps/ac_toxic2_beta.cgz
CFG: http://www.gibbed.me/gomez_maps/ac_toxic2_beta.cfg

Or...
/connect gibbed.me 2233 && dm ac_toxic2_beta

(feedback wanted)

Note: Pickups are in approximately the same places as before.
Thanks given by:
I see two cfg's.
Thanks given by:
looks a lot better than ac_toxic but I have a few things to add:

- my fps drops about 40% in many areas of the map (which might be a personal problem)
- imho it offers too much armor, while RVFS can acces nearly all of it faster
- CLA can acces the akimbo a lot faster

I wouldnt mind no or far less helmets on ac_toxic2 and I think the akimbo should be moved to a more central position

this is still no map I'd enjoy playing in x1's and I think public gameplay hasnt changed much either so far although the map is not as narrow as ac_toxic which is a really good thing!

Good job so far!
Thanks given by:
Why isn't the fence fixed? Either remove the fence, or fix the clip. People who first play the map are at a disadvantage, seeing how they can't know about it, and toxic isn't the only official map like that (elevation). People who play AC regularly won't mind, but if you allow secrets like this, what's next, walls you can shoot through walls only from one side?
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 14, 02:26PM)Robtics Wrote: - CLA can acces the akimbo a lot faster

F1

And good job RandumKiwi =)
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 14, 02:11PM)Andrez Wrote: I see two cfg's.
Bad linking, fixed - thanks.

(27 Jun 14, 02:26PM)Robtics Wrote: - my fps drops about 40% in many areas of the map (which might be a personal problem)
The map is quite open (yet is small, so manages to only get as high as 6k WQD in the worst place). Yes, a personal problem, but FYI: that's likely why.

(27 Jun 14, 02:26PM)Robtics Wrote: - imho it offers too much armor, while RVSF can access nearly all of it faster
- CLA can access the akimbo a lot faster
- I wouldnt mind no or far less helmets on ac_toxic2 and I think the akimbo should be moved to a more central position
(27 Jun 14, 03:59PM)*H1TM4N* Wrote:
(27 Jun 14, 02:26PM)Robtics Wrote: - CLA can acces the akimbo a lot faster
F1
I wasn't going to change the pickups at first to avoid complaints (thought I want to do so). I'll release a beta2 later with changed pickups. Any more feedback on placement is welcome :)

(27 Jun 14, 02:26PM)Robtics Wrote: although the map is not as narrow as ac_toxic which is a really good thing!
Yes, I agree - thanks. Also note the spawn areas are bigger in size ;)

(27 Jun 14, 02:46PM)RKTnoob Wrote: Why isn't the fence fixed? Either remove the fence, or fix the clip.
No. The gates are and always has been unclipped on purpose. If for some reason, the thought doesn't occur to you that the gate may possibly be unlocked, that's not my fault.
Thanks given by:
Looks good :D
Thanks given by:
I don't know. the amount of waste barrels is something that make me feel .. yagh! :|
maybe less of them?
The akimbo should be near on the wire platforms, IMO.

But the rest is cool. :)
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 14, 12:27AM)MPx Wrote: I don't know. the amount of waste barrels is something that make me feel .. yagh! :|

CFG file Wrote:// In a bid to make the world a safer place, RVSF paid good money to it's allies to
// dispose of their nuclear waste. However, in a hasty move to make some quick cash,
// corrupt allied officials passed on the nuclear waste to CLA, who left it unsecured
// in this abandoned storage facility.

CLA stored the barrels in ac_toxic, do you really expect terrorists to be neat and tidy? Of course not, they're just going to dump them anywhere. If you don't like to fight in a radioactive dumping ground, so be it :P

When I originally made ac_toxic, I didn't have a theme in mind - I just made a map because I wanted to make a map... in otherwords, ac_toxic was from when I was still learning a lot about mapping and its resulting layout is the result of that (pro tip to any new mapper: have a theme, it will make everything 10x better).

Because I didn't have a theme in mind, I got to the end of it and realised... what the hell is this?... then, quickly added a few toxic barrels in a quick attempt to give the map some meaning. Because it was an after-thought, the barrels in the original toxic weren't thought of carefully as to their meaning and/or placement.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 14, 12:27AM)MPx Wrote: The akimbo should be near on the wire platforms, IMO.

Noted. Anyone else agree?

I was thinking either under the wire platforms, or where the hole in the wall is (in the middle of the map, not at the side - currently where grenades are).

P.S: Assume that other pickups will change too.
Thanks given by:
RandomKiwi Wrote:do you really expect terrorists to be neat and tidy?

Yes. While terrorists may have fucked up heads I'm sure they are capable of being neat.

But seriously though I think there are too many toxic barrels.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 14, 01:35AM)PhaNtom Wrote: But seriously though I think there are too many toxic barrels.

On review, I've removed some from the middle - but for the most part... there are supposed to be too many barrels :P

Here's the changes:
[Image: mlhinqD.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was thinking, place the akimbo here.

Is the most fair place for both teams (distance)

but you have to move the pistol clip or the health pack. The pistol clip could be next to the Park bench and the health pack could stay there. idk.
Thanks given by:
How about this for pickups?

CGZ: http://www.gibbed.me/gomez_maps/ac_toxic2_beta2.cgz
CFG: http://www.gibbed.me/gomez_maps/ac_toxic2_beta2.cfg
Thanks given by:
No one minds the gate to be passable, but use a model that shows the gate as opened or something, walking through a closed gate is unfair to noobs, I played toxic numerous times before I found out you can walk through a closed gate, and it's an official map, it shouldn't have "glitches" like that.
I understand you want the gate to be passable, and I have nothing against there being a passage, but making it hidden is not okay.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 14, 05:40AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: How about this for pickups?

Yeah, so much better.
About the closed gate. I think you should use the open one.
Thanks given by:
i like the additions!

That ladder leading into the hole was always a struggle to stay alive on..
the changes have increased the maps play speed..
Thanks given by:
've been testing and found it very good, fair for both sides. GJ!
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 14, 10:10AM)RKTnoob Wrote: No one minds the gate to be passable, but use a model that shows the gate as opened or something

If someone creates a gate, that's slightly ajar, I'll use it - how's that?

(i.e. I won't change it until then)

Where's Cleaner? :)
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 14, 08:39PM)*H1TM4N* Wrote: I've been testing and found it very good, fair for both sides. GJ!

Any other comments about the new layout? I don't want to give a pickup layout that people find worse ;)
Thanks given by:
Why not just use an opened gate? A semi opened one doesn't exist yet afaik, and it would probably be hard to clip, or the gate could possibly get in the way.
[Image: 20140629_00_47_46_ac_toxic2_beta_TDM.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As a nob I thought I had stumbled upon some revelation when found I could walk through certain fences...
I wouldn't take that fun away, even though I understand your point RKT
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 14, 09:46PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Any other comments about the new layout? I don't want to give a pickup layout that people find worse ;)

I have nothing to add about the layout, for me it's ok.
F1 ;)
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 14, 01:55AM)RKTnoob Wrote: Why not just use an opened gate?

'cause, art.
Thanks given by:
Oh, yeah... Nice map, btw, RK ;D
Thanks given by:
Please change the gate
[Image: valentine20inch35-345.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I consider this finished now, and it's uploaded to akimbo too: http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=1290

Any comments though, won't fall on deaf ears - I'll still make modifications where good ideas are given :)
Thanks given by: