acwc anyone?
How about that acwc, I have seen some teams playing?
Thanks given by:
uwotm8
Thanks given by:
With all the inactiveness, doubtful
Thanks given by:
I think it should happen. Just because it's the flagship competition of Assault Cube.
Even with low activity.
Even if noobs(nightmare 4 murika) sign up to fill the order.
Thanks given by:
I was going to post a gif of somebody laughing but I decided that it would be a dickish thing to do to undermine your question as it appears to be serious.

I don't see it happening because of three key points:
1) Nobody wants to run it
2) All the ACWC's that I've been around to view or play in (admittedly, just two) have each had sixteen teams sign up. Can sixteen countries field teams of three/four players each this year?
3) While I believe that the bi-annual B} Leagues are not as popular as the idea of a yearly ACWC (since it's a long-standing community tradition), it's a good indicator for player activity. I reckon an ACWC would be possible to organise, however it wouldn't be as popular as those of previous years and would probably result in a great number of games going unplayed. This would generate a substantial sense of unprofessionalism, and perhaps damage the view that some may carry of the tournament, given its success in previous years.

So in my opinion, it's probably better to leave things be, unless this thread generates substantial interest in the tournament (thanks for making it btw because it's better to have a small chance of this happening than none at all). From my own perspective, I'd be happy to play for a UK team again, although I sincerely doubt that we'd be able to find three players willing to participate.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 14, 05:09PM)Vanquish Wrote: 1) Nobody wants to run it

I'm sure there's plenty of people who would run it.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 14, 05:39PM)PhaNtom Wrote: I'm sure there's plenty of people who would run it.

It's not about "just wanting" to run it, it's about possessing the capability to do so. When a relatively unknown player tries to start a league, it usually gets ostracized (does anybody remember gignu + EL's ACCL? Didn't think so). So therefore somebody who is relatively well known within the community should run it, in my opinion.
This topic has been discussed for about a month or so now and nobody has volunteered, and that's all I meant with my statement. If anybody wanted to volunteer to run it, then I'm sure that would be welcomed. :-)
Thanks given by:
There is already a wc in brazil :D
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 14, 06:41PM)Marti Wrote: There is already a wc in brazil :D

ACWC is a lot safer imo
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 14, 07:16PM)Nightmare Wrote:
(07 Jun 14, 06:41PM)Marti Wrote: There is already a wc in brazil :D

ACWC is a lot safer imo

Yeah, I don't think anyone will literally get decapitated at ACWC.
Thanks given by:
It's cool to do the acwc becaus it bring some cometition back!
Thhe only thing is the players, dunno of there are enought to make enough teams.
Thanks given by:
i'll play with you Vanquish.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 14, 10:37PM)Jason Wrote: i'll play with you Vanquish.
Thanks given by:
I agree with vanguish, I feel like AC has lost its players from 1.1.0.4 > 1.2.0.1 and it also has been throughout the years. As for Team CA, it doesn't look like we will have a team this year because everyone is getting busy with their life and they don't have time. if we were to have a team, probably new players will probably be the ones to play.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 14, 01:25AM)pkkiller Wrote: I agree with vanguish, I feel like AC has lost its players from 1.1.0.4 > 1.2.0.1 and it also has been throughout the years. As for Team CA, it doesn't look like we will have a team this year because everyone is getting busy with their life and they don't have time. if we were to have a team, probably new players will probably be the ones to play.

Why not just team north america?
Thanks given by:
Tacos, hotdogs, and maple syrup all at the same time?
Getting wild there, moose.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 14, 01:56AM)Music Wrote:
(08 Jun 14, 01:25AM)pkkiller Wrote: I agree with vanguish, I feel like AC has lost its players from 1.1.0.4 > 1.2.0.1 and it also has been throughout the years. As for Team CA, it doesn't look like we will have a team this year because everyone is getting busy with their life and they don't have time. if we were to have a team, probably new players will probably be the ones to play.

Why not just team north america?

That could work, probably america playing itself
Thanks given by:
We can't lose our identity. Not because some players have left we have to stop playing this tourney. We don't need 16 teams. Remember that players pass but AC remains...let's do the ACWC 2014 (not in June though)
Thanks given by:
I can sub for UK. Optic, Vanq and Jason play ahead of me.
Thanks given by:
Just like Endgame said. Just do it and see how far we can come!
Thanks given by:
ACWC Autumn Edition?
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 14, 01:05PM)Marti Wrote: ACWC Autumn Edition?

In my opinion acwc should happen, because it is the main tourney of AC, that is still recognized by players. Even if there are less players/countries participating, we must keep this tournament alive.

Furthermore we should think about changing the rules slightly, like allowing 2 teams per nation to play and thus filling the missing slots. Moreover the new generation of ac should have an opportunity to play, which also leads to a greater amount of players and therefore more nations (also if the skill level is shrinking).

I dont want to talk now about further changes, like thinking about other team modes (tosok/tdm/htf), which was common in older acwcs and could bring back some attractiveness. Yeah i know everything will say, we only play ctf, but new players may play these modes as well as ctf.

Finally one important point, that you shouldn't ignore.
Acwc shouldnt happen before end of july. Most students have exams until this date.

And of course, i can organize a german acwc team.
Thanks given by:
I think you may be forgetting that this is a world cup ;)
Thanks given by:
I want competition, where is the ACWC file?
Nice way to practice and have fun, for me lol
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 14, 02:41PM)XFA Wrote:
I think you may be forgetting that this is a world cup ;)

But not every world cup is in the summer :D:D
Thanks given by:
we could ask server owners to write some advitizing for the worldcup so that newer players know where to go for more info and/or get in touch with players of their own country...
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 14, 07:18PM)EndGame Wrote: we could ask server owners to write some advitizing for the worldcup so that newer players know where to go for more info and/or get in touch with players of their own country...

Good idea! :D
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 14, 07:35PM)MotoShadow Wrote:
(08 Jun 14, 07:18PM)EndGame Wrote: we could ask server owners to write some advitizing for the worldcup so that newer players know where to go for more info and/or get in touch with players of their own country...

Good idea! :D

If you guys get the details to me I would gladly add the info to all |AoX| Network MotD's
Thanks given by:
We need to know who's going to organize ACWC. I'm more than willing to help.
Thanks given by:
we can spread words from the masterserver also.
Thanks given by: